• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Clearheadedness and Psychedelics... please explain...

Choronzon333

Bluelighter
So I hear alot of people talk about different psych's being clear headed. Now for the longest time I thought I knew what they were talking about. However the way people have used the word recently has me kinda confused.
Can someone explain exactly what is meant by clearheadedness and how it relates to different drugs such as LSD, psilocin acetopsilocin, dmt, 2cx's etc...

What got me confused was hearing people say acid was super clear headed. I have never done 2c-c, 2c-d and most rcs that people describe as super clear headed so I only really imagined exacltly what they meant but I though I had a fair Idea. Now I am hearing people say that LSd is very clear headed and wonder how this can be. LSD makes me and alot of ppl I know mindfucked. How can something be clear headed and mind fucking? Please help me out here.

I would like to know because I like the effects os psychedelics but am looking to find some that allow a greater level of functionality while using them so I can use their desirable effects for technical music, sound engineering and other tasks that take significant linear concentration but are also enhanced by psychedelia...

Mescaline, for me anyway, very often produces a state of mind where my senses are sharp and accurate. Unlike mushrooms that distort everything and give me a fuzzy warped out feeling, mescaline is like my senses are accurate only sharper and more sensitive, and then I see a little bit of superimposed colors and sometimes visions where I dream in my third eye while awake. These visions can have great symbolic significance.

Sometimes acid can be clear headed for me, but not always. Some acid feels cleaner than others, some feels more floaty and some feels sharper. It might have to do with levels of LSA and other metabolites that are produced in the process of making LSD-25.

Drunk is NOT a clear headed high, and neither is stoned really. Mescaline is the epitome of what I would describe as a "clear" psychedelic high, along with some batches of acid.

Mescaline, for me anyway, very often produces a state of mind where my senses are sharp and accurate. Unlike mushrooms that distort everything and give me a fuzzy warped out feeling, mescaline is like my senses are accurate only sharper and more sensitive, and then I see a little bit of superimposed colors and sometimes visions where I dream in my third eye while awake. These visions can have great symbolic significance.

Sometimes acid can be clear headed for me, but not always. Some acid feels cleaner than others, some feels more floaty and some feels sharper. It might have to do with levels of LSA and other metabolites that are produced in the process of making LSD-25.

Drunk is NOT a clear headed high, and neither is stoned really. Mescaline is the epitome of what I would describe as a "clear" psychedelic high, along with some batches of acid.

ok. I know what u are saying about mescaline and shrooms that makes sense but acid being clear headed?

BTW I agree with the drunk stoned thing not being clear headed but since they aren't psyches I don't think of it the same way...

I find that with LSD, after the intense hallucinatory phase wears off, a state of profound clear-headedness usually sets in. Senses are sharepened, body and mind are at peace, you feel like you just went through 3 years of psychotherapy, etc. Try doing a small dose of acid. That may help you find the focus you're looking for without all the extraneous mind-fuck stuff.

hmm doing a small dose just makes me feel kinda weird like something is very strange but uncertain why and when its going to end... I guess you could call that clear headedness?

When I use the word 'clean' pertaining to medicine, I am speaking of no negative psychological or physical effects which are directly correlated to the medicine.

Personally, I can't imagine any psychs being 'clear-headed'. I never really knew what people meant by that when they said it. When people say clear-headed, I think of a state where you can think clearly. When I take LSD I'll walk between rooms, forget why, remember, forget, remember, then be indecisive about what I'm doing, ultimately leading to me sitting in the hallway for 10 minutes. That, to me, doesn't seem, in the slightest, clear-headed.

In fact, on every psych I've tried, I'd say that my mind is more racing and changing subject of thought rapidly rather than being clear... in any sense of the word.

The first few times I did acid it was not a clean or clear experience. It was intense and wild, but not clear.

After doing lots of acid over the years, certain batches of acid have in fact been pretty clean in their effects. Its like being stoned for the first time....I forgot how to talk. However, now I can function fairly normally on a good Sativa but not really on strong indica even now. Sativa is more clear headed and yet more euphoric than Indica for me, but its still not as clear headed as mescaline.

Acid can really go either way for me. When I was doing it every weekend my mind became acclimated to it, and instead of feeling lost or confused I felt at peace and psychologically energized and all around good. I could think about complex philosophical ideas and go on rants about esoteric philosophy or activism and the state of the world, talk about or play music, and instead of being fuzzy or confused I felt more lucid and capable than normal rather than less.

I actually scored higher on an IQ test on acid one time than I was able to do sober.

Mescaline is more consistently cleaner than acid though, at least for me.

I always thought that the amount of euphoria equaled how clear headed you are?

Like LSD I can't talk to people straight, and takes me a while to make a decision, but on 2ce (no euphoria) I can think vevry easily, speak to people, and make decisions on whim.

Personally, I can't imagine any psychs being 'clear-headed'. I never really knew what people meant by that when they said it. When people say clear-headed, I think of a state where you can think clearly. When I take LSD I'll walk between rooms, forget why, remember, forget, remember, then be indecisive about what I'm doing, ultimately leading to me sitting in the hallway for 10 minutes. That, to me, doesn't seem, in the slightest, clear-headed.

Not everyone reacts that way to LSD, though. People exhibit a wide range of responses to the material.

One of the ways that I'm prone to experiencing acid, is a dramatic heightening of my perception into a very specific task (like playing music, for instance). Its a state of nimble-mindedness and grace, where I can extrapolate and interpolate complicated ideas on a whim and then seamlessly express them musically. I can't really do this while sober very well, though I try-- but for some reason, when LSD is introduced into my brain, I can achieve this state of grace. That type of overt cognitive enhancement is an aspect of "clearheadedness", IMO-- especially with respect to LSD.

Try DXM and smoke some cannabis during it. That trip showed me what not being clear-headed on a trip is. I think it has to do with how much you trust your own judgment on that drug and a certain ineffable feeling. Also, short-term memory impairment can make a trip a little less clear-headed (like AMT or hoopyfrood's description of his LSD experiences). I agree that mescaline is very clear-headed.

ok. I know what u are saying about mescaline and shrooms that makes sense but acid being clear headed?

BTW I agree with the drunk stoned thing not being clear headed but since they aren't psyches I don't think of it the same way...

Do not underestimate how psychedelic cannabis is. By itself it is not that apparent, but combined with another drug that is psychedelic or somewhat psychedelic, one can understand why it is called a mild psychedelic. IMO cannabis is psychedelic because it alters the thought process.

Last edited:
i remember reading a thread about tripping at school or somthing along those lines... i remember one post this guy was talking about how he would wake up about 3 hours before school take half a hit of Acid then go back to sleep.

he then said that doing this increased his senses made him more alert and active and that he could concentrate alot better than when he was clean.

i think if you did somthing like this it could help you with making music or whatever it is you do. i think to be more creative tho u might need to take a higher dose mabe three quarters of a hit im not sure but whatever just my input.

all psych's are pretty variable in this regard. When people use the phrase "clear headed" in that regard i interpret it to mean not confused & loopy. Some psych's, esp shrooms, always seem a bit confusing. Sometimes LSD is occasionally, but sometimes, especially now that i've gotten older & more experienced, it does seem more "clear headed." I find most of the 2c's to not be terribly confusing, even at higher doses, but YMMV

the clear headedness means that you are thinking in absolution i believe.
You've shed the boundaries of your normal perceptions and thinking and now you have a mind at rest. Just because there isn't a little voice nattering inside of your head different things to say doesn't mean that you aren't thinking.

I like to think that when i attain a state of clear minded psychedelic deliciousness that it is merely a unity between mind and body both are communicating on the same level and both want the same thing.

Try DXM and smoke some cannabis during it. That trip showed me what not being clear-headed on a trip is. I think it has to do with how much you trust your own judgment on that drug and a certain ineffable feeling. Also, short-term memory impairment can make a trip a little less clear-headed (like AMT or hoopyfrood's description of his LSD experiences). I agree that mescaline is very clear-headed.

Do not underestimate how psychedelic cannabis is. By itself it is not that apparent, but combined with another drug that is psychedelic or somewhat psychedelic, one can understand why it is called a mild psychedelic. IMO cannabis is psychedelic because it alters the thought process.

I actually found dxm+weed very similar to weed+lsd... I guess when I've done acid without weed, it was a little more clear-headed, though, I don't have enough experience to say for sure.

... Now that I think about it, weed could be the agent in both of those experiences that ruined any clearheadedness I might have had. Or at least added to the confusion. I distinctly remember one aspect of my trip, where, right after I smoked the weed, an 'entity' (not meant in any spiritual sense, more like a cartoon character in my thoughts) that I recognized from this one time when I was super baked off of weed alone came into my head, and this 'character' combined with an acid 'character' in an attempt to distract every thought I had.

In fact, on every psych I've tried, I'd say that my mind is more racing and changing subject of thought rapidly rather than being clear... in any sense of the word.

agreed. I was wondering if say 2c-d wasn't like this or much less like this bc i want to use psyches for their positive effects on learning but still be able to focus obviously... i was learning how to play new rudiments on drums that used to be hard while shrooming. I was able to become totally amideterous which totaly helped. Problem is I would work on drumming for a minute very well but then get distracted by random thoughts, end up wandering around the room trying to figure them out befcause the felt important for a few minutes before remembering I was trying to practice without prior mental barriers and bad habbits to getter better faster, and then repeat for about 2 hours before I said fuck it...

thats a very bad definition of psychedelic. Ampetamines definately alter thought process. I wouldn't call dexedrine psychedelic though. I know what you are trying to say about cannabinoids but I am speaking of seretonin agonist type psychedelics specifically here...

the clear headedness means that you are thinking in absolution i believe.
You've shed the boundaries of your normal perceptions and thinking and now you have a mind at rest. Just because there isn't a little voice nattering inside of your head different things to say doesn't mean that you aren't thinking.

I like to think that when i attain a state of clear minded psychedelic deliciousness that it is merely a unity between mind and body both are communicating on the same level and both want the same thing.

Huh.... I know what you are trying to say here. I wouldn't necessarily liken psyches as clear headed in this way then. Individuals may be able to get to this state on psyche's but you definately cant say psyche's necisarily cause this.

If you are talking like a yogi meditative state here is something that is more precise at taking your brain there...

http://neurodynamicactivator.com/

this thing is crazy awesome... especially when combined with psychedelic experiences, It can make shrooms feel alot less chaotic and more enlightening.