• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazepam : how long does it take to get addicted to it?

skipjames

Bluelighter
Hellos,
I ve took a break from Oxys taking Kratom , Loperamide and Clonazepam 0.5 to sleep. W-d almost nonexistent, so far so good. But I ve been taking Clonazepam daily for 10 days now, at least one to sleep in normal days and ....a shitload of them while doing coke (same old mistake when I m off the oxy, I get depressed and I do blow). How long does it take to become addicted to Clonazepam? Have I fucked up real bad this time, or can I still avoid benzos w-d (which scare me way more than oxy w-d?) . Thanks for reading

there might be rebound but you can off now easily if you don't need to be high functioning.
It is really down to luck how easy dependence forms, but, too easy. 2-3 months old habit makes most people struggle coming off and 1 month habit is not commonly much of fun either and you can feel coming off 2 week habit already. Hell, some benzo-naive people get rebounds of their first benzo.

aw, didn't notice you did shitload of them while on coke...you might want to do rapid taper
if it is say more than 40 mg clonazepam altogether, you might have some serious uncomfort. I don't want to take any responsibility of saying anything conclusive about if you can CT but rapid taper is advisable anyway.

aw, didn't notice you did shitload of them while on coke...you might want to do rapid taper
if it is say more than 40 mg clonazepam altogether, you might have some serious uncomfort. I don't want to take any responsibility of saying anything conclusive about if you can CT but rapid taper is advisable anyway.
hi , while on coke I took at most 3-4 Clonazepam (4 mg) per day in the last 3 days , and a similar amount last tuesday. The other days I took just one pill (0.5)

Netflix- Take your pills “Xanax” is the second doc made

It’s a great watch re:benzos

I have sent it to my best mate here who pops Xanax 2mg as if they were candies.....Dunno whether I wanna watch the documentary though , benzos are probably the only drugs I m both afraid of and ashamed of using ( obviously this does not stop me from using them anyway...) . XAnax were pretty easy to get down here (Brazil) now is getting kinda difficult, but they prescribe Clonazepam as if it was Aspirin....

Last edited:
well if its been week since you quit those big doses you have essentially tapered off them, you could take 0.25 for few days, no harm doing that it is not making anything really much worse and probably takes the edge off of landing.

Clonazepam 0.5mg
Diazepam 10mg

Clonazepam has a relatively long halflife and duration of action.....MUCH longer than Alprazolam (Xanax)

Clonazepam would definitely be a useful tool to slowly lower your usage & tolerance/dependency to benzodiazepines

Diazepam (Valium) 10/5/2mg scored tablets are the most useful to slowly taper down.

I have Diclazepam (2-chloro-diazepam) which was synthesized by the same chemist who made Valium. Diclazepam has a VERY long halflife but metabolizes into the legitimate pharmaceutical benzodiazepines Delorazepam and then into Lorazepam (Ativan)

I get 30x Clonazepam 0.5mg tablets every week which I take 2-4 daily, which is idiotic on my part....will be a freakn nightmare to get off of in the end.

These meds are nothing to play around with, and should be STRICTLY as needed.....but after a long hard day at work, I get home and take an oral Brompton Cocktail daily

Methadone
Ritalin
Clonazepam
Pregabalin
Indica Cannabis
Ethanol Jin

In 30min I can feel the onset creeping in with a warm pleasurable anxiolytic relaxation is my little treat at the days end (usually 3/4pm) so I have ample time to enjoy my state of bliss 😊

Methadone
Ritalin
Clonazepam
Pregabalin
Indica Cannabis
Ethanol Jin
If your list ended with "3 large hits of the finest crystal DMT just before going to bed" I would say that you covered almost all bases. Not judging, just sympathising and being slightly jealous. 🤣

Herbal mixture aka changa would also do if the blend is really good. And I would leave ethanol out of the picture cause with methadone, pregabalin and clonazepam are already quite a mix of depressants.

What was the topic of this thread? I blanked out when I read this list. :devilish:

Lol.....well, I honestly do a few lines of Ketamine hcl before bed.

And I'm a very tolerant individual that has been taking this cocktail for 10+ years, so I know what levels are safe for myself.

But you're totally right.....that mixture could prove fatal for many individuals

Hey Skip, meu amigo, tudo bem?
You should be fine given the time and amount you have been using it. You may have a subtle rebound or nothing at all. Clonazepam is more forgiving than xanax and you were on it not even for half month,and dosages weren't crazy.
Benzos are dangerous if you don't respect them, but you sound very aware of their evil nature.
But overthinking about their dangers is also bad as it generates anxiety, wich is the reason you took them in the first place.
Stop taking them or do a fast mini taper if you think you will be safer, but when you stop them don't spent your day monitoring yourself for wds symptoms, gaba wds are evident and you would be able to tell, God forbid.
Also remember clonazep has a long half life and if you were to experiment some minor rebound or disconfort, it could happen some days after discontinuation.

Eu acho que voçê vai ficar bem, nem tomou muita quantidade nem foi un tratamento longo, tudo vai correr bem voçê vai ver.
Forte aperta

u
Hey Skip, meu amigo, tudo bem?
You should be fine given the time and amount you have been using it. You may have a subtle rebound or nothing at all. Clonazepam is more forgiving than xanax and you were on it not even for half month,and dosages weren't crazy.
Benzos are dangerous if you don't respect them, but you sound very aware of their evil nature.
But overthinking about their dangers is also bad as it generates anxiety, wich is the reason you took them in the first place.
Stop taking them or do a fast mini taper if you think you will be safer, but when you stop them don't spent your day monitoring yourself for wds symptoms, gaba wds are evident and you would be able to tell, God forbid.
Also remember clonazep has a long half life and if you were to experiment some minor rebound or disconfort, it could happen some days after discontinuation.

Eu acho que voçê vai ficar bem, nem tomou muita quantidade nem foi un tratamento longo, tudo vai correr bem voçê vai ver.
Forte aperta
eae meu irmão !tudo bom, obrigado, e contigo?
Cheers for the encouraging words mano, I m trying not to overdo (and not overthink ) this Clonazepam thing. The idea was to use them to knock me off on my flight to Italy ( I ll spend Xmas back home) but I m using them for coke comedowns instead :cry::ROFLMAO: You know how it is when u stop doing opiates and you don t know to do with yourself....still yeah the plan is to cut the coke and maybe try to use weed to sleep instead of benzos ( weed usually makes me freak out but it kinda works as a sleeping aid). Vamos ver o que vai dar...Grande abraço!

I watched that last night based off of your recommendation. It was good. I notice the people that had the least problems were the ones that stayed on their low dose and never ever increased. Seems the one guy that went from 1 mg to 3 mgs had bad issues. But he was also on benzos for years, I think 13 years?

My personal opinion based off of posts, if person has to ask after downing a lot of benzos then they are probably on fertile ground.

Imo long actin' benzos like clonaz need more time to get physically addicted to it,than for example xanax...it depends on many factors.....usually recognizable withdrawl symptoms revealed after 2-3 months daily intake even at low doses(0.5-1mg)....but could be less or more