Clear my head! I need some inspiration...

Nixiam

Bluelighter
:(I'm literally being a wimp.

Laying in bed crying, don't know what to do with myself. I'm feeling super sick. Hella sick. Anxiety through the roof.

I was Skyping a friend yesterday. She consumed 17 800mg tablets of ibuprofen. She threw up 13 while we were talking.

I warned her not to exceed maximum doses of APAP or NSAIDS.

Though, it was still 3200 mg in one dose. She has an array of health problems...

_____

I feel so helpless, you know? Maybe it's just the lack of medication talking. I don't feel like I can really save anyone. Like everything I touch either doesn't change or grows legs and runs away.

Some weird things with my head have been going on. Like really weird.

I walked into the lunchroom at my HS. Nobody was sitting at my table, but as I touched my seat and blinked, everyone zapped into existence. I was so freaked out I walked to the bathroom and cried.

My head space has also been strange. I've been talking with a girl for a while now, trying to figure her out and all. Everytime I saw her, I saw a library. It's hard to describe.

And sometimes life looks like this until I "snap" out of it.

Like I'm staring into a room with too much light and tunnel vision.

_____

I don't know. It almost seems borderline psychotic.

I blame anxiety. I'm as sharp as ever (except for Math, god I'm terrible).

I have been drug free for almost two weeks. Even then, it's only opiates and a benzo or two (I'm scared of benzo addiction, so I hardly fuck withem)

____

Can you guys give me inspiration to do something? Past times, anecdotes?

Is life after 18 as scary as they say?

I need a good, strong, non devastating dose of reality. Not any of the fake ass hormonal shit that goes on in my teenage life.

Also paranoia! Oh my god the paranoia. And the mood swings.

_____

I apologize if this post seems clumsy. Perhaps all I want is comfort from someone. I just feel so stupidly weird. Man it fucks you up.

Who else?

Last edited:
Well, I don't really have any advice or anything, but iv been experiencing something a little similar (tho nowhere near as drastic). If you wanna send me a message here or dm me on Instagram or something @carpenter.jackson, I know we're both 15.

Laying in bed crying, don't know what to do with myself. I'm feeling super sick. Hella sick. Anxiety through the roof.

I was Skyping a friend yesterday. She consumed 17 800mg tablets of ibuprofen. She threw up 13 while we were talking.

Though, it was still 3200 mg in one dose. She has an array of health problems...

_____

I feel so helpless, you know? Maybe it's just the lack of medication talking. I don't feel like I can really save anyone. Like everything I touch either doesn't change or grows legs and runs away.

I walked into the lunchroom at my HS. Nobody was sitting at my table, but as I touched my seat and blinked, everyone zapped into existence. I was so freaked out I walked to the bathroom and cried.

My head space has also been strange. I've been talking with a girl for a while now, trying to figure her out and all. Everytime I saw her, I saw a library. It's hard to describe.

_____

I have been drug free for almost two weeks. Even then, it's only opiates and a benzo or two (I'm scared of benzo addiction, so I hardly fuck withem)

____

I need a good, strong, non devastating dose of reality. Not any of the fake ass hormonal shit that goes on in my teenage life.

_____

I apologize if this post seems clumsy. Perhaps all I want is comfort from someone. I just feel so stupidly weird. Man it fucks you up.

Who else?

My friend, 18 years old is still childhood in western society. Put like this. I'm around late 20s, but I can say it like this: advertisers group 18-25 for good reason; around to age 25, you will know what your life is about -- it might not be how you want it, but you will understand what's most important. At age 18, there are so many variables and uncertainties. Man, you don't need medications. One thing you realize about life is everyone has problems. Trust me. EVERYONE. Health, financial, spiritual, family, relationship, career, legal, psychological, whatever; there is nobody on this earth who hasn't experienced tough times. That's how it is. But, as you get older, you realize that you gotta be your own person, no matter what (in my opinion). Do your best. After that, make sure you aren't living a life contrary to who you are. Man, this is one thing that has humbled me. I have trouble acting who I am. But at the end of the day, I been through some traumas -- yet you can't lose sight of what life is about. In a lot of cases it's about starting a family; more importantly, it's about applying yourself toward a purpose you have conviction in... It's normal to feel terrified at age 18 in western society; I've been through it. Identity crisis. Keeping up with what others are doing. Not knowing what's right and what's wrong. What you should be doing. By 25 you have responsibilities -- nobody cares what you feel inside. It's responsibilities and thinking about where you want to go in life. Some people work all week to blow their paycheck on liquor. Some people are womanizing. Some people get married early and have kids. Some people go to school for a long time. Some people start a business. Some people work from the jump and integrate into a 40 year life of working; what can I say -- life is hard, but it's not an identity problem at age 18 that you will care about in a few year.

