[Canada] Harper's new war on drugs.

ambush

Bluelighter
In his attempt to mimick and copy Bush and the US, Harper wants to fund a new war on drugs in Canada. Because the war on drugs in the US has been such a success!:D

WHAT
THE
FUCK

He wants to "end the drug culture" he says the government has been sending mixed messages about drugs and he wants to end that. He says he lets his son listen to his beatles records, but he says that was bad drug culture and now's the time to end it (WTF?). :! :! :! :! :! WHAT THE FUCK????

He's profiting from the fact that the Liberals and piss-weak and that the NDP is never gonna win and that we vote Bloc or conservative here in Québec.. what a fucking idiot I hate Canada even more now. FUCK YOU HARPER.

I'm all for repression/prevention on COKE and HEROIN and HARD SHIT, but please, let me puff my joint in peace. And let me have deep, profound psychedelic experiences once in a while.

Governments NEVER differenciate LSD from Coke or Weed from PCP or 2C-B from Heroin, etc. I'm sick and tired!

What's next? Prohibition????????????????????????? :! :! :! :! :! :\ :\ :\ :\

I'd have to agree. Legalization of marijuana all the way. Do it right like the Dutch. ;)

Although they are keeping the herion injection sites in BC open for another year (I think) which is pretty awesome. Yay harm reduction! :D Hopefully they realize that these things are good.

Other than that, this new war on drugs will fail harder than Reagan's war on drugs. :\

I couldn't care less about a war on drugs.. I'm pretty sure it's not going to change anything here in Québec (marijuana-wise). Or in BC for that matter. We're too cool to change.

The itch is when a PM says the legacy of the drug culture of the 1960s was bad and that the government should end it. Who does he think he is? FUCK HIM. HE'S NOT MY FUCKING FATHER. FUCK YOU HARPER.

I'm also worried that CRC (for those who know) might have to stop operations... that 2C-Xs and Methylone and 5-MeO-DMT, etc. might get scheduled. If we keep quiet about it and if we remain responsible, it has less chances of happening.

Fuck war!

Just a last ditch effort from a failing government to shore up a little support on the right before we head to the polls again. Lord knows Harper's done absolutely nothing right in the past and his neo-con base knows it.

64 Million is squat in the grand scheme. By the time they get kick backs, "administration fee's", and all the other hidden costs applied they probably won't have enough to fund the narc trying to buy a dime bag.

I actually take this as a positive step for legalization, he's bound to fuck it up...again.

I heard that the Liberals were going to legalize marijuana if they were re-elected (before the Tories were elected), but I think if there *is* a non-confidence vote the Tories will probably win another minority gov't. Plus the Grits have hardly any support because they all hate Dion. 8)

And yeah, $64 million is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just some hum-drum trying to get support. I bet in the US they spend twice that for their war on drugs, and it still fails. *shrug*

What is worst he wants mandatory prison terms 3-4 years... Hopefully the bastard won't be around long enough...

oh yeah, and the NDP is not weak anymore, they have been wining a lot of byelections, and are going to be replacing the Liberals soon enough:)

The US has spent almost 40 Billion (with a B) on the "War on drugs" so far just this year on a state and federal level.

http://www.drugsense.org/wodclock.htm

I don't think you'll see much in the way of mandatory terms, our prisons are pretty full as is.

You'll no doubt see the occasional propaganda raid on TV. You know the ones...every 6 months or so you see some tard cop holding up a few bags of cash and some drop in the bucket amount of substance on the evening news. Then the poor bastard who got caught will get paraded out of court with his coat over his head after they apply a harsh sentence. Then they'll pat themselves on the back, take a pay raise and go on vacation for another 6-8 months.

In the mean time the cops ruin a bunch of kids lives by busting them with a dime bag and letting them have the effects of their"criminal activity" follow them the rest of their lives.

Meanwhile, the government has yet to deliver on its first set of priorities, even though the press talks about 'a new mandate/direction' like the lackeys they are.

^I dunno. Most of the media I've seen on this has been slanted against the government. I'm loving the Canadian media's reaction to this, actually.

ambush said:
In his attempt to mimick and copy Bush and the US, Harper wants to fund a new war on drugs in Canada. Because the war on drugs in the US has been such a success!:D

WHAT
THE
FUCK

He wants to "end the drug culture" he says the government has been sending mixed messages about drugs and he wants to end that. He says he lets his son listen to his beatles records, but he says that was bad drug culture and now's the time to end it (WTF?). :! :! :! :! :! WHAT THE FUCK????

He's profiting from the fact that the Liberals and piss-weak and that the NDP is never gonna win and that we vote Bloc or conservative here in Québec.. what a fucking idiot I hate Canada even more now. FUCK YOU HARPER.

I'm all for repression/prevention on COKE and HEROIN and HARD SHIT, but please, let me puff my joint in peace. And let me have deep, profound psychedelic experiences once in a while.

Governments NEVER differenciate LSD from Coke or Weed from PCP or 2C-B from Heroin, etc. I'm sick and tired!

What's next? Prohibition????????????????????????? :! :! :! :! :! :\ :\ :\ :\

totally agreed dude FUCK STEPHEN HARPER AN HIS STUPID WAR ON DRUGS... HE DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT DRUGS WILL ALWAYS EXIST:!:! it's about time for the government to make a difference between good ol' marijuana and coke and heroin and shit like this... im getting fed up the stupid government attitude about drug :X and for this reason i say FUCK YOU STEPHEN HARPER!

MKUltra said:
^I dunno. Most of the media I've seen on this has been slanted against the government. I'm loving the Canadian media's reaction to this, actually.

the only reaction I've heard was @ Radio-Canada (french cbc) and it was negative! <3

Maclean's, Globe, Nat. Post will all trumpet the "New Priorities" with the new Throne Speech next week.

Dammit... just when I was looking into moving there.

You guys are still way ahead of the US in drug tolerance though.