Censored under the guise of moderation

We can't link it but we could include a quote of it.

It's a good point though that posts can often be deleted not simply because they were offensive or insulting but just because they were off topic and there was no better home for them.

Sometimes new threads are created just to give off topic exchanges a new home to avoid simply deleting them. But obviously that's not going to happen if the exchange is personal bickering.

I haven't seen the exchange so I'm not referring specifically to this incident, I'm just speaking generally.

you're ignorant.
giphy.gif

I do. We should just shoot it.
kind of like watching the news. left right paradigm. start a civil war. go kill each other. . . .
the planets too crowded anyway.
boring.
mentality.

jk.
in a way.

sorry about all of the posts. i hope it all gets worked out. or at least resolved.

😭

So Jess insinuates that I might have Asperger's because she disagrees with my political opinions

I point out that it's an insult.

My post pointing it out was deleted but hers still stays.

I don't agree with insults only going one-way. If I get insulted I should be able to insult back. Sick of this subjective liberal bullshit.

We'll check into it.

FTR, none of your posts have been deleted recently. And for everyone's awareness, Sr. Staff can see deleted posts when necessary.

We'll check into it.

FTR, none of your posts have been deleted recently. And for everyone's awareness, Sr. Staff can see deleted posts when necessary.

Then somethings mistaken. Because JGrimez is right that I did indeed delete his post. Plus another referencing it.

For what it's worth @JGrimez, I thought about deleting my aspergers reference. Not because I thought it qualified as an insult needing deletion, but just out of an excess of fairness.

As I recall what went through my mind was thinking that I should probably remove my post just to be fairer and so you didn't feel like I'd posted something then deleted your reply disapproving of it. Then I saw there was still a big reply to the post prior to the small one I deleted, and I thought that was still 90% of your response preserved. So I didn't end up removing it.

I just deleted the post he was infracted over, in before the next hullabaloo.

I get the feeling they don't want this. They don't want certain opinions around (even if they're true) because it attacks the personal opinions of the mods.

It is extremely annoying and it is subversive. The way they can justify it as well is also extremely hypocritical. They protect their own and go after others.

I bet that you are more or less in alignment with the political beliefs of the moderation team. Surprise surprise.... You probably also deny that there is any bias against non-leftist talking points in media.

Or how about the leftists just refrain from instigating these squabbles in the first place and then go crying for moderation once someone defends themselves or calls them out for their BS. The leftists here are by far the worst for instigating personal attacks (even mods and ex-mods). Jess routinely instigates personal attacks against me and tries to soften them with a disclaimer eg "I'm not attacking you but (insert character assassination and armchair psychological evaluation)"

And what does this have to do with conspiracies?
A "conspiracy" in this day and age is simply a potential hypothesis that a Leftist doesn't like to hear or entertain.

And I just noticed that 6 of my posts were retroactively edited or deleted. Then the mods here have the gall to state that I'm not being censored or receiving unfair treatment. The difference is that I have to go out of my way to report a post, which is against my values (free speech - and my "insults" here are always indirect, creative and relevant). But the moderation team will not wait for any reports of my posts -they will take it upon themselves to edit or delete my posts because my posts criticize their personal political ideology.

Just treat the members and posts here equally (which will never ever happen because that's the opposite of how today's Left operates). Their ideas are so silly and terrible that their only way to win is straight censorship (preceded by personal attacks, ridicule and mischaracterizations).

Dunno what is going on and love all you crazy motherfucker mob so hope u work it out and realise it's really cool to have people with variety and interest in cep to make time to use and contribute to it.

:(

CEP is literally the scourge of this entire website.
There are PC ways to state your political opinions and I see it as a great free speech zone, as long as you can do so tactfully, gracefully and allow room for other opinions and refrain from ad homs and stuff.

I think if we can logically debate out the issues, we may not get to "the answers" but the debate can change/open minds and give people perspective gains that can help make the world a better place.

Do you feel unwelcome posting non-liberal stuff in CEP? I never had a problem. Then again I sympathize heavily w/ the left and most of them really dislike me (or feel sorry for me) for my opinions. But that's their prerogative and I don't need to convert people, just sharing opinions and perspectives, etc.

JG posts in CEP quite a bit and is the most... unlabel-able person I know who will freewheel post any opinion/belief/perspective and it drives me crazy but I appreciate the debate/discussion. Mostly because he's largely respectful of my ideas even if they are VASTLY....WAYYYY different than his.

Politics/current events can be a heated subject in some circles. I know sometimes to keep my opinions to myself for fear of angering/upsetting people.

I think that JG is worthwhile contributor. He's opinionated and not afraid of sharing his views even if they aren't PC and that's something I definitely respect. I don't really understand why people are so shitty to him, but my guess is it's because he isn't on the "right side" of some issues. I think if there wasn't such a double standard in the CEP things would go a lot more smoothly. But I've seen it time and time again where a more right leaning poster is driven off by the leftist majority. I don't think it's very fair to provoke or insult someone and then get them in trouble when they don't just sit there and take it. That's my opinion on the matter anyway.

I think that JG is worthwhile contributor. He's opinionated and not afraid of sharing his views even if they aren't PC and that's something I definitely respect.

