• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

career advice!

Show the fuck up, mostly sober. So many well paying careers ask not much more than that. Unfortunately many people can’t do one or the other. I can’t tell you how many jobs and praise from clients I’ve gotten just by showing up on time every day. Be punctual
yeah. i get called a hero for literally doing my assigned work in a timely fashion.

being sober definitely helps. occasionally at like christmas time or after big projects we used to go for lunch and even one pint would be a write off of the afternoon. dunno how i did so well being on heroin for the entirety of my early career.

Also don’t take stimulants to increase work productivity.
absolutely. i did what is still the best work i've ever done on crack. but that lead me to believe it was fine for me to do everyday. once you go to everyday use, it soon becomes all day, every day, and a marginal productivity gain becomes a total loss of productivity.

anyone who does computing jobs it might be a time to renegotiate your salary and conditions. my employer tried to get some of their programmers to come back in full time. they all handed their notice in, offers in place, within a week (at which point the policy was changed and some revoked their notice thank fuck). london employers are realising they can save money by getting remote people and their jobs are attractive cos they are close to london wages.

Show the fuck up, mostly sober. So many well paying careers ask not much more than that. Unfortunately many people can’t do one or the other. I can’t tell you how many jobs and praise from clients I’ve gotten just by showing up on time every day. Be punctual.

Also don’t take stimulants to increase work productivity. It’s a slippery slope that always goes bad. I learned this really young thankfully when I was 16 and would snort cocaine on job that would eat up everything I earned.

Find a way to make sure you don’t burn out and can work sustainably. I watch guys crash and burn all the time in the trades. I’ve yet to meet someone in my trade that doesn’t use stimulants, and most do in all construction trades.

Eat healthy, exercise, keep up on your body and mind.

-GC
100 percent this, especially the young lads it becomes an ego thing wanting to be the hardest working guy there. Fortunately when I started working construction I was mentored by an old boy who would spend the first two hours getting his tools out, setting up his workspace and making a cup of tea. He would then proceed to smash out twice as much work as them through pure skill and efficiency than the other lot running around like headless chickens. Probably doesn't look as impressive to the boss if you're new there though.

Learn rust and solidity, never work in an office again, sorted

Learn rust and solidity, never work in an office again, sorted
ewwwwww rust

not that i've ever used it, though a quick google suggests its being used in bioinformatics now so maybe i hsould try

100 percent this, especially the young lads it becomes an ego thing wanting to be the hardest working guy there. Fortunately when I started working construction I was mentored by an old boy who would spend the first two hours getting his tools out, setting up his workspace and making a cup of tea. He would then proceed to smash out twice as much work as them through pure skill and efficiency than the other lot running around like headless chickens. Probably doesn't look as impressive to the boss if you're new there though.

I’m not the fastest, I don’t work the longest hours but like you said when the others start getting frazzled from the 4th coffee or all that speed they took I’m still trucking along. It’s about sustainability.

With that said, I also do the opposite of what others will do and often over quote time for my jobs. I’d rather impress them then piss them off. Again related to ego, guys think they can go faster than they really can.

-GC

Reactions: Ned
I have always gone for well paid jobs where i don't have to do too much and can slack off to do essentials like scoring etc. But now I have a well paid job that I really enjoy and am head and shoulders above others on my grade as I've realised Im pretty good at it and as I don't waste time on sinful things I put my full concentration in to work.

Whats your thoughts on this dearest chinupsy - Im currently working 12 hours and driving another 1.5 hours to work. Im basically either working or sleeping and its decent money BUT have the chance to get another job 2 mins from the house, 7 hours a day tops. Its less money but far better quality of life (ie I would still be able to afford lots of drugs)

So whats your thoughts? Chase the money or chase peace of mind? (Or get chased by the police while running screaming down the street naked save for one sock when Ive overdone the acid?)

have you factored in the money as a sort of 'per hour' thing rather than full take home? 15 hours out of every day is way too much IMO.

also can you try and negotiate a higher wage if you get offered the other job, given you'd be taking a pay cut?

i'd go for the 7 hours tops. time you can't get back, and money goes to the tax man when you die.

Life, the acid you mentioned is being restricted by this cruel job!

have you factored in the money as a sort of 'per hour' thing rather than full take home? 15 hours out of every day is way too much IMO.

also can you try and negotiate a higher wage if you get offered the other job, given you'd be taking a pay cut?

i'd go for the 7 hours tops. time you can't get back, and money goes to the tax man when you die.
As wilco suggests - maybe the acid was better
I like the cut of your gib!

Issy, I can't work as I've a sight problem, but I volunteer for reddit to fight the alt right and save lives from Covid misinformation.

If I could work I'd take all the hours I could to buijd Lilvibe's future. I can do 16 hours pluys on reddit, so your hours aren't honestly that bad. Have a lovely Christmas and be careful with the LSD. It can be very dangerous.

With all due respect 16hrs a day on Reddit “volunteering” your time to pursue what is obviously a passion for you isn’t really in the slightest comparable. Be careful, a big head can be equally as dangerous.

-GC

Issy, I can't work as I've a sight problem, but I volunteer for reddit to fight the alt right and save lives from Covid misinformation.

If I could work I'd take all the hours I could to buijd Lilvibe's future. I can do 16 hours pluys on reddit, so your hours aren't honestly that bad. Have a lovely Christmas and be careful with the LSD. It can be very dangerous.

Jesus man, you make it sound like world of warcraft with a mission. Err yes, we similarly all work at bluelight, frequently toiling away into the late nights. Who's Lilvibe and why do you want to build her future?

Like G_Chem says, watch your ego, and always watch being so sure of yourself; you may well be somebody elses chelse piece. I'm pretty sure Ismene knows LSD better than most, and is of sound mind.

LSD can certainly be dangerous, but I've personally found the lack of it to be the more powerful toxin.

Last edited: