Site Feedback Chatroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

420Sebastior

Ex-Bluelighter
You guys should make a little chatroom section, like an ACTUAL chat room, not where you post threads and chat there, but like where you just chat.
With options like private chat so you can invite someone you want to chat to.
And also obviously just the regular chat room where everyone talks.

Who thinks this would be a good idea?

Could you actually put this in consideration, and if you update the website and do that chat thing, if it goes well, why not make it a bit more unique with categories, for example

Chat Lounge (where everyone hangs)
Private Chat
Music
Drugs
Spirituality
Astronomy

Just a suggestion, it'd be pretty cool, well, not cool but good, handy

UTFS

It is called tiny chat. USE THE FINE SEARCH.

Have a great time. If you can.

What's UTFS?
And what's tiny cat and fine search

and what do you mean if you can?

ummm are you fer real?...

tinychat= chat room that you requested
UTFS = might mean Use The Fine Search

If you can might mean if you can.....

I am just taking a stab in the dark so to speak....

This blue word is a link to the thread that has all the tiny chat information.
They usually post what room number they are in. Just click on the last page number of that threat, and read all the posts, and you will most likely find out where they are.

They are the Blue Light Lounge.
Enjoy.

This blue word is a link to the thread that has all the tiny chat information.
They usually post what room number they are in. Just click on the last page number of that threat, and read all the posts, and you will most likely find out where they are.

They are the Blue Light Lounge.
Enjoy.

Thank you

How do you do those link things? i can't figure it out

Thank you

How do you do those link things? i can't figure it out

Well, when I became a Blue Light member in 2008, I read all the information. Bluelight has helpful pages that will teach you how to do eveything we do here.

If you don't feel like spending time reading the information, you can read the posts. Read the boards. Pay attention to what is being said and what is being done.

Reading the information OR spending time on the boards READING, you'll get it but either way takes time. If you don't have the time to learn the ropes around here, you aren't going to last long in this place.

You aren't going to get any tutoring. Except perhaps what I just did, but I'm a tutor by trade so it comes automatically.

ummm are you fer real?...

tinychat= chat room that you requested
UTFS = might mean Use The Fine Search

If you can might mean if you can.....

I am just taking a stab in the dark so to speak....

yeah calm down, i'm fairly new to this website, only been on here for like 10 days

Last edited:
yeah no i have a hard time reading long stuff, focusing issues, no add or adhd, just can't read long stuff, i tend to just drift away in my own thoughts
that's why i'm doing so many things wrong 'cause i have a hard time reading the rules and everything
i'm not using it as an excuse, i'm just saying that's why i don't know much yet, but i'ma read on now

thank you for being nice about it

I'm hardly being nice, but if you really want to get slammed against a wall, go spend some time reacting with the people in the lounge.

To get a link like the one I did above, you highlight (I assume you know you to highlight a word) then you go to the blue globe looking icon up there at the top of your reply box, click on it, and past what ever link you want to go with that word, (which means you have to have already copied a link from where ever so you can paste it in the link box that will appear after you click the blue globe).

You will get into all sorts of trouble with #mod if you don't follow the rules so I highly recommend that you try to read one or two sentences off of the support pages. Bluelight is Bluelight.

Good luck.

yeah i understand, but i'm just saying you ain't been a c*nt to me and you helped, so yeah

I wasnt being a cunt either dude, just spelling it out like you asked...
Aint in my nature to be cuntish...id rather jist shut the fuck up and sit here and laugh.privately..Instead i answered your query, or so i thought...

420Sebastior, the questions you are asking have been asked many times before and the answers are here if you spend a few minutes searching for them. between the faq and the search, we have provided tools to help you help yourself.

the support staff on bluelight are incredibly helpful and very friendly but they are volunteers. they might not always get to a question as swiftly as you might like. when you appear out of nowhere asking questions that have been asked a thousand times, and showing absolutely no interest in helping yourself find the answers, members of the community will undoubtedly get annoyed.

on topic, the idea of chat has been discussed many, many times on bluelight and you would already know the answer to your question if you spent a moment searching you'd fine posts like this:

Bluelight IRC chat?
IRC? Live Chat?

alasdair

hey dude, just poking around here in the support thread while i get a question answered and i noticed how many threads you have started....wow...thats heaps more than i have ever started my whole time here ( 6months)...Have you read anything like you are supposed to?...I dont think so....some of the things you ask mean to me that you didnt get past the first page of rules....and you must always look for your answer in other threads...guaranteed, someone else has asked what you want to know ages ago...Sooo go back for a bit, have a read, learn something...
Everyone is welcome here and im not being rude...Just read the rules dude and you will fit in much better...Thats my 2 cents!!!

I'm usually lurking. You can ask me and I will answer if I'm here. There are #mod all over this place. If under the person's name it says "Bluelight Crew" or "Moderator" they would LOVE to answer your questions. That's what they live for. I'm just a regular Bluelighter. I don't mod shit, I won't mod shit, and I steer clear of certain people here.

You will have to decide for yourself, as time passes, who you are willing to interact with on this board, and who you can totally live without. That is what the ignore feature is for.... so you can rid yourself of the posters you find highly obnoxious.

i know, i understand now, i just started using the search box, i sincerely apologise, i really do
i should have used my brain a bit more, stupid mistake, many stupid mistakes
i'll definitely try and do my best now with searching and all of that

420Sebastior, the questions you are asking have been asked many times before and the answers are here if you spend a few minutes searching for them. between the faq and the search, we have provided tools to help you help yourself.

the support staff on bluelight are incredibly helpful and very friendly but they are volunteers. they might not always get to a question as swiftly as you might like. when you appear out of nowhere asking questions that have been asked a thousand times, and showing absolutely no interest in helping yourself find the answers, members of the community will undoubtedly get annoyed.

on topic, the idea of chat has been discussed many, many times on bluelight and you would already know the answer to your question if you spent a moment searching you'd fine posts like this:

Bluelight IRC chat?
IRC? Live Chat?

alasdair

We were posting at the same time! ANd saying the same thing , only you have said it much better!....

i know, i understand now, i just started using the search box, i sincerely apologise, i really do
i should have used my brain a bit more, stupid mistake, many stupid mistakes
i'll definitely try and do my best now with searching and all of that

Hey you aint the first or the last dude...Your ok, just read a bit...poke around...this site gets major traffic, its hard to be the first to think of something here on B.L!!

Status
Not open for further replies.