• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Christianity

Are you trying to provoke conversation here? Can you clarify what you'd like to discuss? In order to keep this open we need to flesh it out a bit.

But yeah, welcome. :) To answer your question, no I am not, but I resonate with what Jesus says in the New Testament. I think that if Jesus was real (and I think he probably was), he was a great man, someone to look up to. But I don't think he was more than any other human, just a really great person who had a powerful message for the world. I don't believe Jesus wanted to be worshipped and I think he'd be horrified at the state of the religion made in his name.

Welcome :)

No I'm not Christian, but I enjoy a good Biblical discussion.

I think he wanted to show us how to worship God, or the great Christ figure who's God's representative to humanity. I don't think the Jesus who was of flesh and blood was meant to be worshipped.

I never pray to Jesus. I just pray to the Christ principle if I don't pray to God. Although I did have some comforting conversations with him when I was in acute benzo withdrawal, which I don't know if was imaginary or not. Just in that desperate state I didn't know who else to turn to.

Now C_t, play nice ;)

I'm not Christian. Was raised Catholic but have rejected most of it.

But OP, something I've struggled with is defining what Christianity is. If you were to summarise the ethos in short, what is it? I think it is concerned largely with how you treat others. And I can get behind that.

Also, why do most Christian sects still refer to the Old Testament? That's Christianity's biggest error IMO.

Okay, I don't claim to know everything about religion but this is what I been able to gather in my life. I'm not Christian, but I am friends with them. I listen to what they have to say before forming my own opinions, and what they have to say is just too absurd. The claim that the world was made in 6000 years and in the beginning there was Adam and Eve who sinned making us mortal and a flood that killed everybody except Noah. When confronted with this absurd claim, they say that that part of the Bible are just parables and not meant to be taken to be literal. Well, they just can't make up their minds which parts are true and which aren't. I think all of it is bullshit. Essentially, what it comes down to is that a couple of disciples saw Jesus resurrect, so it comes down to eyewitness testimony. There is nothing that Jesus writes himself. In order for Christianity to be correct, three conditions have to be met: 1) Jesus must have been a real person. 2) Jesus must be who he says he is. 3) Jesus must have actually resurrected. All three of these conditions have to be met. Christians have not provided any empirical evidence to prove any of these. They assume that all three conditions are true and therefore we must follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. Not so. Don't jump the gun. If all three conditions can be proven, then I will have already bow down and claim Jesus as my savior. Until then, I am still looking for the answer.

I think what the fall was about was that we used to live in the ethers and due to our way of life the ethers fell and we became mortal/material beings. To sum up a long story short.

i am. people are pretty cool about it here. not a lot of posters in this forum, not too many trolls. we disagree lol, but its all good.

people gonna find out one day we aint playin about who God is.

and deadendgame, i believe the flood was real. not an allegory. the world was wicked and was actively pursuing sorcery and the occult which the big man isn't into at all. some things are supposed to remain hidden. according to the book of enoch, which is unreliable to some and not part of the Bible, the worlds gene pool had been corrupted, aka 'unclean'. this came into existence by angels taking human form and mating with humans and beasts (shortly thereafter to become 'fallen angels'). It became necessary to destroy the earth to rid the world of the bloodline of caine and the demonically influenced gene pool. some people to this day consider themselves of Canaanite blood, and allegedly attempt to rule the world, with varying degrees of success. the flood accounts for a lot of the changes that the world has seen, such as the grand canyon, rapidly changing environments that would have taken eons, possibly the forming of continents from pangea, etc.

plenty of christians think the world is more than 6000 years old. there are many disagreements.

i know many non believers consider the bible allegory, but i take a more literal approach these days. call me crazy. im ok with that.

^You're crazy! Just kidding... kind of ;). I suppose you don't take it all literally do you? I seem to remember some passages that clearly contradicted each other.

I'm not a christian. While there is certainly some merit to some of the stuff that is attributed to Jesus, overall there is just too much terrible ideas mixed up with it. For example the idea of original sin, I mean our western democracies are far from perfect when it comes to our judicial systems, but at least we acknowledge that children are not to be punished for their parents deeds. I don't think that is a particular high standard, but the christian god apparently can't even keep up with that.

I just don't understand why somebody would want to believe, that he is born as a sinner and maybe, MAYBE(!) he will recieve forgiveness even though he really doesn't deserve it. It's not that I think it's not true. How would I know? I just can say that, for me, it seems like a very unhealthy outlook on life. If I were to believe in a personal god, I'd believe in one that gives me a chance to work on my own salvation.

Last edited:
I believe in the bloodline of Cain. Have snapped up a few bits and pieces here and there and it's starting to come together. They are the more predatory types of humans. I have a few of those in my familiy, but I'm not one of those. The rest of humans would be the sheep, to their lion.

They are more intelligent and much more powerful. I think they have a stronger nervous system and can channel more power and their brain works at a higher capacity. I also think they have a stronger connection to their higher, and can channel more of their divine self while on earth, and can have higher abilities related to that like psychic abilities and higher creativity.

So the bloodline is considered "sacred", but there's a scientific basis for it rather than just superstition, and considered to have the right to rule the earth. I think they have been the rulers, as they are more suited for it, while the rest of humanity are seen as dumb sheep. They are put into pop culture. Madonna, Marlon Brando, Elizabeth Taylor, Sean Connery, Cara Delevingne, etc. They have the eye of the tiger, or that predatory look.

They are also considered very sexy, especially to women, as they make betters providers/protectors and carry strong survival genes. It's like a primitive attraction women can't help, but they make bad husbands. Two of my uncles were more of that type and had a great old time in their youth. Loved by women and worshipped almost like celebrities, etc. I think we subconsciously have respect for them and recognise them as our rulers.

Well, that's my take on the line of Cain, while you can believe what you like. :)

Last edited:
I think we're all a mix of "them" and "us", just in varying degrees. There have been lots of inbreeding with the common people through the ages, just some of us have their genes more than others. While the real ruling bloodlines have kept their genes more pure.

I also think they keep close track of these geneologies in the people and let some of the more pure-bred common types into positions of power, although they're not aware of this themselves.

Could be. Just to go a little off topic brother it's not that I hate christianity. What I hate is it being imo usurped by evil men with content to control others. Actually I have a pretty good feeling about certain of the early Gnostic christian belief which was based in the beliefs of the early Essenes if I remember correctly. I certainly don't think Jesus would be happy about what has happened to his work for the most part.

Last edited:
I think Jesus was raised in an Essene community, which formed the basis of his beliefs. I think that and the beliefs of the cathars/bogomils (which Peter Deunov's work was more based on) is the closest thing we have to original Christianity.

People have not interest in enquiring about that, though. They just want to argue against the mass-religion of Christianity. It's like they can't see the trees for the wood, or don't want to.

Last edited:
Yeah modern Christianity has very little to do with the original, or at least that's how it seems to me.

So the bloodline is considered "sacred", but there's a scientific basis for it rather than just superstition.

Curious as to the scientific basis, anything worth reading?

There is definitely a huge strain of dominance in humans, reading a bit about evolutionary psychology has given me food for thought. There's good reasoning behind our aggression and will to power.

There wouldn't be any official science that gets behind that. What I meant was there is a real physical reason, like better genes.

You can definitely divide humankind into predators and prey. The strongest and the weakest are like two different animals. Maybe those of us who are the meekest are more of the pure human type.

But I kind of like that predatory trait, too. I adore cats, and they wouldn't be the same without that very fierce side to them. It's exciting.