• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Canada - Decriminalization of opioids to avoid the tainted supply

I don't want to hear any US commentators bitching about this because if people cannot get trihexyphenidyl and clonidine in the mail from Canada how will they get Canadian smack, it appears to follow . . . I have to say I wasn't surprised to hear one person on a US news channel in the past few days, some supposed expert bitching about Afghanistan pumping out all this pure H and op and within 10 minutes something about the fentanyl and other crap they look the other way about and snicker when it replaces a lot of the smack on the street in the US, in places where one could apparently get 83 per cent AIP Nº 4 smack on the street in the early part of the century . . .

You'd think these bastards carping about the gravy train fake opioid cri$i$ would be more gracious about yet another way they could make more money . . . after all, a heavy and recalcitrant drugs user caught in the vise of the courts, ignorant relatives and friends and others, and the rehab rackets can generate a million US dollars in insurance billings in short order if each time they come back they could be ringing the register for $50 to $125k or more . . . they've got to be so happy to see them back . . . of course, methadone OST cannot be made to have an economic equation like that unless connected by coercion to the racket, but the economics of buprenorphine look more and more disturbing the more I find out about it . . . par for the course for a mediocre narcotic not really used to its best potential these days in this situation, it appears . . . By the way, if a US doctor treating one for chronic pain tries to pressure you on to buprenorphine, especially Suboxone, or methadone, resist if you can -- it is a political trick and you will get on what is essentially a black list just like anyone else with those two medications on their record and you will never get proper treatment again. It was the news that regulators and insurance companies were leaning on "pain clinic" doctors in the region and system where I had my general practitioner, surgeons, and others who treated me properly for chronic pain, continuing many decades of such treatment, that made me decide it was time to leave and there was really no in-betwixt about it. Now of course, all the people who are not in a position to do that, fresh meat for the racketeers, basically . . ..

Last edited:
When I've seen the lists of what testing shows is really in putative MDMA it has curled my hair I must say . . . some of it is completely inert, then there are the non-stimulants including diazepam, alprazolam, benzo RCs, congeners pointing to untalented attempts to make methaqualone . . . some of it is comical: I take hyoscine/scopolamine medicinally and really like what it does mixed with oxycodone and morphine especially, but is anyone really going to think it is E? Much less atropine, nicotine (which is pharmacologically pretty much the opposite of hyoscine, atropine and so forth) and then there is gabapentin, diphenhydramine and still other non-stimulants . . . tramadol, O-DSMT and caffeine show a bit of a sense of humour, if a satanic one, if one is lucky but not quite lucky enough to get pure MDMA they can wind up with methamphetamine, dextroamphetamine, phentermine, methylphenidate, mazindol, MDA, and other amphetamine variants -- PMA not so lucky at all . . . on rare occasions C-Jam and Captagon show up in fractional amounts. Now, like with pot and everything else, fentanyl and other shit is showing up in it too, which makes it seem likely to me that people not normally part of the supply chain are involved, just like with smack and fake pills. O when people can either get the real stuff such as an ℞ for the equivalent of Basson Brownies or buy E at the grocers, petrol station, out of an underwear catalogue . . . it was known to be a very useful medication before it was outlawed back in the 1980s how perverse

Last edited:
When I've seen the lists of what testing shows is really in putative MDMA it has curled my hair I must say . . . some of it is completely inert, then there are the non-stimulants including diazepam, alprazolam, benzo RCs, congeners pointing to untalented attempts to make methaqualone . . . some of it is comical: I take hyoscine/scopolamine medicinally and really like what it does mixed with oxycodone and morphine especially, but is anyone really going to think it is E? Much less atropine, nicotine (which is pharmacologically pretty much the opposite of hyoscine, atropine and so forth) and then there is alprazolam, diphenhydramine and other non-stimulants . . . tramadol, O-DSMT and caffeine show a bit of a sense of humour, if a satanic one, if one is lucky but not quite lucky enough to get pure MDMA they can wind up with methamphetamine, dextroamphetamine, phentermine, methylphenidate, mazindol, MDA, and other amphetamine variants -- PMA not so lucky at all . . . on rare occasions C-Jam and Captagon show up in fractional amounts. O when people can either get the real stuff such as an Rx for the equivalent of Basson Brownies or buy E at the grocers, petrol station, out of an underwear catalogue . . .
well, as far as i know, nothing is Mdma..ever sincemy run with it i have yet to wake up covered in pregabalin and morphine since then, that Captagon stuff though, got any information to share about its effects? i'm looking at alternative stimulants right now, my crack use is way too high, my cross tolerance to amphetamine is absurd, i'm having a tough time right now, i've smoked about 40-50 grams of cocaine this month so far, i don't know how much amphetamine i've taken, alot, so somthing different in the mix might be the best thing

