View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Choking down cactus snot

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Mescaline is among my favorite drugs, but I can never seem to actually get it all down since my first 2 attempts. I start gagging even just by the smell when cooking it down. The texture is just as bad as the taste. For someone with a weak stomach, is there any way to get it all down without extracting the mescaline (I don't have the money for materials and I'm not in a position where I plan on manufacturing pure substances) or drying it into resin? I've tried teething gel, which normally numbs your tongue so you can't taste anything, but that didn't work, and neither did chewing on ice for 10 minutes before every gulp. Nothing has worked, and also I'm a vegetarian so jello is out of the question for me. Any advice would be appreciated, as I have come to love mescaline on a very deep level and really hate not being able to take it. Mescaline is really calling out to me right now but I simply can't stomach it. Also, are any species of cactus less offensive to the senses than others?

I've never tried mescaline, so the idea that something can be that putrid you can't even knock it back as fast as possible intrigues me haha. I mean I've downed some nasty tasting shit before, usually medicines....but never has it been DIFFICULT to get down...exactly how much goop do you need to get down? More than a cup?

You need to do an A/B extraction on the cactus snot - which isn't easy because trying to work with cactus snot is almost as hard as choking it down.

I remember when I spent about 5 hours preparing my snot and then took one sip, gipped it back into the glass and there was a long trail of snot from my lips to the glass.

Omg, the visuals. Thanks.

Jk, I've seen a lot worse actually. lol

To the OP, seems like it's either extraction, or you've got the sickest connect ever, OR you find a reeeeeaally good chaser. =D

I hold my nose and choke the snot down, then use coca-cola as a chaser.
The acidity of the coke seems to take some of the putrid taste out of the cactus snot.
Clears the pallet somewhat, at least.

If your finished liquid is snotty you are doing it wrong! I find it easier working with dried outer flesh. Just use water and citric acid. Do one cold water citric extract for 24 hours then a hot water citric one for 4 hours then another for two hours. Reduce liquid to mug a dose and decant and filter.

exactly how much goop do you need to get down? More than a cup?
A cup is the lowest amount you can boil a foot's worth of snot down to, but if you want it to be smoother 1 1/2 - 2 cups is optimal.

I remember when I spent about 5 hours preparing my snot and then took one sip, gipped it back into the glass and there was a long trail of snot from my lips to the glass.
I have a horror story. Once, in the middle of a huge gulp, I gagged and it went down the wrong pipe at the same time, so I coughed and it decided to disperse it's self throughout my sinuses. From there, I ran to the sink to flush everything, gagging in pain to the point where my insides felt like they were all coming out, barely keeping from throwing it all up. After that point I haven't been able to put a drop in my mouth.

My god - cactus in your sinus! The horror!

Another time I came up with the idea "I know, lets mix it with something that tastes nice! That's got to work right? So I mixed it in with some lovely yoghurt and - you've guessed it - it tasted like the worst yoghurt you've ever dreamed of.

I suppose it's like putting ketchup on dogshit - is it really going to make it taste any better?

In the past I've heavily diluted it with fruit smoothies ....but it ends up as half a cup of snot to 1 litre of smoothie. Even then the smoothie tastes utterly vile. I generally feel like gagging when cooking the stuff up too, let alone trying to ingest it!. I did consider trying to dry the snot out and sticking the resultant gloop into loads of gel caps, but I never got around to it and haven't used the stuff in years.

Be interested to see if anyone does have a tried and tested method of getting it down though.

I would go with the alcohol extraction for future attempts, or just cook the tea down further

You can cook the juice down into a putty. Just watch it carefully and turn the heat down during the last few minutes. Let it cool until warm and roll it into balls with the aid of a bit of flour to stop it from sticking to your hands. It is virtually impossible to destroy mescaline. I have forgot it on the stove and burned it into charcoal and it still worked (I ended up mixing the charred powder into some chocolate pudding. It was yummy).

You do not have to deal with drinking cactus sludge. No worries.

ive done two of its analogs and would love to try this stuff as well

After extracting the mescaline into a cup, keep another cup of a sugary drink from powder form such as Kool-Aid. Hold your breathe, drink the Kool-Aid and right afterwards without breathing drink the Cactus juice, after a couple of gulps go right back to Kool-Aid, it's just tricking the mind basically. Also I like to suck on a Ring Pop right before all of this to make your mouth very sugary. Do NOT catch a single wiff within drinking the juice or it'll make you want to gag and make you very nauseous.

If working with fresh cactus the snot will eventually boil off, filtering through a old T-shirt works really well as well. Seriously it isn't hard to make cactus tea that is very easy to drink. It may be bitter as fuck but it shouldn't be gloopy

... Mescaline is really calling out to me right now but I simply can't stomach it...

Maybe its calling to you, to test your ability to separate your ego from your senses, and simply appreciate the raw natural power of the phyto-chemicals of its messenger?

Maybe its calling to you, to teach you to silently listen to your body, more deeply, and to learn to disconnect the sensations you perceive in your mouth from the reactions in your gut?

Maybe mescaline's plan for you is greater than you realize, and this is your first step towards becoming a powerful ninja.

Just don't call it cactus "snot". It is disrespectful to the plant.

Yah, the plant isnt communicating to anyone that its here for their specific pleasure and enjoyment. Its just here to send a message to the appropriate sentient that chooses to consume it.

Last edited: