• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Christianity

I dunno, most people have predatory qualities. I don't 'like' it, but I think its probably how we came to dominate.

I admire cats for their weird aggressive natures. Even when they seek pleasure or are relaxed their claws will come out.

some scholars have tried to link the biblical narratives to medical science. The Rh-negative bloodline often comes up in these discussions. I can't make sense of this stuff but am also interested. The internet is full of claims that have appropriated narratives originating from nazi, alien, biblical and other creation mythologies with sprinkles of medical science to create bizarre stories. I can't make sense of this stuff honestly. Maybe someone out there really knows this stuff and can recommend some good reading. Cavalli-Sforza from Stanford made some interesting anthropological observations about the basque people in Spain and historical migration patterns throughout Europe.

http://www.aranzadi.eus/fileadmin/docs/Munibe/1988129137.pdf

That's based on solid science. Then there are more difficult claims to substantiate that suggest Rh-negative blood is associated with the tribe of Cain. I'm skeptical and don't know enough to say. They often use work by Cavalli-Sforza to substantiate their claims. Maybe someone out there knows more. Someone I know talks about this stuff a lot, but they lose me with some of the claims they make about the topic.

There wouldn't be any official science that gets behind that. What I meant was there is a real physical reason, like better genes.

You can definitely divide humankind into predators and prey. The strongest and the weakest are like two different animals. Maybe those of us who are the meekest are more of the pure human type.

But I kind of like that predatory trait, too. I adore cats, and they wouldn't be the same without that very fierce side to them. It's exciting.

That's the old question of nature vs. nurture isn't it? As I see it this could just as likely be about learned behaviour. Also I think it is kind of arbitrary to call the meekest the pure human types, couldn't it be the other way around also? The phrase "all too human" comes to mind.

I totally agree about cats! :)

Cats are the kings of the animal kingdom. Almost too resourceful for their own good.

I am a Oneness Pentacostal (Apostolic.)

I grew up catholic and rejected it, spent years on dust and acid dabbling in Eastern religion which did nothing for me. Spent over 10 years swimming in a sea of sin destroying everything in my path.

A couple years ago I returned to Christianity because it's the white man's religion (every race is involved in Christianity me and my brother are the only white people at my church, I'm just looking at the last millennium there weren't many white Hindus Muslims etc...)

Anyway what I'm trying to say is I got back into it for superficial reasons but I stayed praying reading the Bible etc.

About 9 months ago I started looking for a church. They were either too boring and I fell asleep or they preached some watered down pussy whipped "wife that ho refugees welcome" nonsense.

6 months ago I decided I'd had enough PCP and painkillers for one lifetime hit detox. Got out met my sponsor he took me to his church.

This church is the best I've been to, high energy services funky gospel music dance the whole time preacher yelling stomping people speaking languages I've never heard it's just a crazy atmosphere. I go every Friday and have a spiritual experience.

Anyway I relapsed a couple months ago. After tasting recovery I've never felt so guilty and depressed and all the coke dope and dust couldn't fill the hole in my heart.

I went to detox and have since become a fanatic for Jesus. The only way I can stomp out the enemy and destroy the devils trickery is to kneel before God. I keep Jesus in my mind always and when I get cravings or criminal thoughts I beg him for help.

I go to Church activities as much as possible stick with my brothers submit to God read the Bible and pray. I also fast once a week.

The devil wanted me to die in sin this last relapse. I am not looking to be gnashing teeth for eternity, and I know if my life is about anything other than my relationship with God I will be deceived by the king of lies.

I believe in the power of prayer. And also in the importance and need to "get right with the Lord", which is a complex matter with many steps, but has started happening for me lately, or I've been drawn to it.

I don't think in terms of sin, but rather accountability for your actions and divine laws there are consequences for transgressing (although it's kind of the same thing).

Could be. Just to go a little off topic brother it's not that I hate christianity. What I hate is it being imo usurped by evil men with content to control others. Actually I have a pretty good feeling about certain of the early Gnostic christian belief which was based in the beliefs of the early Essenes if I remember correctly. I certainly don't think Jesus would be happy about what has happened to his work for the most part.

just to be clear here, Gnosticism is in direct opposition to Christianity. Its a luciferian doctrine, from a Biblical perspective.

Tokezu, ill get with you later. but yes, lots of literal-ness. youd have to be more specific with which parts, but I don't view everything as an allegory. most contradictions that people perceive are derived from a lack of understanding about the old covenant and the new covenant. IMO there are no contradictions and no hypocrisy mostly a lack of understanding. There are also no unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible (some haven't taken place yet) and plenty of folks that have set out to 'disprove' the Bible, have ended up Christians as a result. Its a pretty complex book with a simple message.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-119117/TS-1117290.mp3

This was a great theological discussion from Dave.

All the good stuff. "God like drama", the underworld, Persephone, the anti-christ, bloodlines, clueless Christians, satanists pretending to be Christians. He really knows his stuff, even though it's extremely unorthodox.

Last edited:
just to be clear here, Gnosticism is in direct opposition to Christianity. Its a luciferian doctrine, from a Biblical perspective.

Tokezu, ill get with you later. but yes, lots of literal-ness. youd have to be more specific with which parts, but I don't view everything as an allegory. most contradictions that people perceive are derived from a lack of understanding about the old covenant and the new covenant. IMO there are no contradictions and no hypocrisy mostly a lack of understanding. There are also no unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible (some haven't taken place yet) and plenty of folks that have set out to 'disprove' the Bible, have ended up Christians as a result. Its a pretty complex book with a simple message.

I think the differing creation stories we are offered right at the start are a pretty good example. While in the first one, God (Elohim) creates in a rather abstract way, through his 'word', in the second one God (this time under the name JHWH, differing names even... interesting huh?) is seen as more of a craftsman, making some kind of statues from earth and then breathing life into them. In the first one there is a clear emphasis on a hierarchical order, man is the pinnacle of creation and everything is given to him to rule over it. The second one places less emphasis on the order in which things occured (but apparently man comes first) and man is not so much a ruler, but a caretaker of nature.

This is starting to make a little more sense when you look at this with the question of "Who is writing what at which time?" The first creation story is thought to be part of the priestly tradition, which has probably originated at the time of the babylonian exile where they were witnessing a complex hierarchical society, a ruler who rules with words (codified law) etc., while the second one is thought to be part of the jahwistic tradition which is a fair bit older and much more influenced by the lifestyle of peasants and nomadic pastoralists.

But the real interesting thing here, I think, is that the redactors of the Torah put these two traditions right next to each other, without editing it into one nice coherent story. Why? Didn't they want to make up their mind at the first draft, thinking "Well, we'll come to these inconsistencies later." and then forgot all about it? I find that hard to believe. I think it is much more plausible, that they were well aware how much the context in which people were living influenced their image of God and the creation and because of that they left a pretty obvious hint that all stories that humans tell about God are at best a close approximation and should not be confused with any kind of objective truth.

But if you prefer to believe in the divine inspiration of the biblical text, I understand that this interpretation wouldn't make sense to you. But then... why would God leave us these weird riddles in the text? That sounds a bit like people claiming God put dinosaur fossils in the ground with the intent to confuse us about the age of the earth. Sounds a little contrived to me tbh. But please understand that I'm not trying to make fun of your beliefs. If those beliefs make you happy and aren't used as an excuse to hurt other people that is fine by me. :)

Edit:
Not to be too snarky, but I think "hasn't taken place yet" is pretty much the definition of an unfulfilled prophecy. ;)

Last edited:
^ nice Tokezu, I think a lot of people don't look close enough at authorship and circumstance for historical texts. Often they had to write in hidden meaning as their life might be the price of literary truth.

I'm kinda with Jammin' when it comes to prophecy though. Any old text that had some random prophecy that was not fulfilled was assumed not of God and those texts were not included in the bible. Currently the world is working it's way through revelation, it is challenging to even understand most of it but revelation 12:1-2 is a pretty specific prophecy that should take place September 23 2017.

The "sign in the heavens" is a repeating stellar configuration that occurs every 5777 years. Biblically it was the sign the earth was created under so a lot of the religious community assume it will mark the return of Christ or some other massive moment in christianity. Some of the more excitable Christians have already started making claims because of the allegorical nature of the prophecy. While I do stake my faith in Christ, there is no reason to get stupid. Usually assumptions just turn out making you look like a nut case.

The interesting part about this prophetic sign is that you can either use a digital star chart or stare directly into the sun as it takes place with the sun at the centre of the sign, you can't see it but this generation knows it's there thanks to a digital world we just created in time to notice. That part alone says we were a lot smarter once then we thought we were.

Two words pretty much sum the situation up: Judeo Christianity? An oxymoronic amalgamaton?

I prefer abrahamic myself. Makes more sense and is less contradictory than judeo-christian.

My christianity has a lot less Judeo than most. IMO, Christ was born Jewish and by his life and death, did away with the law entirely. I realize many Christians flip in and out of old testament law when it fits their world view but it isn't part of Christianity, IMO.

It didn't make Jesus popular when he said he had come "not to abolish the law but to fulfill it." The writers of the New testament had a difficult time fitting some of the radical things Jesus said into a format they could package into the Christian Church. Jesus's views on money were strongly opposed to it even existing at all. The old testament policy of collecting tithe (10% of "your increase") should also have been fulfilled, the church Jesus was starting shouldn't have been founded in money at all.

If we (when we) eliminate money from religion, it has meaning. The world Jesus spoke of, " The Kingdom of God", was always a world without money. The real "oxymoronic" problem is when christianity connects itself with money or tries to profit off the gospel by kicking in the old testament laws when needed.

In truth a church that is being beneficial to its community seems to rarely ask for funds regardless of denomination or religion. Successful churches are always about people and community first, religion takes a back seat.

Lol... I know, a totally off topic rant but my meds kicked in.

I don't think Jesus was talking about us creating a perfect world. I think he was talking about reaching a state of conscousness/liberation and that what he said was only meant for those interested in that and not to be imposed upon the average person. As we can see this just doesn't work.