• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Cigarrette smoke and its effect on xanax... how long to wait after last cigarette?

no wonder i ate 10 footballs that night ;);)
Well I've taken 3 bars in about a 3 hour span, when 1 used to usually knock me out, and have very little reaction to them. I'm trying to decide if it's my tolerance, the nicotine from the Vape or if they were bad or fake ones to begin with. I'm experiencing a very traumatic situation right now and desperately needed them to work, hence my questions on the subject. I've even avoided eating (not that I have an appetite with my situation) and I'm still not getting the results that I need. So, I still sit here confused and anxiety still peaked :-/

What is in the vape juice, tricomb that affects benzos?

Pretty sure it's the nicotine. The effects of tobacco on benzodiazepine use are much more clearly evident in my experience with actual cigarettes, leading me to believe that there's more than just nicotine that kills my benzodiazepines. I definitely think there's stuff in the smoke from cigarettes that effects benzos more than nicotine alone, but it sure feels like even with vaping pure nicotine, that it has an effect on my "baseline benzo status".

I am not too familiar with e-cigs or vapes. Do they contain more nicotine than a cigarette? Perhaps it is just the stimulating effect of that diminishes benzos. Ive seen words to that effect in some studies but they are rather old and from personal experience, once you hit a certain level of nicotine use, its stimulating action disappears.

I know the studies and everything...but I never notice a difference. I take them for anxiety/recreation too, and either one I just don't notice THAT big of a difference, I mean 50%??? I would notice taking a 2mg of xanax or klonopin valium ect and the effects being half as much....

FYI in case anyone is interested:

PA165111375.png

I am not too familiar with e-cigs or vapes. Do they contain more nicotine than a cigarette? Perhaps it is just the stimulating effect of that diminishes benzos. Ive seen words to that effect in some studies but they are rather old and from personal experience, once you hit a certain level of nicotine use, its stimulating action disappears.
It depends on the Vape juice or e-cig. The shop that I buy my juice from sell all of their flavored juices with your choice of varied amounts of nicotine. When I began vaping over a year ago, it was with the intent to quit smoking, so since I was a 1-1 1/2 pack a day smoker at the time I always bought the highest nicotine formula they offered, which is 24 mg/ml. I also have some others that I usually mix in because it has a better flavor and they have only 1.6%-1.8% nicotine. Since I mix them, the nicotine level of my Vapes (I have several - variety of flavors) I guess my nicotine levels are somewhere in between!!!

Actually the vape question is a good one, because it is not the nicotine that causes this effect it is actually polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) and other tar-like compounds in tobacco smoke that increase the activity of liver enzymes thus decreasing the effectiveness of many benzos. For example: (dip, chew, snus, gum, patches, etc...) do not have any kind of effect on benzos. So the question remains do e-cigs produce PAHs? And if they do at what level?

I would imagine the higher the temp at which the e-juice burns the higher the likelihood that it would produce PAHs. I would imagine drip tanks with mechanical mods or box mods set to 100+ watts would have a higher likelihood of doing this than say someone using a subtank or atlantis on a sub-ohm setup.

Not a whole lot of studies have been done on e-cigs so I do not know if they emit PAHs or not. If they do, it will effect it. If not then you are good to go.

edit: actually I just found this http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/122-a244/

E-cigarettes may also expose bystanders to emissions, although research in this area is only just beginning. One team of researchers observed increased indoor air levels—albeit less than those associated with tobacco cigarettes—of coarse particulate matter, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, and aluminum following indoor vaping sessions lasting two hours each.

So, I guess it is possible but the studies do not mention the specifics, AKA: wattage, juice used, temp, coil setup, etc.

Last edited:
This is very interesting. I vape, but mainly to curb my anxiety. However, I also take Xanax, and I enjoy vaping when the mild affects of my low dose Xanax kicks in. Am I doing the wrong thing?

wrong? no. Optimally/Most Efficiently? maybe not. Doesn't make it wrong though.

just stop smoking cigs, i quit cigs they just a waste of money and good health barely do anything, down with the death sticks!

kinda hypocritical though cause ima be vaping 03mg e-liquid. but 03mg is barely anything and its vaping so a whole lot healthier than a cig, plus i dont vape that often.

Can we get a brief explanation of that diagram please Fig?

Actually the vape question is a good one, because it is not the nicotine that causes this effect it is actually polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) and other tar-like compounds in tobacco smoke that increase the activity of liver enzymes thus decreasing the effectiveness of many benzos. For example: (dip, chew, snus, gum, patches, etc...) do not have any kind of effect on benzos. So the question remains do e-cigs produce PAHs? And if they do at what level?

I would imagine the higher the temp at which the e-juice burns the higher the likelihood that it would produce PAHs. I would imagine drip tanks with mechanical mods or box mods set to 100+ watts would have a higher likelihood of doing this than say someone using a subtank or atlantis on a sub-ohm setup.

Not a whole lot of studies have been done on e-cigs so I do not know if they emit PAHs or not. If they do, it will effect it. If not then you are good to go.

edit: actually I just found this http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/122-a244/

So, I guess it is possible but the studies do not mention the specifics, AKA: wattage, juice used, temp, coil setup, etc.

You apparently know way more than I do about Vaping!! The fanciest I have is an itaste SVD and I don't set it on very high because my coils don't last long when I do!! I'm just going to continue vaping as I always have and avoid cigarettes when I need to take a benzo. While we are on the subject, have you tried the drip tanks? Are they any better or basically only for cloud chasing?

Can we get a brief explanation of that diagram please Fig?

It shows the pathways different benzos take and through which cytochrome proteins they catalyze. Such as the enzymes that are inhibited by things like grapefruit juice or Zantac, etc, leading to increased concentrations of the drug. Those same are also the enzymes that are excited by smoking, leading to a faster elimination of certain benzos.

Last edited: