Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Celebrity drug abuse documentaries, anyone know any? doesn't have to be celebrities

420Sebastior

Ex-Bluelighter
so the question is pretty much in the title.
It could also be a film, but i prefer documentaries
It doesn't HAVE to be celebrities but it'd be great if it was

thanks in advance

It doesn't have to be a documentary, it doesn't have to be about celebrities... What are you looking for?

basically i'm looking for a documentary or a film about a celebrity that has drug problems and it takes you through his or her life and everything.
I heard of My Week With Marilyn Monroe, or i think that's what it's called, but do you guys know if that's a film like that? in that case i've found what i'm looking for. If it isn't like that, is it worth watching?

Well actually, not really, 'cause that's a film, there are these documentaries about jimi hendrix, like they went from his childhood to his death.

That's what i wanna see, it's so interesting

sorry for being so unclear on what i meant, i always keep thinking it's obvious what i mean 'cause i know what i wanna see, so i think it's obvious to the rest, but yes, my apologies

Steve-O: Demise and Rise

Basically it's about Steve-O (from Jackass and Wild Boys) and his addiction to various drugs, the effects that it had on him and his friends (Johnny Knoxville and the other guys in the same shows and movies), and his recovery. They show him using, and they interview his friend who talk about what they witnessed him do while high, and how they went about having an intervention for him, and then how he was in recovery.

sid and nancy

not a documentary but a biographical account of the relationship. it's got gary oldman as sid vicious - awesome, obviously.

alasdair

Steve-O: Demise and Rise

Basically it's about Steve-O (from Jackass and Wild Boys) and his addiction to various drugs, the effects that it had on him and his friends (Johnny Knoxville and the other guys in the same shows and movies), and his recovery. They show him using, and they interview his friend who talk about what they witnessed him do while high, and how they went about having an intervention for him, and then how he was in recovery.

Damn how have I never seen this, I heard about him being all fucked up but I didn't know there was this doc

How could one person do so much nitrous though lol, there was like a sea of empty canisters on his floor.
He didn't even need balloons, he did em straight from the thing which I heard is potentially a lot more dangerous than it already is

Wonder if he's still sober

Don't know if you've ever seen the film The Fighter(Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale) about the early years of pro boxer Mickey Ward and his half brother Dicky Eklund from Lowell, Massachusetts. Eklund was also a boxer back in the day, a good one too but had a serious crack problem and threw his career away.

HBO made a documentary in 1995 following 3 crack addicts for 18 months. Dicky Eklund and 2 other lost addicts. To say its depressingly sad and fucked up is an understatement. A one hour train wreck of a documentary.
High on Crack Street, Lost Lives in Lowell

There's also Cocksucker Blues, a documentary about the Rolling Stones circa 1972. The fim was blocked by the Stones shortly after they viewed it, due to its content in sexual activities and open drugs consumption. But it can be found on Youtube I believe ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068389/

Last edited:
Eklund was also a boxer back in the day, a good one too but had a serious crack problem and threw his career away.

Eklund was good but even if he wasn't addicted to crack he would have never beaten the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran. Just saying. Good documentary though.

Eklund was good but even if he wasn't addicted to crack he would have never beaten the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard or Roberto Duran. Just saying. Good documentary though.

Yes Frederik like many others. Theres no shame in not being able to beat 2 of the top 10 greatest boxers the world has ever seen.

Lots of pride in going the distance with one of them though.

^Of course going the distance with Ray Leonard is a HUGE achievement. I wasn't knocking him on that. Anybody who could last even half of a 10 round fight with the likes of anybody in the BIG FOUR (that is Leonard, Duran, Hagler, and Hearns) deserves respect.

Just saying having seen the whole fight between them and that so called knock down (honestly I think Eklund pushed Leonard and he lost his balance) I'd say Eklund would have always been a stepping stone fighter at best.

Now his brother Micky on the other hand. That guy is a true champion. Fucking chin of steel that one.

I was really surprised that they didn't end up showing his fight with Arturo Gatti in The Fighter. I mean seriously how can you make a biopic about Micky Ward and not show that fight! It was the one failing in that movie IMO.

Yes mate, agreed. He fought Gatti 3 times. After i'd watched The Fighter couple of years ago, that's all i could think of, while everyone else was bangin on about how good it was.

I'm glad they didn't put it in. They wouldn't have done it the justice it deserved had they rushed through the 3 insane brawls. Have that Trilogy DVD here, one of my favourites. Warriors

Yes mate, agreed. He fought Gatti 3 times. After i'd watched The Fighter couple of years ago, that's all i could think of, while everyone else was bangin on about how good it was.

I thought the movie was great I just thought that they should have shown at least their first fight together know what I mean? I mean not knocking Micky here but the title he won in the movie the WBU title wasn't what really made Micky so popular and famous. AND he never he even defended the title.

What sets Micky apart was and continues to be his trilogy with Arturo. And not showing even one fight from that trilogy I think was a mistake. Although I have heard that they plan to make a sequel with those three fights being the focus.

I'm glad they didn't put it in. They wouldn't have done it the justice it deserved had they rushed through the 3 insane brawls. Have that Trilogy DVD here, one of my favourites. Warriors

Qft. Seriously. Glad to meet another boxing fan on here. I find that it is becoming increasingly rare to find true boxing fans anywhere. It is all about MMA these days I guess.

When I first saw the first fight in the trilogy I didn't know anything about Arturo or Micky. The way they used each other like punching bags I literally thought one of them was gonna die from a brain hemorrhage or something lol. Those fights were a throwback to the old school boxers of the 40s and 50s. Rarities they are.

Run Ricky Run. An incredible documentary about Ricky Henderson, a famous running back that got thrown out of the NFL for smoking weed. The documentary is so much more though. He wanted it made for his children and he wanted everyone in his life to be completely honest about everything, brutally honest. He is one of the most interesting athletes I have come across. He has the soul of a Yogi with the body of a running back. I don’t really like sports but I loved this documentary.

I'm still here, depending on who you listen to is either a clever mockumentry or a fly on the wall view of Jacquin Pheonix decent into drug delusion and turning his back on Hollywood to embark on a hip hop career.

He doesn't seem to have done much of either since it was released.