• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Chromium,Naproxen,Magnesium,Alpha Lipoic acid and strange Pains they cause?

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
first i made this topic only about chromium but after i found my condition is a neuropathic pain,i decided to add all medications that cause me intense pains compared to low doses of them.
Chromium and Naproxen = Intense Heart Pain
Magnesium and Alpha Lipoic Acid(ALA) = Tedious Headache
it is obvious to me that i am sensitive to some compounds but the cause and mechanism is unknown to me yet.
if anyone knows something about their ability to cause pain,please write here.

chromium is a supplement.when i take chrom even a single tiny bit like a lick of the tip of the tongue,i get sharp heart pain.i searched in google nothing found.
i want to know if anyone had this kind of reaction and if there is any solution for preventing heart pain?
i guess i have heart sensitivity .
edit:
i used chromium recently and had no problem(2023-10-26)

Old edit:
i found the reason,its called precordial catch syndrome
its a non dangerous illness which is mostly caused by anxiety and it looks like dangerous heart pains,but its not serious although i think it can go dangerous if it last very long because it makes stress on body if you don't know what it is.and my doctors didn't tell me what it is,they just said we don't see any actual problem so its a nervous problem,i'm not sure if they knew what exactly my illness is,but if they have told me what it is exactly,i could have experience much less suffering.informing anxious patients is very important for calming their anxiety and i am ashamed of doctors who don't know their job and cause prolonged problems for their patients such as me.
i have this kind of pain once in a while but still i am not sure about chromium because it is a little different , chrom makes much more pain in ratio to dose.
my body reacts to Naproxen same as chromium and i am not sure what is the problem with these.

related topic:

Last edited:
a new idea came to my mind,it is possible that these sensitivities of my heart is happening because of long time opioid usage.it is said on the scientific studies that opioids can make inflammation on receptors.
so i may be able to relieve my heart pain by putting opioids away for awhile.

i decided to continue my routine opioid habit, plus i take chromium once a day randomly to find if the pain gets better somehow on some combination.

If something causes heart pain logical step is to stop using it and not to try to remove pain by opiods.
thankyou but i found the reason,its called precordial catch syndrome
its a non dangerous illness which is mostly caused by anxiety and it looks like dangerous heart pains,but its not serious although i think it can go dangerous if it last very long because it makes stress on body if you don't know what it is.and my doctors didn't tell me what it is,they just said we don't see any actual problem so its a nervous problem,i'm not sure if they knew what exactly my illness is,but if they have told me what it is exactly,i could have experience much less suffering.informing anxious patients is very important for calming their anxiety and i am ashamed of doctors who don't know their job and cause prolonged problems for their patients such as me.
---------------------------------------------------------
i have this kind of pain once in a while but still i am not sure about chromium because it is a little different , chrom makes much more pain in ratio to dose.
my body reacts to Naproxen same as chromium and i am not sure what is the problem with these.

Last edited:
Well if chromium increases pain than it isn’t likely that it’s caused only by anxiety. But even if it is, why continue to use it.

If heart pain continues it’s best for you to get proper check up and not to rely on self-diagnose or even on doctor who maybe carelessly dismissed your pain as having psychological cause.

It’s not unheard that people get that kind or other kinds of pain from anxiety, as it’s not unheard to get heart pain from jealousy but if supplement/drug/certain food/whatever increases that it’s better not to ignore it as just from anxiety or whatever.

Well if chromium increases pain than it isn’t likely that it’s caused only by anxiety. But even if it is, why continue to use it.

If heart pain continues it’s best for you to get proper check up and not to rely on self-diagnose or even on doctor who maybe carelessly dismissed your pain as having psychological cause.

It’s not unheard that people get that kind or other kinds of pain from anxiety, as it’s not unheard to get heart pain from jealousy but if supplement/drug/certain food/whatever increases that it’s better not to ignore it as just from anxiety or whatever.
yeah i understand what you say but chromium is a good candidate for lowering tolerance for my opioid project.and all these other medications i added to the topic all are used in my project.but because of the pain i had to put them away.
and i have talked to a lot of doctors,it seems it hasn't discovered scientifically yet.
i am going to use gabapentin maybe it helps treating it.i have used it a lot before but it gives me derealization which is a great pain in the neck for my psychological side.

Wouldn’t say it’s a good candidate if it causes heart-pain. It’s better to use higher dose of something relatively non-toxic as oxycodone to achieve wanted effects than to do so by some combo that might be dangerous/toxic. Ofc I understand sometimes higher dose isn’t an option, when that’s the case safest and best way to reduce tolerance is tolerance break. Doesn’t even have to be 100% sobriety but just lower dose for some time.