Long ass paragraph. All I can say is, from late teens to mid 20s you should just be careful because it's the time you can act irrationally and make wrong decisions you will come to regret later. Just be balanced and realize as we get older, we all feel the need to change our ways.

You cannot help someone who refuses to help themselves, you can try, really fucking hard, but if you cant first convince them that something needs to change, you really have 2 options at that point, watch them kill themselves and enjoy the company (if you can) or leave them be and hope that lack of you in their life will motivate them.

My father, 1 liter of burbon a day, diabetic (un-medicated, un-treated), water building up in his limbs, liver failing, refuses to go for medical treatment, refuses to EVEN ATTEMPT to lower alcohol consumption, What can I do? He doesnt want help.

Everyone has a breaking point, mine wasnt even when he renounced my son-ship, said he has no love for me and then threatened that he would slit my throat in my sleep, in detail. After 5+ days of no sleep, sitting by his side durring diabetic sezures and litteral psychosis, he finally convinced his wife at 3am (who is 50 miles away working) to throw me out of her house because I was trying to restrict his alcohol use. What more can I do? What more can you do? If you can think of something in your case, go for it... Im out of ideas in my situation but, my concience is clear. If he croaks, I cant say Im ready for it, but I sure as fuck tried. Right?

Life can be beautiful and life can be absolute shit. Worth the shit? Debatable but, I'm still here. ;)

^

^What you describe has been one of my struggles recently.

I posted in a fit of emotion.
___

To clarify, this post isn't my life story or anything.

You guys have any recommendations on what I should do with my life right now?

What should I seek?

What is there for me to find?

What are/have you doing/done?

^

^What you describe has been one of my struggles recently.

I posted in a fit of emotion.
___

To clarify, this post isn't my life story or anything.

You guys have any recommendations on what I should do with my life right now?

What should I seek?

What is there for me to find?

What are/have you doing/done?

In all honesty that is your journey to find. Mine was the military at 19, saved my life best thing I did. I am not saying you should join the military but you have to find your own way.

In retrospect, as much as my personality type (i guess) likes to go against athority figures, army or maybe even air force would have been a hoot, im 30 years old now, if i knew back then that my psyche was able to go for that type of shit, who knows... Instead i can build you a house or pretty much anything you have a problem that can be mechanicly solved, try me.

I'm serious, give me something.

Because thats my little notch in reality, thats what i know, thats what I AM SURE i am good at, i enjoy and i do well.

I used to be an insecure person, reaching out, seeking out reasurance from the world around me.

To be honest with you, after everything, all you really need is some pot and free time to just not worry about time and think about yourself. Besides, this could all be a dream, don't you think that your self would be priority #1? Cant help anything being a mess...

Oh and most importantly, MUSIC!!!! Fuckin a. Drugs are on the level with music for mind alteration/expansion, nothing else non substance besides maybe religion (i havent felt that one) comes close. Fucking music man, put on some good tunes and vibe. take time to think.. Dont even need the pot, thats more for ego.

_____

_____

____

_____

Who else?

Nixiam - I am sorry I didn't respond sooner. I'm sorry you're going through this but it's very understandable. You're standing at the precipice of the rest of your life - in short order you will be an adult and the decisions you make now will influence the course of your life. Very very stressful times. To be honest, I am a little surprised to read your post as you seem wise beyond your years, but I understand it's much easier to rationally analyze somebody else's situation and not nearly as easy to examine our own.

