• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Chlormezanone

Feretile

Bluelighter
Has anyone else had the chance to try chlormezanone? GB 815203

I only got to try a single 400mg tablet but it was quite potent. It reminds me once again that sedative/hypnotics always seem to have an amide and that tertiary amides are the more potent. Chlormezanone binds at the same site as the benzodiazepines and mixed with diazepam (Valium) it was taken as a cocktail called 'Fenavan' or 'Vans' for short. What was interesting was that it didn't seem to matter if it was a 1,4-benzodiazpine or a 1,5-benzodiazpeine (clobazam is the only example that springs to mind.

I do not know who invented this mixture but the sedative effects were far more pronounced although in it's favour, it did not seem to produce the aggression that some benzo cocktails cause. It was most certainly something you took as you sat down to watch a TV film.... so you could wake up as the credits went up the screen.

I did spend a bit of time looking for derivatives but it's low potency meant that it was not a useful target.

It's widely used within China and I do not think their is any legal control....
One Alexander R Surrey (Sterling Drug Company) spent a good decade of his career researching ths class and several
analogues proved to be more active but as usual, as soon as the marketing people found SOMETHING from which
to profit, they marketed it (and 1950s safety trials were not exactly great).

US3093639A
US3155655A
US3244703A
CN104817518A

I freely admit that I have not plowed through every related paper & patent but I am told that several homlogues are much like methaqualone. It's just the luck of the draw. One became a huge hit, the other is a footnote.

BTW I just remembered that the two enantiomers are said to possess quite different properties. The ADME of both are roughly the same but only one is an active anxiolytic. I believe that initially the designers intended to resolve the isomers BUT the only significant advantage was a faster onset and shorter duration - not big advantages for a medicine, possibly an advantage for an RC.

I always like the simple structure of chlormezanone, similar to elb-139. but over here you don’t have the chance to try such obscure compounds.

Edit: what does the 1lambda^6 Denotate in the picture you used?

The only info that I can add is that at least until 1998 it was in the 'Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas', the drug bible for dr's in Holland. So dr's could prescribe it. max 800 mg a day. was the recommended dosage, so not very potent like Methaqualone.

Its not any more. The recommendation, they add them in red, say's the dr's or scientist's were not convinced of its efficiency as muscle relaxant, in 1998. Like Mefanoloxon, another obscure sedative. Both unknown to me.

But both were listed along with Baclofen and Tizanidine, which are still in use.

The side effect's just indicate its a downer with some rare cases of skin rash, Steven-Johnson syndrome and epidermal necrose. It also causes dependence and the recommendation is to prescribe max a few week's which imo means its abuse able. But you took them so I am very curious to the effects. Maybe you can do a shorth description. Comparing it to Benzo's or Qualone's, as these are the only downer's available these day's. These two differ so much Etaqualone was way more euphoric then the most re-creative benzo I ever took. Temazepam. I am guessing its not like GHB, Chlormezanon.

Also combo's with APAP/ Paracetamol can cause liver damage. So it probably taxes the liver to a degree.

Last edited: