• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis near death experience

It was something like that. This probably happens when for the first time in your life you will be strong and you smoke a lot.

My father told me of a time he got my mom high in their 20's. She was a crying mess but came out of it quickly.

Hey, I want to give an update. Just came across this post again. I am almost completely cured of my derealization and mental health issues from the drug-induced psychosis. The health service did not assist me. I have a letter saying "the mental health team will not see you at this time" the closest I got was seeing one psychologist who got her consultant and he said "that's magical thinking" but no treatment was offered. I signed up for a college course in biomedical science and the constant lectures were a good challenge for my skeptical nihilistic mindset. It's hard to not believe in anything when you stuck in a classroom of people saying things as if they are true and not questioning themselves the way I was. It made me think, if they all believe this, then something must be wrong with me lol. Thank you 2-year course!!
At the end of that, I got a 6-session CBT course through student support which really helped as I could talk my way out of my experiences and bad thinking for an hour each time and still be judged positively and not that I was "talking too much". Things got better from there.
I study science now, I`m back to the good old atheist self that I was before drugs.
My diet has become really good, I cook and I care about what I eat, mostly pescatarian/ vegetarian. I still have chocolate but in a moderate amount. I don`t take any other substances bar vitamins. I also got a lot of routines and schedules in my life- it's how I cope. The most recent change has been adding planners for my life and journalling as well because reading and writing are a huge way to engage my thinking/ talking brain and work things out for myself.

Honestly I think with how strong weed is these days, and that buckies are such an intense way to smoke weed, and that you were inexperienced... My hunch is you got really high from some weed. Some people are a lot more sensitive. I think the amount of people on this planet that would ever randomly lace/trick someone into smoking DMT is incredibly low.. It's just not something people would really do.

I've smoked weed when I was still kinda new to it that gave me scary psychedelic like experiences. Not as intense as you but not far off. I don't doubt your experience was possible with just strong weed for even a second. The turning point for me was mushrooms. They completely removed all my anxiety and fear. I used to be intensely afraid of the dark, not so much sober as a teenager but if I smoked weed.. The darkness was a nightmare. After tripping when I was 16, I loved night time and darkness, it had zero fear inducing effect on me.

Just my 2c

Hey, I want to give an update. Just came across this post again. I am almost completely cured of my derealization and mental health issues from the drug-induced psychosis. The health service did not assist me. I have a letter saying "the mental health team will not see you at this time" the closest I got was seeing one psychologist who got her consultant and he said "that's magical thinking" but no treatment was offered. I signed up for a college course in biomedical science and the constant lectures were a good challenge for my skeptical nihilistic mindset. It's hard to not believe in anything when you stuck in a classroom of people saying things as if they are true and not questioning themselves the way I was. It made me think, if they all believe this, then something must be wrong with me lol. Thank you 2-year course!!
At the end of that, I got a 6-session CBT course through student support which really helped as I could talk my way out of my experiences and bad thinking for an hour each time and still be judged positively and not that I was "talking too much". Things got better from there.
I study science now, I`m back to the good old atheist self that I was before drugs.
My diet has become really good, I cook and I care about what I eat, mostly pescatarian/ vegetarian. I still have chocolate but in a moderate amount. I don`t take any other substances bar vitamins. I also got a lot of routines and schedules in my life- it's how I cope. The most recent change has been adding planners for my life and journalling as well because reading and writing are a huge way to engage my thinking/ talking brain and work things out for myself.

I'm glad to hear your doing well and that you are back to being an atheist if that makes you happy. I have one question I'd like to ask, do you now just write off the experience as mere delusion? Cause like I said earlier in the thread, I have had similar experiences with just weed and with other substances. The difference for me is that, while no doubt these experiences left me confused and mentally unwell with psychoses I have never been able to go back to my old atheist self despite very much wanting to at times. I remain convinced that these experiences are revealing something about the nature of consciousness which has been largely forgotten by our culture. All the religions, mythologies, theologies, etc were inspired by something, there is something to it as far as I'm concerned.

Hi
About 4 years ago I had a drug induced experience that left me frightened of dieing. I've have anxiety and a mix of mental health problems every since. I want to share what happened to me to see if anyone could shed light on what caused this.
I was dating a guy at the time who was a heavy cannabis user. He would smoke buckets every morning. He suggested I take some before we went on a date. I foolishly agreed. He said it would make the night funny.
I took 2 buckets of weed in his bathroom and choked badly as it burnt my throat. I walked into the hallway and felt like I was in some type of horror movie. I was experiencing fear like never before in my life. The hallway looked dark and grey and stretched out. I felt like something was watching me from the other rooms as the doors were all open.
I was frozen in fear holding onto the radiator. I whispered all I could which was "I have to get out of here". He said I couldn't go anywhere in that state and got me into bed.
In bed I looked at the wall and things started to move on their own. I experienced an explosion of reality and was blasted out of my body. I was only a Soul travelling at the speed of light. It was painful. I felt my body being ripped apart. The dark sky was filled with yellow shards like stars, infinite in number. These pieces where one my body and reality. I travelled until I could see a blue light in the distance. It was a sea of energy, of unconditional love. It felt like coming home. I just got near the edge of it. It was massive. Then I returned to my body crying and screaming.
It was so frightening. My partner said I was talking about seeing a granny hang herself. I don't know what happen. When I finally was okay again I repeatedly asked him what was put in the bucket. He promised it was just weed. Exactly what he smokes. I questionEd him if it was dmt. He said no it was weed he promised.
I was left believing the pain I experienced was hatred being ripped from me. That the blue stuff was the Soul in our and the lessons I needed to learn from it where to love learn and have good intentions.
It has left me extremely messed up still. Frighten of death. I have PTSD and a horrible anxiety regarding right and wrong and religion and what should I believe about reality ect. Please if anyone could tell me what has likely happened I'd be eternally grateful.
Thank you
Please see a medical professional and a psychotherapist. It is nearly impossible to die from smoking or eating too much marijuana or hashish. Maybe you had too much, too fast?

There's a myth that weed tends to be psyhedelic. Not as much as psilocybin ''DNA'' goes but still it has some weird effect in some rare cases, this is a rare case. I think your anxiety triggered this negative river rush, maybe some settings issues? Still, sane, dealers in the true meaning of the word, would not allow this kind of mistake, they would go on minus and they don't want that. So I don't think it was laced with anything. What you have it's psychosis. It's well known that green *CBD* it's very efficient in some cases like > Alzheimer's/Dementia diseases. Try to eat healthy, if you have underlying mental issues please go and see a doctor.
Cannabis is a psychedelic. If you don't smoke, vape, or eat it daily and get any tolerance to be super low or non-existent and you smoke, vape, or eat enough you will trip.

To me it was like a low dose Psilocybin mushroom experience with minor visuals both OEV and CEV. I know people who also have had this experience, maybe it is from smoking high THC Moroccan hashish or Sativa marijuana frequently, and while on LSD and Psilocybin mushrooms? I also have had psychedelic experiences after smoking Indica and hybrid marijuana. Colombian and Afghan herb were super mellow and relaxing and helped with insomnia.