• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social V. I. Am. Not. Your. Foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Lol get higher newb :p

Actually, I quite understand Net, I'm three days sober from herb myself at the moment. Can't say I feel great, but unlike most, I have no fat to store THC long term (I'm 130lbs at 6'1"), so I'm having real shitty sleep at night and experiencing pretty bad mood swings. Work was hell today :\

I'm sorry to drag this out as I'd much rather just drop it but the way you're ridiculing my advice and suggesting it's harmful is getting too much on my nerves for that.

LEL GET HIGHER? You're insulting me.

You were complaining about a harsh comedown. Those feelings are caused by a rebound effect when you come down. You're not high anymore, you're the opposite of high. Your options for mitigating those feelings are:

- Don't smoke at all
- Prolong your high so that you will be unconscious (asleep) when you do come down. You could also save for just before bed as that has the same end result.

Advocating drug use isn't necessarily harm reduction in all cases, but neither is advocating abstinence from drugs. To clarify, neither are necessary conditions, it depends on the situation.

Easiest ex: if you're dependent on benzos, the withdrawals can kill you. I would advise somebody who started to feel the withdrawals to take more drugs on a tapering schedule.

The same concept applies here. Theoretically if you mediated redosing on the comedown you could mitigate most of the burnt out feeling without getting high again and repeating the cycle, but that could take some trial and error.

Finally, I apologize if I came off as flippant or reckless in my prior advice. I just suggested what I would do in your place and if you've already made the decision to smoke weed in general then I don't see that recommendation as contradicting harm reduction.

How strong do you guys find the plateau of effects intensity to be? Like stronger would mean you need WAY more to get high but weaker would mean there's not much of a plateau.

I find the plateau pretty firm/strong on the mental effects, I haven't really pushed it but let's say it took 2 big hits from my vaporizer to get high initially, if I take 4-6 more hits 20 minutes later I may not feel any higher. It can definitely increase my heart rate and intensify other physical effects but I don't get like paranoid freaking out psychedelic high, I don't feel more sedated or more energized than when I first get high.

I just posted this over in Current Events and Politics but I wanted to make sure it gets a broader audience. Here is a link to easily send (they do it for you!) your representatives your support for including federal protection for States medical marijuana laws. Click the link, put in your zip code and they have the message sent to your reps for you.

Once again, it's down to the wire.

Tomorrow, the deadline for approving a federal spending bill in Congress arrives, and along with it comes the threat of losing federal protections for medical marijuana. If lawmakers do not include language that prevents the Department of Justice from targeting state-legal medical marijuana programs, or if there is a government shutdown, there will be nothing to stop Attorney General Jeff Sessions from attacking patients and providers that are in compliance with s?t?ate law.

Don't let your elected representatives leave for the holidays without reminding them about the spirit of compassion. Fuck Jeff Sessions before he fucks us.

^After inputting my info and seeing who would be the recipient of my letter, I felt little point in sending it :\

Last edited:
merry xmas all :) i have a nice mix of strains to sample, looking forward to next year, the year when it's finally legalized (in Canada). how far we've come in just a few short years, huh? :D

Ho Ho Ho!

animated-santa-claus-image-0420.gif

I found my special cookies!

Thank you children of BL. Now where is the milk...

I could go for some special cookies :p

I had a dream last night that I was visiting Amsterdam, but some BS law had been made that forbid foreigners to purchase cannabis without some sort of "Green Card" (I just realized the irony of that :|) and you had to be in the country for at least a year to get one... I was so miffed >.>

Any of you ever feel sometimes like you can't get enough air on weed? Not in a panic attack or asthma like way but just like some physiological thing where you feel the need to breathe super deep and not take any breaks to eat/drink/talk. It's not bad for me but it's noticeable, I'll bet it's at least part the fault of cottonmouth.

Only when on LSD as well. The two make for some literally breathtaking experiences.

Any of you ever feel sometimes like you can't get enough air on weed? Not in a panic attack or asthma like way but just like some physiological thing where you feel the need to breathe super deep and not take any breaks to eat/drink/talk. It's not bad for me but it's noticeable, I'll bet it's at least part the fault of cottonmouth.

I always chalked that up to lung health but I might be misinterpreting what you mean.

For me it's like a tightness around my lungs and ribcage area that doesn't hurt, it's just uncomfortable and causes me to completely focus on each inhale/exhale for a short while.

That usually leads to me just ending up stuck and couch-locked, though. Great time for introspection, lol.

I'm not exactly sure about the relation between breathing patterns and heart rate, but I always assumed that it was related to the increased heart rate than cannabis causes. Steephill laboratories states that "heart rate can increase between 20 and 50 beats per minute within minutes of inhaling cannabis; may last from 20min to 3 hours." which is quite an increase.

THC should convert pretty quickly to CBN once it's been heated and exposed to oxygen, right? I keep my bud that I only half vape in a container and I noticed it just doesn't get me the THC euphoric high but it will knock me out dead, was talking to my friend and he said it was probably because it has high CBN levels.

Only when on LSD as well. The two make for some literally breathtaking experiences.

Take a huge dab and youll feel like you need to breathe really deep but you just cant. I do feel you though, when Im stoned and tripping together I just have to lay down and focus on my breathing.

Last edited:
What's everyone using tonight? I'm using some 23% THC Strawberry Banana I got from a new to me dispensary yesterday.

Not my pic but this is the most similar looking pic to mine I found on leafly:

strawberry-banana__primary_4474.jpg

It really does smell like dried strawberries and bananas.

Smelling dank bud at a concert I attended recently really has my cravings through the roof. Here's to sobriety eh? :\

I'm about to run out of weed, moneys tight so can't get another zip til next week. (I don't buy less than a half because I get a pretty deep discount on bulk.) Been chiefing it up to heavy lately eighth a day, and I only smoke at night. Maybe the break will help me cut down to a couple grams.

I don't withdraw from weed other than the lack of dream suppression leading to horribly fucked up dreams though (I think I'm sick in the head so my default dream is a nightmare.)

ROLL WITH THE DREAMS, TREEZY

they're trying to teach you something, bro

Status
Not open for further replies.