• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Cannabis THC Trichomes, Could they really just be Mushrooms after all?

BiG StroOnZ

Bluelighter
I'm sure many people have seen Cannabis THC "crystals" or "pollen" or "keif" or their scientific term, "Trichomes"

However, how many of you have seen them under a microscope?

Look at the pretty pictures, they look like Mushrooms ;)

Here are some microscopic level pics to get an understanding of what I mean:

Trichome-close-up.jpg

electron_trichome.jpg

3.jpg

foto6ki3.jpg

Sp3r500w.JPG

tricomb2.jpg

Does
26.gif
=
27.gif
?

:)

Last edited:
Are you seriously

It's probably not that rare a biological structure in nature if you take all scales of measurement and investigate terran organisms...

Why am I... for crying out loud

Many palnt trichomes look kind of like mushrooms....For the canterbury psalter to be be depictig trichomes means they had some kind of magnifying utensil, and it was made around 1100ad, so I don't think theres a connection.

hehe, this made me chuckle a little. Interesting concept but in the end; False.

They do not contain DNA or a genetic makeup of their own, do not reproduce or spread spores, they're just secretions of the cannabis plant. :)

I see not many Philosophy majors on here... definitely aspiring scientists though ;)

Last edited:
^ Hmm. I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. Yeah, cannabis trichomes look like little mushrooms... is that all?

Or is it that you're suggesting that god sends us messages only through worldly objects in the shape of mushrooms?

^Yes, but apparently most plant Trichomes look the same as Mushrooms, so I guess there's definitely no infinite connection or anything... 8)

More like "mushroom" is a shape of its own and found on things goad created to be mind altering with great potential!!

^LOL GOADED. That's my new term for f-ed in the a.

Yeah, cool pics. I guess that's all they are right? some things just don't seem as they appear... 8)

Last edited:
not all mushrooms look like those though and trichomes dont "fruit" or deal with reproduction

jelly fungi
jelly_fung.jpg

puffball
prasnica-bradavickata.jpg

also the structure in those trichome pictures show the trichome and a glob of resin, two different things, not one "mushroom" like object

that being said, cannabis and psilocybes are good friends

^Beautiful pics, but I know that there's many different species and/or variations of mushrooms in all shapes, colors, and sizes.

Never was saying that THC Trichomes fruit, I was describing the similarity in appearance, to that of P. Cubensis and many other types. I also know that THC is not a fungus, was just really saying, "Hey they look just like Shrooms, there's some sort of connection." May not be data for it yet or ever...

Also, none of those pics are of resin.

Lastly, Cannabis and Psilocybes are friends. :)

Last edited: