• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Climbing to the Summit

Save

Bluelighter
Am I ready for this climb? No, but this isn't a pleasure climb. This isn't some joy hike up Everest that the Ice Doctors already cleared for the climbing season for a spoiled Western crowd of people who couldn't climb for the life of them without professional climbers walking them to the top. Sorry, kind of unnecessary train of thought here.

This is more like climbing K2 or Meru. No time to prepare. Climb now or be killed by the beast chasing me.

My drug of choice was propylhexedrine as of late. I have a horrible history when it comes to drug use. I also drink up a storm of body and brain destruction along with the propyl devastation. Horrible things for the mind and body. Enough about that, however I cannot even recommend propylhexedrine for a self-controlled recreational drug user it is that bad. Garbage and if you try it make sure it is only that, trying it. I never planned on this thing being a monster habit incorporated into drinking relapses. This thing eats your brain and soul.

I am actually doing well considering how bad the last relapse was. I literally thought I was on the verge of death.

I will post in here regularly as I progress in my recovery journey and no this isn't a rodeo and I've been through plenty. This is a climb for your life the reaper is here to take your soul type life dilemma.

Welcome to SL. I have been hospitalized on the verge of death multiple times. You are in the right place. We have a wonderful, supportive community here.

A huge welcome to you my friend!!!!

You can do it Save, you've come to the right place, we will all be here to help you and support you along the way. Very proud of you for taking these steps, be kind and patient with yourself.

Here if you need anything,
your friend,
Ashley.

Am I ready for this climb? No, but this isn't a pleasure climb. This isn't some joy hike up Everest that the Ice Doctors already cleared for the climbing season for a spoiled Western crowd of people who couldn't climb for the life of them without professional climbers walking them to the top. Sorry, kind of unnecessary train of thought here.

This is more like climbing K2 or Meru. No time to prepare. Climb now or be killed by the beast chasing me.

My drug of choice was propylhexedrine as of late. I have a horrible history when it comes to drug use. I also drink up a storm of body and brain destruction along with the propyl devastation. Horrible things for the mind and body. Enough about that, however I cannot even recommend propylhexedrine for a self-controlled recreational drug user it is that bad. Garbage and if you try it make sure it is only that, trying it. I never planned on this thing being a monster habit incorporated into drinking relapses. This thing eats your brain and soul.

I am actually doing well considering how bad the last relapse was. I literally thought I was on the verge of death.

I will post in here regularly as I progress in my recovery journey and no this isn't a rodeo and I've been through plenty. This is a climb for your life the reaper is here to take your soul type life dilemma.

Your in one if the best places online for support. Nobody is judging anyone here . It's kinda like a online journal so others can give there thoughts.

Your in one if the best places online for support. Nobody is judging anyone here . It's kinda like a online journal so others can give there thoughts.
Thank you for the kind words. I had another near death binge which ended by or on 8/19/18. This is my clean date. I have been sober since then.

I am playing around with offline self-help group programs and have currently set my will on attending SOS (founded by James Christopher, Secular Organizations for Sobriety / Save OurSelves) Friday evenings and Refuge Recovery Sunday evenings. I can see they are not magic cures and I believe one can recover without them but for the time being I will most likely not post in here.

Perhaps I will make a new entry once I am sober a few more months. Pretty serious situation here and I feel as though journaling will not necessarily aid me. However my focus is steady and I have taken serious precautions offline to protect myself from the beast (my compulsive tendencies lead me into its grip I am sure).

I should try to at least extend support while I am not posting in here. Will try to do that weekly when I come to a Friday meeting.

My addiction is of a poly nature so it would require some background info to describe entirely which I am not ready to write about in here.

Good luck to you Save, you sound like you have a great game plan moving forward.

When you're ready we would love to hear your story. No rush on that, I understand that privacy is always an issue so I understand not wanting to divulge a lot.
We are all here to support you, big hugs and I wish you nothing but success!!!!

Your friend,
Ash.

Thank you for the kind words. I had another near death binge which ended by or on 8/19/18. This is my clean date. I have been sober since then.

I am playing around with offline self-help group programs and have currently set my will on attending SOS (founded by James Christopher, Secular Organizations for Sobriety / Save OurSelves) Friday evenings and Refuge Recovery Sunday evenings. I can see they are not magic cures and I believe one can recover without them but for the time being I will most likely not post in here.

Perhaps I will make a new entry once I am sober a few more months. Pretty serious situation here and I feel as though journaling will not necessarily aid me. However my focus is steady and I have taken serious precautions offline to protect myself from the beast (my compulsive tendencies lead me into its grip I am sure).

I should try to at least extend support while I am not posting in here. Will try to do that weekly when I come to a Friday meeting.

My addiction is of a poly nature so it would require some background info to describe entirely which I am not ready to write about in here.