• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Choking: An Opiate-Like Rush?

Hey BlueLighters,

I'd like to talk about the rush experienced from being choked out. No real way to say this delicately so I'll jump right in.

One time, during a sexual assault, I was choked on and off for over half an hour. It was a non-consensual experience that was very scary. At the same time, I did notice something: the sensation of being choked to the point of almost blacking out is really close to the sensation of IV heroin rush. The closest experience I've ever found to it. Has anyone else ever experienced both? Would you agree about the sensation? (I felt confused for awhile about the way I responded since it was a nonconsensual act, but I realized there's no point feeling shame about an automatic response of your body, just like it is possible to orgasm during rape, etc.)

I see an overlap between opiate users and certain "painful pleasures" such as enjoyment of spicy foods, tattoos & piercings, and BDSM. Wanted to bring up the sensation of choking in case this helps anyone and in an effort to dispel shame surrounding the act. Of course, asphyxiation and shooting dope have something in common: don't do it alone!

-From the land of black tar and green chile

First, let me say I'm terribly sorry to hear about your experience.

In regards to your association with heroin, that's likely due to your body's physiological response to the situation, in which endogenous opioids (among others) are released naturally by your body.

Seconded.

Of course, any traumatic experience will release endorphins - that is the body's coping mechanism.

But in the absence of that trauma, opiates give you a high.

But there's a payback. If you don't need opiates, your body will create that trauma for you until you do....

Thanks for the responses, odd topic I realize

Seems logical to me that both endogenous opioids and endorphins will be released during trauma.
However, I feel like the sensation goes a step further...it is a very, very specific sensation.
So my next thought on the subject is: does slamming the soy sauce cause any oxygen deprivation to your extremities?
Because in addition to the general opiate release, I feel like the oxygen deprivation from being choked does a superb imitation of the headrush from the dope hit--the slight numbness, tingling in extremities, next the tunnel vision...

I dunno, feel free to delete this shit if it's awkward as fuck

@F.U.B.A.R. "if you don't need opiates, your body will create that trauma until you do"

What do you mean by this? Is it in the context of people who self-harm/seek pain?

Also, quick question: have there ever been/are there currently any HR threads aimed at sex workers? In my world that's another part of Harm Reduction, but I'm not finding much of a community for that on BL. Just curious is all! I have a soft spot for working girls and keeping them safe as possible while they do they thing :cool: