• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Change of seasons and sex finally showing

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
Morning all cannibis cultivators and enthusiasts across all over the globe.

With the changing of the season my outdoor plants are finally starting to show sex.

So far there are 7 females and one male (which got pulled about 3 days ago). Anyhow still have roughly 35 other plants im still waiying on.. hope to have a good outdoor harvest this year.. but also always nice seeing some hard or dedicated work paying off.

Also started tp feed my plants some black strap molasses 15ml/1l ratio. Then later on when all of them are bloomong i will add a flowering feed to the plants

Found another male plant this morning. Got 33 more plants to see what they gonna turn into but roughly 12 so far are all looking to be female.

Its also maturity that causes pre-flowers to form. A plant under 18 hours of light will still show sex after 5-6 weeks of age.

Well I have bad news. All my plants got infected or whatever and all are Hermie's now. So I'm gonna grow them till harvest and then make bubble hash and old school oil from it for cooking and so on. Not what I wanted but I will make the best of the situation and get as much out of the plants as I can. Kinda sucks, I planted double the amount of plants then I did last year but all turned out to be Hermie's. So now I will just make the best of a bad situation.

That always sucks, was it a local strain or something bought? If you can just keep plucking nutsacks, don't know how bad it is but it can help if it's just some balls here and there, it still grows good bud usually. And if not yeah good hash (oil) or butter.

I have 3 massive trees. About 2m long and in diameter. So they will yield a lot just sad they will have seedz. Some plants are local from regular seeds and some arw feminized seed of order seeds but they also got infected. So my best bet will be hash or oil or even using them for butane dabs if i have my machine by then
But lets see what happens and hope for the best.

After this harvest im going to try a few auto flowering plants for outside and see how they perform. But for now its a time game. Some of the risks you take with outdoor growing.

Was this your first time carb loading? 15mL/L sounds like a lot to me, it's possible that contributed to the infection by feeding some pathogen in the soil

Was this your first time carb loading? 15mL/L sounds like a lot to me, it's possible that contributed to the infection by feeding some pathogen in the soil
The carb loading that i presume you talking about is the molasses but i have only fed the plant 3x so far. Once a week for the last month.

Though i have to say they had a massive grow sprint the last week or so.

But yes my first time using molasses. Normally it was always just plant food, from veg to bloom plant feed.

I'm not sure about tolerances with outdoor since extra rain would dilute the solution more but I used to just do 1 tsp (5mL) per L, what I'm reading from hydro growers is 1 tbsp per gallon so that's about 15mL per 4L. Have you been able to figure out what caused the infection in the first place?

I'm not sure about tolerances with outdoor since extra rain would dilute the solution more but I used to just do 1 tsp (5mL) per L, what I'm reading from hydro growers is 1 tbsp per gallon so that's about 15mL per 4L. Have you been able to figure out what caused the infection in the first place?
Hey, if you talking about molasses dilution is was 15ml/1l. But not all plants got the same amount of liquid as it depended on pot size or where in the garden it is. But we have been having strange/shitty weather. Think that shocked some plants causing them to hermie. So the weird weather is my only explanation. Cause last year we never had this must rain. And all this rain is also flushing the potplants from the nutes too I think. But I'm buffled in a way. That or I had a few bad seeds and never knew, till it was too late.

But all is not lost. I'm sure I will still get defend hash and oil out them

yeah weather seems to have been pretty odd around the world this year, maybe lots of outdoor growers are getting more hermies than usual.

Pics of my massive plants that are like trees lol

Single plant that is a bit short but with nice colas and bushy

Plant above 3m and 2m in width

My purple plant, about a meter high and the same in width

A plant that bushed out nicely to the side but not a lot of height but still big

Another plant that's about 3m odd and 2m in width

Overall I should have a good yield

Love the pics. lol, bit short, laden with buds though. 😁 Can see some seeds on the purple, but all in all you're gonna have plenty of good stuff to smoke it seems.

Love the pics. lol, bit short, laden with buds though. 😁 Can see some seeds on the purple, but all in all you're gonna have plenty of good stuff to smoke it seems.
Thanks bud, yes bud I know I have a few Hermie's but its still good "skuif" so even if the yield is less it should still knock and the rest of my plants are still in the transforming stage so hopefully they won't get to badly infected. But I did infest in a bubble hash machine, so I will make hash with most of the Hermie's plants.

But I have harvested a 2 plants premature and they did knock me hard. So I'm happy so far.

Well after some gardening I saw that a big branch of my tallest plant snapped by the main stem. It only crack half but the branch is hanging now but still growing like nothing is wrong. Here are some pics

This where it snapped or broke but as you can see it healed or looks like it.

As you can see the branch is still flowering strong it seems

Even the head of the plant is still flourishing..

So guess what I'm asking is, should I cut it off or leave it?

I'd leave it, that stuff will grow on just fine. Needs some tape though in case the next gust of wind or rain tears it off completely.