well, as far as i know, nothing is Mdma..ever sincemy run with it i have yet to wake up covered in pregabalin and morphine since then, that Captagon stuff though, got any information to share about its effects? i'm looking at alternative stimulants right now, my crack use is way too high, my cross tolerance to amphetamine is absurd, i'm having a tough time right now, i've smoked about 40-50 grams of cocaine this month so far, i don't know how much amphetamine i've taken, alot, so somthing different in the mix might be the best thing
Captagon is fenethylline, a stimulant popular in the Near East and South Central Asia; where and when in medicinal use it was in much the same pattern as methylphenidate &c . . . it is basically theophylline and amphetamine welded together and it is metabolised into them . . . I took it maybe five times to see what it was like and it would have been nice if they could have given to me as an ℞ for low blood pressure as they were trying pyrovalerone, caffeine, & vasopressin at the time and it wasn't very useful, but it was also hard to fine-tune Bennies and White Crosses and they reportedly had too much of a cardiovascular risk to mix with vasopressin, caffeine and so forth, and meth was used for what it was used for because it didn't raise blood pressure as much, which is also what the package inserts and so forth said about Captagon but I did have a rise of about 15 mmHg for both numbers to about 105/70 which was an improvement I could feel . . . The norephedrine analogue of fenethylline is called cafedrine and is used for hypotension in some countries. They tried making an analogue by combining chloral hydrate and dextroamphetamine at one point, sort of the same idea as dextroamphetamine mixed with barbiturates in Christmas Trees and Thorazine to make Eskatrol, all three of the drugs being for weight loss. There used to be a capsule with meth and pentobarbitone (known as Nembies and Yellow Jackets) in it too. I liked those especially and they were good to take with Percodan or Dillies before giving a speech; mixing speed-type stimulants and goof balls is known as a setup and is used clinically, of course, for various reasons . . .

. . I hear different opinions on supply and so forth, in the worst case scenario maybe they could make speed and Captagon brownies and chocolate-covered Bennies if the real stuff becomes rare, as for a some time oodles of it has been made in the B'iqa Valley of Lebanon by combatants in the Syrian clusterfuck for fundraising purposes, sort of like how students who are in extra-cirricular activities like band and student government sell chocolate bars; a lot of the same folks (in Lebanon, not the band kids, but you never know) also make all sorts of cannabis derivatives of the hashish and hash oil type, methaqualone, E, and dextromethamphetamine as well . . .

Last edited:
i'm looking at alternative stimulants right now, my crack use is way too high, my cross tolerance to amphetamine is absurd, i'm having a tough time right now, i've smoked about 40-50 grams of cocaine this month so far, i don't know how much amphetamine i've taken, alot, so somthing different in the mix might be the best thing
I assume you've already tried the white methamphetamine-and-caffeine pills that are popular in our neck of the woods? That's probably a pretty good analogue to fenethylline.

Has anyone tried filling the tank with selegiline and then eating one of those half-kilo chocolate bars? Maybe with a cigar?
SMOKING the cigar, not eating it

Playing Solitaire til dawn
With a deck of 31
Eatin cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
Now don't you tell me I've got nothing to do

Has anyone tried filling the tank with selegiline and then eating one of those half-kilo chocolate bars? Maybe with a cigar?
SMOKING the cigar, not eating it

Playing Solitaire til dawn
With a deck of 31
Eatin cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo
Now don't you tell me I've got nothing to do

I've taken selegiline (Jumex 5mg pill) followed by a PEA supplement (500mg or 1000mg, I think) -- it definitely provided an intense and somewhat nerve-racking stimulant sensation.

