• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Classroom memories of JUST SAY NO and D.A.R.E.

McGruff had some cartoon episodes iirc. I watched one over and over. It was on vhs.

I’d say it’s evidence we can use to shame the anti drug culture. The elitists alike.

If anything, cigarettes and alcohol are the true Gateway Drugs.
Definitely in my case.

I never smoked, drank, or used drugs because of "peer pressure." All that I sought out on my own.

I was stealing cigarettes and smoking them by myself at age 8 or 9 because I liked the buzz they gave me.

My first real drink was at age 12, again by myself. Stole some my step-dad's gin. Hated the taste, but LOVED the effect.

Around the same time I was huffing gasoline and spray paint because I didn't know where to get weed.

I went to Christian school so we pretended drugs didn't exist until we found them on the street. Both our schools and parents

Nobody had told us a damn thing about them so our friends that had just started doing them were the ones that educated us on drugs.

Similar results for sex education in the Christian world too.

Last edited:
i was tripping so hard one afternoon in High School off(on , off?) LSD, i lifted my hand off the desk and there was a sweat print that turned into an alien like creature, i watched it slide off and scuttle off in a darting blur
Oh No Omg GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Last edited:
God D.A.R.E. was a joke.

I also took "C.O.P.E." even before DARE in 4th grade. Not sure if anyone else took that.

But you know what always annoys me? Not sure if it's this way in all states in the U.S. let alone other countries, but I live in NY, and EVERY SINGLE TOWN I enter when driving has a DARE sign next the sign for when you are entering that town, you know, just to let you know that everyone who lives in that town is totally down with the message that any and all drugs are evil...unless they are prescribed...or alcohol...or caffeine...or tobacco...or weed maybe now if it's a legal state but not before? or well.....you get the point!! LOL

I wonder how much tax payer money it cost to put up all those signs.

I also get annoyed as shit that their motto is "DARE to resist drugs AND VIOLENCE", like as if the 2 always go hand in hand you know?

Biggest thing that makes drug use and purchases "violent" is usually their being illegal, with the exception of alcohol which is a factor in more violence than any illegal drug, yet still, it should stay legal.

But like, yeah, after smoking weed or taking shrooms or kratom or any number of other substances, being violent is just about the last thing on most people's minds.

Last edited:
God D.A.R.E. was a joke.

I also took "C.O.P.E." even before DARE in 4th grade. Not sure if anyone else took that.

But you know what always annoys me? Not sure if it's this way in all states in the U.S. let alone other countries, but I live in NY, and EVERY SINGLE TOWN I enter when driving has a DARE sign next the sign for when you are entering that town, you know, just to let you know that everyone who lives in that town is totally down with the message that any and all drugs are evil...unless they are prescribed...or alcohol...or caffeine...or tobacco...or weed maybe now if it's a legal state but not before? or well.....you get the point!! LOL

I wonder how much tax payer money it cost to put up all those signs.

I also get annoyed as shit that their motto is "DARE to resist drugs AND VIOLENCE", like as if the 2 always go hand in hand you know?

Biggest thing that makes drug use and purchases "violent" is usually their being illegal, with the exception of alcohol which is a factor in more violence than any illegal drug, yet still, it should stay legal.

But like, yeah, after smoking weed or taking shrooms or kratom or any number of other substances, being violent is just about the last thing on most people's minds.
I agree that drugs and violence usually don't go together. It's the monetary aspect of drug sales that usually trigger one to get aggressive.
Non-violent offenders still get locked up. And that's just because of a war of personal freedom.