• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cant maintain stable level of opiate euphoria

Kaldius

Bluelighter
I have this strange problem when I take opiates it's the same for any but lets say I take 100mg hydrocodone and i start feeling really good euphoria, pleasant stimulation, ill be brain hugging myself with pleasant thoughts and then all of a sudden i get hit with dysphoria and all the high is isntantly gone as if something pulled away all the drug off my opiate receptors. Then a few moments later i have to focus and take a relaxing deep breath for example and the high returns, and this keeps repeating.

This is also fairly new I should mention I've been using opiates more often almost daily now while before I would only a few times a week at most and I didn't have this problem. But I don't hear even daily users complain about such an incident. I've tried just taking more and more but it will eventually just make me drousy to the point i cant keep my eyes open. (Trying to nod gives same results of dysphoric feeling interrupting me)

Any ideas what could be going wrong here? Can this happen perhaps if I'm getting little or low quality sleep because of some opiate induced insomnia from high frequent dosing?

It's possible. If you go to bed while the opiates are running strong through your system IME you don't get a great sleep (one-off uses can provide fantastic sleep though - just not during daily use.)

It's possible. If you go to bed while the opiates are running strong through your system IME you don't get a great sleep (one-off uses can provide fantastic sleep though - just not during daily use.)

Well I usually get very little sleep because it's near impossible to sleep for me on opiates and for about 24 hours after the last dose in having insomnia. Right now my last dose was about 400mg and about 400x 2 times before in the dayand 12 hours later I'm just lying in bed with like little stories playing in my mind with characters from real life and sometimes I start talking aloud to them as if it where real its weird. Maybe I'm just taking too much.

That's quite a high dose my friend, I think indeed you're using too much. Do you get sick when you don't take the stuff?

That was my first thought after reading this post, that the dose seems really high. Especially for a typically non daily user. I'm not sure what you are taking though either. But in my opinion it should have a taken a really long time to work your way up to 100mg doses.

I started off with 100-200mg hydrocodone and then some heroin around 40-100mg always needed that much to catch a good buzz and by the way the morphine im taking upwards of 400mg+ because its orally so the bioavailability is low.

I think im not that sensitive to it because I've never xperienced itchyness and rarley catch a nod unless i make myself drousy by some other way or am already tired. I havnt slept close to 48 hours now and dosed again because I feel awful coming down but I also can't sleep as much as I try to lie in bed with my eyes closed... it sucks.

OP states: "I have this strange problem when I take opiates it's the same for any but lets say I take 100mg hydrocodone"

Please tell us* your doing CWE's on Vicodan formula hydros - those with APAP, aka paracetamol or Tylenol - that they are compounded and only contain hydro or are the newer hydro ER tabs w/o APAP. Also hydro isn't meant to be taken in such high dosages. Stop or switch to only oxy- opioid (codone or morphone), methadone, heroin or morphine - only if already addicted and not wanting to stop.

Want to stop? You need to for HR purposes, or see pain management clinic/dr if it's for legit reasons and your pain is genuinely severe, before your life goes to hell and might not come back!

Bupe, or methadone, then taper that when ready in 1 mo., or 20 years and be free of the headaches, insomnia, related health and legal consequences. Please be careful. I don't see any hint of IV use here, please tell us that's true too - metaphorically*

*I don't expect you to actually reply with that info, but it could help. I hope everyone, everywhere knows not to try to IV hydro or codeine.

Wowsers.......you're ingesting 400mgs of hydrocodone twice a day & you're wondering why you're having problems sleeping, etc..........?

If you're not doing a CWE, you may kill yourself.......I'm hoping you're doing a CWE.......

Slow your roll bro.......learn to enjoy the high, no need to over do it.

As has been mentioned it's vital you aren't consuming large quantities of APAP because it will destroy your liver. Please read up on CWE's if this is the case and start doing them immediately.

If you want to cut down quantity wise, consider plugging as an alternative. Keep in mind it greatly increases the bio-availability of drugs like morphine so you should start by halving your dose and seeing where that gets you first.

Try get some sleep. No one is happy when they're tired, even when they have huge amounts of opiates flooding their system. :)

I started off with 100-200mg hydrocodone and then some heroin around 40-100mg always needed that much to catch a good buzz and by the way the morphine im taking upwards of 400mg+ because its orally so the bioavailability is low.

I think im not that sensitive to it because I've never xperienced itchyness and rarley catch a nod unless i make myself drousy by some other way or am already tired. I havnt slept close to 48 hours now and dosed again because I feel awful coming down but I also can't sleep as much as I try to lie in bed with my eyes closed... it sucks.
that is outrageous doses. 10x the highest amount of hydrocodone formulated and 13x the maximum morphine dose. I took morphine over 150 mg one time and never will again as it was a 30 mg sustained release formulation leaving me with crippling abdominal pain that lasted hours due to the sustained release. Lower your doses