• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

I have some serious work to do on myself.

I will attempt to help you do that work.

Cannabis is all over the place now and cheap. But for 45 years I had to chase the stuff, get screwed, get arrested, watch friends do 3-5 year bids for QP's. It fucked me up and now I am just suppose to shake it off.

Is someone actually telling you to shake it off? "Hey geezer, cannabis is legal now so get over it!" I've never heard anyone utter a sentence like this before. I apologize if you've had to deal with that nonsense, but you shouldn't take it any more seriously than anyone telling you to get over your feelings in any other aspect of life. Jerks are just that.

I watched a few younger people come into the dispensary by my house all entitled and just sometimes rude. They do not realize how easy they have it now. They did not have to go through years of paranoia and looking over your shoulder.

Do you have evidence for this claim? I'm 32 and I've been arrested for cannabis three times, once within the last ten years. Until about a month ago, I still lived somewhere where the laws had not changed since any of those arrests. I've had friends and friendly dealers get arrested before, some of them having to flee the state permanently or face hard time because they had more than an eighth of concentrate. My dad lost his college professor job because of being stopped with a small amount of cannabis at a border check.

You know who literally complained to his single source of cannabis in a still-illegal state that the dank he was getting wasn't worth the money he was paying for it? My dad. I was just happy to have something to smoke. That was probably less than five years ago.

The amount of energy I used for years trying to score could probably power a city. All the BS and nonesense I went through. Now a person can go to a 7/11 or convenient store (at least for D8)

I know, isn't it fantastic?

But between mail order and stored popping up there is just too much good weed now. I should be happy and I am.

When I moved to the recreational state I'm in now, I was looking forward to cataloguing all my favorite strains I tried and keeping track of what I liked the most. About a month in, I've tested so many different strains at such rapid-fire pace I couldn't even care less what they are anymore. I'm not complaining, mostly.

I understand the term "hollow victory" much better these days. Well thanks a lot society.

But.

Yeah I am irritated. Irritated that a few friends lost a few years of their life because of a stupid law.

Irritation that was already there long before there was ever a legal cannabis dispensary for entitled young people to be rude at, right?

But now it's like nothing ever happened. But it did happen.

Is it like that, though? Or is it like reason finally won out?

As I said my issues my work. I figured maybe typing it would help vent. I want to make sure I vent and not perpetuate, There is a difference.

That's good. I hope you can reach a greater sense of acceptance with it eventually.

For what it's worth, my mom has been smoking cannabis for 55 years and when I told her about your post, she had the exact response I did without hearing my response first.

Also, from your follow-up post:

We got whatever we were given, but now it seems we can complain if the bud is not perfect or what we think it should be.

Yes, that is exactly the way it is. That's how buying a legal product in the free market system works. Don't tell me I can't complain about getting my money's worth for something I voluntarily bought legally at the store just because you used to have no choice but to get shitty weed.

I think your goal should be to get to this point.

If it helps, the dispensary is much less of your compassionate, helping friend than even the weirdest, most isolated dealer you ever knew and didn't care to be around. They're a business, and that's it. They'll sell you the crappiest weed they can for the highest price they can. It is entirely within your right to complain if you think that you are being cheated in some way and other customers would appreciate you standing up to selfish marketing tactics too.

You should check out some of the dispensaries where I am. There are tourists traps everywhere, places where buds and edibles cost three times as much as other dispensaries around you and they give kickbacks to rideshare drivers for recommending those dispensaries to unsuspecting visitors just looking to get high legally. Others masquerade as dispensaries but literally only sell CBD products but never specify that there's no THC in it just to make money off of people who don't know what they're doing. Trust me, the war isn't over, you're just fighting capitalism now instead of the law. You better believe I'm going to complain if there's some shady shit going down, my money is very valuable to me and I want it to stretch as far as possible.

Time to go smoke. :reggae:

@JackARoe I know that's a slightly old post too by the way but since it was on the most recent page still (although no longer is) I figured it was fair game. I'm new to this thread.

@JackARoe I know that's a slightly old post too by the way but since it was on the most recent page still (although no longer is) I figured it was fair game. I'm new to this thread.
Awe, everything you typed did actually help. Lately I have been focusing on the positiveness of the whole legalization thing. I still do get hurt to know a few friends lost a year or two for ounces of weed in the 80's. No one should have to go through that. But hey, what do I know of people's karma? (I have to take that expanded look)

All your posts are welcomed Kaleida. (gave you the heart but first fat fingered the angry looking face by accident lol)

I think what triggered that post was I was in my town dispensary about 1/4 mile from my house. Some younger people came in and nothing pleased them. The owner James went out of his way to help and he has top notch bud, gummies, vapes, etc... You name it. So that may have had me shaking my head and thought of someone that had to do time for a little Mexican weed and here some younger guys are complaining at 26% THC..

