• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can't hit a very obvious surface vein

infantannihilator

Bluelighter
I've got two big veins that run along my forearns that I'm pretty sure join up with the two veins in the crook of my arm. They tend to roll a lot and I've only had success hitting them close to the elbow when they're buried a little in the soft tissue of my arm. Otherwise they seem to always roll away from me. Ive tried everything from using tape to apply traction to holding my arm against my leg and applying sideways force to stretch the skin but still I just can't seem to get into these veins. I don't have the steadiest hands in the world so I go in pretty shallow at the same angle I inject in with my hand resting against the arm. Before I stick the needle in I push my hand resting against my arm towards the hand to account for the depth of the needle going in.

I figure I need to pierce it at a steeper angle but I'm not confident in my ability to then lay down the syringe without losing the vein, or worse stabbing right through it. I don't use a tourniquet because I really shouldn't need to but I suppose if the veins were firmer then it might be easier to get in? But then come s the issue of releasing the tourniquet and not losing the vein. Stims have made me very shaky and I almost have to completely give up most of the time. I go in all prepared and ready to hit a particular vein only to miss it and dull the needle. I'm using bd ultra fines and after the second or third poke they no longer want to break skin that easily and I'm forced to backload a new rig. I've gone through so many fucking syringes this way that it's ridiculous.

I used to be able to hit all these veins before when I was slamming Coke, I had no problems so I just don't understand it. Gotta be something about shooting meth that's fucking with me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cocaine constricts the veins and the constant slamming that goes with it can damage even veins that look good. It may help to counterintuitively use a LARGER needle than an "ultra fine" because it is easier to see the register unfortunately if you fuck it up and especially if you push through you may lose the whole thing. I preferred 29g ½in myself when I was an ivdu (heroin mostly). Depending on your body fat and the type of vein you might need to go in close to 90 degrees but you have to be very careful not to piece the thing.