• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Patients suffering because some doctors too fearful to prescribe opioids

S.J.B.

Bluelight Crew
Chronic pain patients suffering because some doctors too fearful to prescribe opioids
Colleen Underwood
CBC
January 22nd, 2018

Larry Metz rates his flu-like aches and pains a 12 out of 10 today, but some days he says it's as high 14, now that his opioid pain medication isn't strong enough to numb the pain.

So the fibromyalgia sufferer and diabetic says maybe it's the pain talking. Or maybe it's his tell-it-like-it-is attitude he's picked up over his many years working in a gravel pit, driving a grader and building roads.

Either way he's mad at Alberta's College of Physicians and Surgeons because he believes they're the reason why his doctor won't boost his pain medication.

"Grow up. Wake up. Take off your ties and put on some blue jeans and go out and get in the mix and middle of the people that are going through this stuff."

"It's easy to sit up in your high towers," adds Metz, 68. "Understand where they're coming from, talk to them."

Read the full story here.

I wonder if Metz would consider MMT.

I realize the following is both hearsay + anecdotal, nevertheless, a couple of acquaintances of mine who're suffering from chronic pain due to Fibromyalgia have reportedly experienced unprecedented relief from this synthetic ?-opioid agonist. And they're also glad that they only have to dose once daily, although, it was twice daily until they had their doses increased to 60 and 65 mg respectively.

On the downside, they complain about excessive sweating, heat intolerance and, for one of them, significant weight gain.

Either way, I feel sorry for the guy - hopefully he receives the treatment he needs to achieve relief of his chronic pain and suffering.

Edit: What about Kratom as well?

I would probably hesitate to prescribe opiates as doctor too. But honestly... it is so easy to buy pain killers with the internet these days. You dont need a doctors prescription. Just buy them.

or walk into a suboxone clinic and say youre a heroin addict. Get on subs, easy.

or just buy some kratom.

or just buy poppy seeds.

So many options....