Shady dispensaries would also get me angered. Luckly the guy in town knows where to get the best bud I've seen. But I never thought of a business taking advantage of people. My oversight. lol Bastards!

yo, i swear to god y'all, there's nothing sweeter than getting off of work on Friday, browsing a few local dispensary menus on your phone, placing an order and going to pick it up. no hassle, no bullshit, no lingering. Just straight up business.

I feel like I'm living in a dream right now.

God bless America.

Awe, everything you typed did actually help. Lately I have been focusing on the positiveness of the whole legalization thing. I still do get hurt to know a few friends lost a year or two for ounces of weed in the 80's. No one should have to go through that. But hey, what do I know of people's karma? (I have to take that expanded look)

All your posts are welcomed Kaleida. (gave you the heart but first fat fingered the angry looking face by accident lol)

I think what triggered that post was I was in my town dispensary about 1/4 mile from my house. Some younger people came in and nothing pleased them. The owner James went out of his way to help and he has top notch bud, gummies, vapes, etc... You name it. So that may have had me shaking my head and thought of someone that had to do time for a little Mexican weed and here some younger guys are complaining at 26% THC..

Shady dispensaries would also get me angered. Luckly the guy in town knows where to get the best bud I've seen. But I never thought of a business taking advantage of people. My oversight. lol Bastards!

I actually can relate to this a lot because I've been on both ends of it. The best thing to do is pay it no mind, because those kids are just talking shit. They're typically trying to look cool, especially if they're with a group of friends. That dude that's walking up solo to the counter looking for 35% flower or better? He just knows what he wants/needs, and if he doesn't find the flower I guarantee you'll watch 'em walk out with a couple of the best carts the shop's got on-hand.

Last edited:
yo, i swear to god y'all, there's nothing sweeter than getting off of work on Friday, browsing a few local dispensary menus on your phone, placing an order and going to pick it up. no hassle, no bullshit, no lingering. Just straight up business.

I feel like I'm living in a dream right now.

God bless America.

It's like a paradise, man. The one I hit up last night has a drive thru window but I don't mind just going inside and shopping, I decided to try some new edibles from my preferred brand. Everything is so delicious and professional too. And accurately dosed.... We've come a looooong way.

I just got here from a state where everything is illegal and I'm in bliss. Right when we first arrived I had an ounce delivered to the house for $100. I made sure to pick something with good reviews and it's still as good as anything else I would have paid the significantly higher normal gram or eighth prices for, and tastes delicious. I've got nothing but good things to say about it.

It's only the beginning too, I can't wait to see where we are another ten years from the start of recreational legalization.

Rec legalization in Canada sucked at first; overpriced, dry, low variety, few stores, almost no pre-rolls (none infused) and no edibles or vapes (those came 12 months after L-day). Fast forward from October, 2018 and every single issue I listed has been addressed. Once USA goes legal nationally and you allow interstate trade/commerce in Cannabis and proper banking you’ll be looking at Canada far behind.

ya know what? The legal weed I’ve had has been far better than the BM I can get locally.

Tom

This seems like one of the better starts to rec laws in a state just starting on a legal path. It's in Minnesota.

💨
Beginning August 1, adults 21 or older may legally possess in public up to two ounces of flower and/or eight grams of concentrate, cultivate for personal use up to four mature plants in a private residence, and store up to two pounds of flower.

This seems like one of the better starts to rec laws in a state just starting on a legal path. It's in Minnesota.

💨
Beginning August 1, adults 21 or older may legally possess in public up to two ounces of flower and/or eight grams of concentrate, cultivate for personal use up to four mature plants in a private residence, and store up to two pounds of flower.
Damn.....I used to be in driving distance of Minnesota and made frequent beer runs from Canada to The Liquor Depot in Minneapolis. Those are good numbers.

In Canada we get 1 oz in public and/or 7g concentrates, cultivate 4 flowers at home. The only difference is we can store an unlimited amount at home. Certain provinces (Manitoba is one) have what I call 'The asshole amendment' where all of your weed that you have on your person in public has to be in the original container as purchased from a legal store. You know....to cut down on that evil single gram dealing. Which is odd because it's completely legal for me to walk up to you and give you an ounce for free, even in front of law enforcement officers. How do they know you haven't pay paled me for that oz of Wedding Cake?

Honestly I was not expecting Minnesota to go legal this year.

Tom

I got some scranton schwaag recently. Here's what our street corner ounces look like.

$120

Last edited:
I got some scranton schwaag recently. Here's what our street corner ounces look like.

$120

Ewww it's so hard and brazen. 😁

Now they will know why it's called the Sticks. :nug2:

Good job though. ;)<3👍

Did you put a roach in there. :cool: I'm teasing with you @ions ! It is too A 'meuw' zing ! ;);)

Did you put a roach in there. :cool: I'm teasing with you @ions ! It is too A 'meuw' zing ! ;);)
I bought it, then thought, nobody would want this.
Then later realized everbody wanted that bag.
I'll sell you an eighth @kiely for $50
joking not joking

Is that roach weed . . . . . I'm kidding I luv it !!!

I gotta go ;););):cool::nug1:

D D D . . . Doh

nwSV1ce.jpg