Personally, I think adolescence was more difficult than being an adult from an emotional stand point. Your life will soon change, but you will have more control. If you create a solid platform for yourself now, you will minimize the amount and kinda of stress you deal with later. You're an intelligent person with some unique experiences that give you a rare insight, use that to your advantage. My biggest advice to you is figure out what kind of life you want and plan how to achieve it. Get a career you are passionate about. In many ways, you have to follow your heart and dreams, and don't settle unless you absolutely have to, and make sure it stays a temporary situation. Don't compromise who you are, meaning don't do stuff you disagree with to be accepted by peers or a lover. Don't pretend you're somebody you aren't - that gets messy quickly and you end up losing yourself.

I think learning some coping mechanisms for stress and anxiety would be helpful. There are breathing techniques that can almost immediately bring your anxiety levels down. Mindfulness and self talk are also very beneficial. Meditation helps as does a healthy diet, exercise, and plenty of sleep. Music can be very therapeutic as can positive movies and literature. I have an old novel I fell in love with years ago - I must have read that book 100's of times. When I'm super stressed I will read my favorite parts before bed, and immerse myself in the story. Sometimes I listen to music, or just go out back and knock the hell out of some balls with my driver.

Another thing that really helps to control stress is to acknowledge and consider the stress. Can you fix it right now, if not, plan and do what you can and keep working on it whenever you can and put it or of your mind when there is nothing you can do to change it. If you have zero control over a stressor teach yourself not to think about it. It takes time to learn how to do this so start slow. If you find yourself worrying, set a timer and let yourself ponder it for ten minutes...no more, no less. After the timer goes off do something that will change your thoughts - early on I found music helpful. Over time decrease the amount of time you let yourself consider it. It sounds silly but it works.

What are your plans for after high school?

Thank you all for responding. Comfort means a lot to me, especially recently.

What are your plans for after high school?

^I'm currently a welding trainee, and after high school I plan on seeking apprenticeship (if not during). Then I would likely put myself through University, aiming to get a bachelor's in science and eventually Pharm School to become a licensed pharmacist. Even if all that never plays out, I'd be content working as a tradesman or a teacher of some sort for a certain amount of time before I switched things up.

But if I can make it to profesisonal pill counter, the rest of my life could be spent how I want it to be. I just want to be well read. Maybe it's because I seek validation from others.

I could just live and breathe all my hobbies.

________

And Moreaux, don't be sorry. I regretted making the thread after I posted, as I usually do when posting in a manic state.

My real issue is being under medicated, on top of several common and major emotional tolls, not to mention insane paranoia from past events. It's left my mind in a pile of pieces.

I've got a date with a new psychiatrist up and coming.

Last edited:
Today was okay, I guess. I boozed a bit when I got home from my initial psychiatric appointment.

I ended up having to talk to a counselor first, so she could record what was "wrong" with me, and then she'd have it on file when I see the actual doctor.

Which I don't see until November the 8th, but I'm on a wait list.

I once had a girlfriend that used to tell me that she thought she had been the most together at 13. I said that I had been the biggest mess from about 13-17 and that I thought that was pretty normal. She said, "Yeah, well I was a mess, too. It was the honesty of that time of life that makes me embarrassed to recognize all that I bury now as an adult." I've thought a lot about this over the years. Childhood has an order imposed on it from outside. Adolescence is the beginning of having to reconcile with a world that only pretends to have order, a free-fall into the messiness of the adult world with all its hypocrisy and superficiality as well as the tantalizing vastness of possibility. With that vastness comes such overwhelming responsibility; for the first time you are taxed with making your own choices and decisions about the direction you want to go rather than having them dictated to you by your parents, school etc. I think what my friend meant was that her eyes were wide open to all of this. In that sense, I agree with her that it is a very honorable, if scary, time of life. So maybe the lost and confused feelings are magnificent?;) My favorite adults are those that embrace the confusion of being in themselves and in others. It's not as easy as it seems. We all want order, we want conformity (while insisting we don't) because it takes a lot more work to navigate a world where reference points are always shifting as opposed to one where they stay put. I guess this is why I like to travel. I hope that you get to travel in your life. You have the perfect mind for it.