Regarding Captagon, from what I've read (there's a report in French that's pretty in-depth), most of it today is just amphetamine sulfate (rarely methamphetamine) and caffeine pressed into a tablet at pretty reasonable doses, with theophylline sometimes added as well.

Here, I found something I wrote down, but don't know from what source. A sample of several Captagon tablets in Iraq c. 2009 gave these results: Amphetamine 7-20mg; Caffeine 30-65mg; Theophylline 14-39mg; Paracetamol 9-21mg

I wonder if the paracetamol was added to reduce any rise in body temperature the mixture may cause? 21 mg may not be enough, but an antipyretic effect would be useful especially if one is taking the amphetamine-caffeine-theophylline-paracetamol mixture with trihexyphenidyl -- another popular drug in the Near East and Iraq in particular, often in 100 to 250 per cent of the usual therapeutic dose to get the euphoria, anxiolysis, and so forth and the tendency to make time fly like with hydrocodone and opium inter alia . . . and maybe 300 to 500 or more per cent to catalyse a Berserker type effect, especially with alcohol and/or usually mixed with C-Jam, Crank, Ice, ephedrine, Captagon, or other stimulants . . . There used to be a beautiful exposition with tables and photos and everything on the Sexy Trihexy at Wikipedia some time ago, but as with most of the drugs articles and all sorts of others like quite a few about political parties in many countries, software, operating systems, even the 11. September 2001 atrocities, the drawbridge crowd has really damaged the trihexyphenidyl article -- the kind of damage that the net.vigilantes of the mid and late 1990s would have liked to do to Usenet it seems . . . not even always following their own rules, which is to be expected, I suppose . . . There was also a gorgeous template navigation box for opioids which was destroyed too . . .

Last edited:

I keep hearing these American politicians who are in favour of decriminalisation keep talking about "getting them help" for people who get busted, but what if this is an untreated pain or intractable depression problem where narcotics, stimulants, and the like are actually helping them? They don't need to be pestered or forced into rehab, and that kind of "help" is a trifle Soviet to perfectly honest. Decriminalisation done and just left there does not improve the human rights situation one iota. I am sure a lot of political people say this because they still want the cheques from the rehab gangsters and cop and prison guard unions, of course

Last edited:
too bad nobody listens to experts. Jesus said thou shalt not do heroin, anyone that does deserves to die. Until you change what the general population thinks nothing changes.

I keep hearing these American politicians who are in favour of decriminalisation keep talking about "getting them help" for people who get busted, but what if this is an untreated pain or intractable depression problem where narcotics, stimulants, and the like are actually helping them? They don't need to be pestered or forced into rehab, and that kind of "help" is a trifle Soviet to perfectly honest. Decriminalisation done and just left there does not improve the human rights situation one iota. I am sure a lot of political people say this because they still want the cheques from the rehab gangsters and cop and prison guard unions, of course

I've been really enjoying reading your responses and gaining some wisdom. You're an intelligent person. I am one of these people, in the US, who feels this way. As in, I like and enjoy the positive benefits using drugs (especially opioids) provide me with and will never understand the "pro-abstinence" mindset or the forced stigmatization of euphoria or states of well being. There are addicts who can use responsibly and live their lives like normal if they are able to have a supply and source for their drug. Not all of us want to put drugs down. This is true in the maintenance scene as well, as people seem to think buprenorphine and methadone are strictly for 'getting off opiates', when really it is the opposite case and there is nothing wrong with that.

^ Agreed. That was the biggest disappointment about the US Presidential debate in my in my opinion. Just two old men, changing topics 20 times a second, blabbering confusingly, lost in their dementia-addled brains. Nonsense.

Get me a computer nerd up there who calculates the perfect algorithm for society. Don't need two of them to debate. ONE KING TO RULE THEM ALL

*Edit*: Didn't notice your "Canadians" comment. I'm Canadian myself. I think we have a lot of wisdom to give the world, learning from the Americans. Not to belittle them. We stand on the shoulders of giants.