• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Caprica

qwe

Bluelight Crew
caprica has no thread? what? i am dissapoint. nobody even seems to know who the lovely lady on my avatar is!

battlestar galactica was a story of a remnant group of humans fleeing the twelve colonies for "earth", a rumored distant colony in another solar system

the show caprica takes place on these twelve colonies about 50 years before the fall. it's sci fi, but it's not starships and combat like battlestar. it's quite different but it still touches on a lot of deep social/political/psychological/religious issues

it's also quite entertaining (i think even for those who aren't that into scifi). i want a fracking holoband

from a polytheist society letting go and having fun in a virtual world, to a monotheist sect from Gemenon witnessing this "moral decay" and wanting to "correct society" and unite the twelve worlds under one true god, to a Caprican bill gates type capitalist/scientist getting mixed up with gangsters from Tauron..

and meanwhile each party has their own motives to obtain a certain new technology that will permanently change the human race (and create a new race)

half of season one has been out for a while. recently new episodes for season 1 have been airing

i enjoy this show i also loved bsg immensely i hope caprica does equally as good.

BTW your avatar is TINY and too hard too focus on

I dug the first few episodes I watched but fell off watching it. Going to try and catch up over the winter.

BSG was epic.

Some shows are drawn out much longer than they need be.

I didn't want Caprica to taint the goodness of BSG so I have ignored it thus far.

Are you telling me it may be worth looking at?

I watch it. It's not great, but it's sci-fi TV so I take what I can get. I like enough of it (hot young women, humanoid robots, future mafia, immersive virtual reality) and laugh off the bad (mediocre acting, cheesy use of an imaginary swear word `fracking`, slow story line progression)

I really wish there was better sci-fi on TV (suggestions please), but this gives me something that I can at least hope will turn into something good. I have my doubts it will get past a 4th season (maybe 3rd.)

technophiles, philosophers, spiritual people, and futurists would all absolutely love the subtleties in the plot. also, the hot young women are in really powerful roles, which is pretty cool

frack you jayjohnson, this show is the shit :) way better than stargate universe imo (..the other sci fi show currently airing episodes. i look forward to both, i also take all the sci fi i can get)

Season 1.5 shows promise and is off to a much better start so if you were bored by the first half give it another try. BSG set the bar high so comparisons at this point arent fair considering BSG took a season to find it's legs. More drama than action but that's part of building the series back story.

^ it's picking up :)
Relativity is strong in this one.
images

I saw the previews for this months ago and thought that the show appeared very appealing. I'm about to start watching all available episodes on hulu.

I'll let ya know what I think soon.

I saw the previews for this months ago and thought that the show appeared very appealing. I'm about to start watching all available episodes on hulu.

I'll let ya know what I think soon.
you should start from the beginning

google will help you find the episodes... not entirely sure if i'm allowed to say that, but google is legal :) let me know if this needs to be edited

You can frack me all you want, but I won't feel anything - however you'll know if I give you one good FUCK! :p It makes me laugh, but I like that they made a word to replace the staple of American language and not get it censored.

I do like the show, I mean I watch it don't I? I need to check out BSG - I've heard good things. I've just been lazy.

I want to see more ROBOTS gods smite it!!!

Dang she was hot not too long ago:
url

NSFW:

And hey, is Zoe just lost in cyberspace now? Or is she just waiting on board her proto-Cylon to be given life again?

you should start from the beginning

google will help you find the episodes... not entirely sure if i'm allowed to say that, but google is legal :) let me know if this needs to be edited

i'll definitely start from the beginning, it is mandatory to observe every idiosyncrasy of the story in order to stay attached to their characters and plot:)

BSG started slow and turned out to be one of the best shows on tv caprica is already heading down the same path

if you want to try one hulu episode, try the latest one
NSFW:
daniel graystone is attempting to recreate zoe's avatar program; he's chatting with his "wife" as he attempts to make her software program / avatar actually feel emotion

we see the first action of the cylon battle bots. i won't spoil this part, it's too fracking awesome

and we get a foreshadow of their probable first combat role: in a situation similar to isreal/palestine, Tauron weapons smugglers will play a role. greystone, the "hallafa(sp)" (tauron gangsters, with a main character tauron on the side of the people "fighting tanks with stones"), and ms willow (the gemenon religious fanatic) are all closing in on the ability to create new life and "resurrect" the dead... all for totally different reasons

it's gonna start getting messy, and it just got rather deep into philosophy of mind

10/5

what the FRACK is going on?

syfy cancelled it, and is not airing the rest of the episodes... Space channel picked them up, but they're canadian i don't think we even get that channel?

i think this means no season 2? FUCK. next episode isn't even on hulu yet, and it's been a week.