• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

caught out altering my xanax script, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puddle.up

Bluelighter
I recently got a script for xanax (not for a day to day treatment for anxiety though, its only for long flights overseas).
now I do have a history with benzos so my tolerance is quite high, and this is where my trouble began.
the doc prescribed me 50 x 0.250mg xany tablets, which given my history with benzos (alprazolam in particular) seemed like a waste of time. so I asked him for a higher dosage but he refused and said if xanax was actually to help with my anxiety on long flights then I should have more than enough.

so off I went with an old school handwritten script from the doc for 50 x 0.250mg xanax tablets. now the doctor had already written on the script and crossed several things out when he made a mistake. so after seeing this I wrote 2mg on the script and crossed out the 0.250mg.
needless to say when I went to the chemist the pharmacist who served me new something was up, so he called my doctor to confirm the correct dose, my doctor obviously spilled the beans and said it was only meant to be 0.250mg not 2mg.

the pharmacist then strolled over and gave me a box of 0.250mg xanax and proceeded to say "I know you changed your prescription, ive spoken with your doctor, and now im forced to report this".

that was about 2 days ago and I havent heard a peep since. anyone else been in a similar situation that can tell me what to expect?

cheers guys

p.s. apologies for any grammatical or spelling mistakes in this post, ive got a gram of molly under my belt and finding it super tough to type

Report it to just your doctor hopefully?

Hopefully this chemist has some empathy. If something does come up hopefully explaining that you have a high tolerance, due to a past with benzo's, and you agree you fucked up, for not doing the the legal alternative to your actions.

Hopefully a small fine ey

Yah, my mate ( well,ex mate... He turned into a meth monster)mate did exactly the same thing and got and was fined $1800.

Last edited:
We're really unable to help you in anyway as youve gone n fucked yourself over; most likely. Depends on how well of a rappirt with your doc is really going to determine your outcome and most ikeky the DDU (drugs of dependency unit). Theres a fair chance that theyll cut you off indefinitely and youll be put on a watch list, dr shoppers list. or something similar to those that deal with this particular incidence. Its not good no matter how you look at it, sorry to say...doesnt look to promising to be brutally honest as youve committed fraud.

So, yeah, youre gonna have to face your doctor and have 'the conversation' to find out for good what is to happen.

We're really unable to help you in anyway as youve gone n fucked yourself over; most likely. Depends on how well of a rappirt with your doc is really going to determine your outcome and most ikeky the DDU (drugs of dependency unit). Theres a fair chance that theyll cut you off indefinitely and youll be put on a watch list, dr shoppers list. or something similar to those that deal with this particular incidence. Its not good no matter how you look at it, sorry to say...doesnt look to promising to be brutally honest as youve committed fraud.

So, yeah, youre gonna have to face your doctor and have 'the conversation' to find out for good, or bad (most likely. Sorry to be a negative nancy but this kinda thing isnt taken lightly cause as i said, you committed fraud.) what is likely to happen.

Best of luck whatever the outcome.

PLEAD INSANITY. haha!

Changing scripts has always been tempting but fuck actually doing it. The risks far outweigh the rewards IMO, but I feel your pain dude. Sorry that you got caught.

You did a stupid thing. Just wait and see what happens. It's Xanax for God's sake......Why?

Don't see the appeal in xanax. I abused a bottle of. 250s over 3 days. Was a shit, empty high. I hate alcohol and it was like that but without the warmth. Then I got fucken withdrawals and even a bloody seizure.

So tread carefully!

Hand written script? My doctor has to call and get an "authority" for benzos or Oxy, and I always thought the pharmacist couldn't give you it until it had been authorised. What state are you in?

You are lower than a doctor shopper, even lower than a snitch. Because of people like you I have to be call to the phone on a daily basis to talk to some bean counter who wants to double check a written script. Next time I am running late or have to miss lunch I will be thinking of you.

I agree with One Thousand Words, you have committed a very very low thoughtless act. I really hope you get a nice fine and put on a watch list so you don't abuse the system again. YOU are the type of person who makes it hard for people who NEED meds for anxiety etc... If I was the pharmacist I would have refused to fill the script on account of fraud, and register your name in the system to stop you having prescriptions of benzos filled in any state. Consider yourself lucky the pharmacist only threatened you with reporting you.

If i were you, id expect a fine of around $1500. If I were you I also would pull my fucking head in and not fuck with your scripts.

Last edited:
Look guys I agree with the complete and utter stupidity of what I did, I make no excuse for it, to be completely honest it was a stupid spur of the moment decision and I didn't even consider how insanely stupid what I was doing was, nor how serious the repercussions would be, I'm willing to accept the punishment that comes my way, the bottom line is I'm scared.

I do need Xanax legitimately, I have serious anxiety when I fly, which is why I made the stupid decision to try and get a script for 2mg instead of 0.250mg, I did not get the script, nor alter it, for any purpose of abusing the stuff.

Anyway beside all that, I made a stupid mistake and I've been caught so I'll need to deal with it. I assume based on what I've read that I'll be receiving a pretty hefty fine in the mail and I'll also be closely watched now in terms of getting any sort of prescription, as well as getting a script filled, I can deal with that, after this crap I won't even think of getting a Xanax script for flying again, I'd rather drive across Australia.

My biggest concern was that I was going to have police rock up to my house and slap cuffs on me, I've never had any run-in with the law before, the worst thing I've ever had is a speeding fine about 5 years ago, so this whole concept scares the living shit out of me. But thanks for your answers guys, I can understand the frustration some of you have shown, but please be aware that I'm not a benzo junkie that spends my days doctor shopping and fucking with scripts, I'm an honest dude who made a huge fuck up, and I just wanted some advice on what to expect.

Very stupid decision.

Expect a fine. I doubt police will get involved for a first offence.

You may be in luck and nothing will happen... A lesson had been learned I hope. Fucking with scripts these days can create quite big dramas if done all the time. I've had a mate who did it four times n got in excess of $10k in fines and court costs and a criminal conviction recorded on his name.

Good luck.

don't listen to busty, you're keeping the elitist employed ;)

as far as your issue goes, none of us can tell you the outcome; you've just gotta wait it out.

good luck

yeh i dont see what the big deal is

its only wrong if you get caught..

all the best

Wow...must be a lot different over there. I have a friend that did the exact same thing in Florida. She got by with it the pharmacist did not catch her but later when they were going through the records they found it (when the started doing the precription monitoring program in Florida). She was arrested and charged with 2 felonies! Good thing not in the states, especially Florida these days.

its people like you who prevent the people who really need it, from obtaining it yourself.

the dose the doctor prescribed is correct for your situation. IMO it sounds like a phoney story to justify your inner fiend. I don't mean to be harsh but if this is how I see it, how is the pharma and doc going to see it?

Unless you are suffering daily panic attacks, you really don't need 2mg doses. Tolerance is mostly an issue only for those who want to get high.

I hope you never consider counterfeiting cash.

With all due respect man, you don't know the the first thing about me or the situation, other than what I have explained to you, so it's pretty narrow minded and egotistical of you to assume I'm a "fiend" and to jump on board with a few other people's opinions, when it's pretty clear that my question(s) had already been answered.

I may not have been a member here for long, nor made many posts, but I have been lurking around these forums for many many years, and until now I wasn't aware at how ridiculously judgmental a lot of you cunts really are. The fact remains is that I made no excuse for what I did, I admitted what I did was wrong and stupid, I didn't even think about it at the time, I made a mistake, and I'll be fucked if all the people on here who have pointed the finger at me haven't made a mistake in their lives, a large proportion of you are illegal drug users, seems hypocritical to point the finger at me for breaking the law does it not?

And in terms of stopping people who actually "need" Xanax from getting their prescriptions, that's pathetic. "People like me" aren't the reason why doctors and shrinks are reluctant to prescribe Xanax for anxiety these days, it's because the drug's short-comings have been realised in recent years, it's a horribly addictive drug that only masks anxiety, it doesn't cure it, and in the end the patient is worse-off having taken it. The only way to treat anxiety is to tackle it head on and find the root cause of it, not to numb yourself with benzo's to forget all about it.

So before you all jump on the judgement bandwagon (like about 10 of you already have) perhaps stop and think about your own activities and ask yourself if they're all above board? I made a stupid mistake, I've admitted that, which is something most of you would never do, so you know what? Fuck the lot of you who judged me, I've just proven you're all a bunch of misinformed fuck heads who think reading a few pages of wikipedia and making 1000 posts on bluelight makes you a drug guru, trust me, majority of you know fuck all.

Haha junky? Really? Just proving your ignorance even more my friend.

So you're a "qualified pharmacist" that isn't aware of (or is at least oblivious to) the negative effects of alpraz? Sounds like a quality degree you've got there buddy, did you do it through the mail?

Some of the arrogance and attitudes in this forum are becoming intolerable...I've been reading Bluelight since about 2002 and there seems to have been a real surge of nastiness in ADD lately. From both new and old. Or perhaps I am just beginning to notice it more.

I'm all for explaining to someone the negative consequences their actions can have for others, but do we really need this kind of abuse and back-and-forth douchebaggery from all sides?

Harm Reduction doesn't work if those who are supposed to be delivering it shower the receiving party with abuse and name-calling. By the same token, the receiving party giving it back just makes things worse.

Just a thought...lots of wisdom contained within the minds of the members on here, it would be a shame for someone to dismiss the valuable resource that is Bluelight because of an altercation.

Status
Not open for further replies.