It takes some strength to stand consistently in the face of opposition, and that can earn some respect, I would agree.

However, doing so because your mind is closed and you cannot see alternatives, or are unwilling to consider other views, then you are not going to be so respected. Not a statement on JG directly, but general practice for such forums where people hold strong opinions.

I don't really understand why people are so shitty to him, but my guess is it's because he isn't on the "right side" of some issues. I think if there wasn't such a double standard in the CEP things would go a lot more smoothly. But I've seen it time and time again where a more right leaning poster is driven off by the leftist majority. I don't think it's very fair to provoke or insult someone and then get them in trouble when they don't just sit there and take it. That's my opinion on the matter anyway.

You would be wrong on you're guess. If it was because his views weren't wanted or tolerated, they'd be completely removed and you'd see no similar remarks from anyone else. For example, there are certain topics that simply are not discussed on this site. However, he is allowed to continue to post, and others share similar views at times (myself among them).

You are new to staff, and there are several members who have never been on staff. As pointed out earlier in this thread, there is simply a lot that isn't publicly known in terms of staff discussion on when to take action, and what action to take. In that, there is a long history some people participating in CEPS and NOT operating by the forum rules, despite PMs, nudges, edits, outright warnings, and at time suspensions based on repeated insistence on not adhering to the rules. THAT is what many cannot see other than the individual involved, and the staff in private staff discussions.

Consider, this type of thread shows up in STH every year or so. We've left the threads find able in here, rather than deleting them (we have nothing to hide). What you'll find is that it is typically the same persons who consistently have problems with how the forum is moderated over the years, regardless of who is holding staff positions at the time. That brings two possibilities to mind. First, the site simply doesn't tolerate certain posters, and it's not necessarily mods run amok = clearly not true, as those posters continue to be able to post AND complain about it. This is remedied by simply posting elsewhere, a choice everyone has if they feel this is not a comfortable place for them to participate in such discussions. The second possibility is that the MEMBER can't adjust to the rules. This is plausible if the member is addressed repeatedly overtime by different members of staff, especially over a given number of years, and yet the member CONTINUES to suffer the same discipline over and over without changing. How is this remedied? Staff continue to try and correct behavior for the umpteenth time it's been addressed and expect no change yet again? That's what you're seeing.

This isn't to call out JG specifically. If you look at the similar threads in this forum where people complain to staff about how a forum is being managed, do you see the same people consistently feeling targetted? Despite who is moderating the forums? What is true problem here?

FTR, a 'double standard' simply won't be tolerated, and we work for consistency in how mods enforce their rules. We have Sr. Staff oversight on if a mod is operating rogue and can undo any disciplinary actions taken (undo edits, undo deletes, undo warnings, remove suspensions, etc). For a fact, this has been done when such over reach by a staff member has occurred. This isn't seen or known by the public, but it is reality.

You're encouraged to have your opinions, and to share them. But it's best to know the facts rather than make assumptions on partial information.

Hey guys,

This might be a stupid idea and just wishful thinking on my part but would kill a couple issues with one stone, if you're open to this.

I suspect that talking about serious polarizing subjects most of the time on bl with people you have developed an acrimonious relationship with just leads to ill will, bent out of shape emotions and can translate into bans out of sheer frustration.

That is no good for anyone, not staff or members.

I believe most of us are good people intent on enjoying bl and having a place in our community.

OUR community. It's all of ours, there is no difference between staff and non dtaff as staff are bluelighters so should (mostly do) adhere to the same guidelines and have a good sense of comraderie.

If everyone who tends to stick to one or two forums , in particular cep where it's SRS, would spend time getting to know each other as people outside that realm, more socially for a laugh, then they would be able to see more reason to get along despite differences in their beliefs.

Ie the lighter side of life.

Ive seen cep people having a laugh and getting amongst it in tl and hope the regulars in cep come there and joke about farts and toilet paper. Grimez this means you. Maybe a Grimez thread there where we can discuss things grimez style and call it the MONOLITH, that would be fun.

The infractions dealt out that are clearly because of reasons that should not exist here are far more damaging than those that are just a little strict based on content. I can't even clarify that part as I know it'll rustle feathers of someone who is listed as a crap mod despite or gthy self serving absences from his job (except for admin-modding, whatever the hell that is supposed to be).

Feel bad for grimez, he's a good egg, also feel bad for Jess and cduggles as they are carrying a bit of dead weight.

Good luck anyway.

:(

Please report problematic posts using the “Report” function so that staff can attend to them. Thanks!
I'll report CH'S hate speech if you dead set guarantee he faces same as anyone else does, can you guarantee he faces same system as you can't enforce infractions on him can you?

I can't speak for everyone. But I can tell you that I wouldn't have removed the post if I saw it posted by anyone else. For the reasons I already gave in the thread.

You might not believe that. But it's my honest opinion.

at this time I feel it's relevant to post an excerpt form a negativland song:
"and about power, man, nobody is perfect. You know."
"So what is your point?"
"Nobody is perfect. You know."
"So what is your point, Glen?"
"There's, there's, there's two things you don't talk about: one's politics, the other one's religion."
"D'you--"
"The reason you don't talk about 'em is because they combine in each other. You know what I'm saying?"