• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Can you overdose hours after if constantly redosing all day?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
I have finally found heroin that actually works on me.

I smoke all day, taking a puff, then doing stuff until I feel like I having another psychological bump (maybe every 15 minutes)

Thing is, I never feel like overdosing at the moment, but in the nights I get very sleepy, almost can't control falling asleep. I have overdosed on noids before, and then I could clearly tell I am poisoned and might die. Now I only feel very tired and sleepy.

My question is, could I overdose and die without realizing it? And could it happen hours after the last hit when I go to sleep?

I don't nod right after smoking, I nod hours later that's why I am wondering. I am normally insomniac but if I smoke heroin all day I get very tired and sleepy in the night, and don't need benzos like I normally would to sleep.

I just don't know if this tiredness hours later is normal or if I am bordering OD without realizing it.

Can definitely happen. Particularly with diacetylmorphine (ie real heroin) which has a longer half life than fentanyl. It isn't common but it is possible. I remember smoking a bunch of tar heroin when I was no longer tolerant to opioids anymore, and I could definitely feel it accumulating in my system. This could eventually end in overdose if you already have a sizeable amount in your blood stream and then smoke more.

Oh absolutely. I'm sure its happened more than I would like to know. Probably happening right now to so many....

Anyway, this is a difficult question regarding the topic of HR. Heroin is variable more than ever these days. When it comes to opiates really trust your body. A seasoned drug addict with an opiate resume would know when the redose is dangerous. You can tell with your addict soul when it is too soon or too dangerous to risk the redose. Wait next day if you know the risk is there... We know the risk is there when it is there lol. The euphoria is a good indicator, but also only we know when our breath is altered. The euphoria is not present when you've been high all the time for like... I want to say a year or more which is usually the case? Even the euphoria can not indicate overdose threshold and how close you are to it directly since it will be blunted with regular use. There's just a sensation when you know its about to get a different level than "fun" and things can get dark (because you may never wake up again). I don't know if I've been close to it ever, but opiates turn into poison for me personally when the doses were just a lot or too soon. It actually has negative euphoric qualities (dysphoric). I struggle breathing and start chugging coffee to stay awake. Really just a waste of high since we like opiates. They should get you high not wondering if you are about to die when you fall asleep lol.

Narcan helps to have stashed away but... you won't want to administer that yourself. Could be a strangely bad time and you won't want to do it ever again. Just don't risk the redose if you feel good you know? Stupid to do and we all have done it I'm probably sure. What are you trying to achieve with that type of redose? It doesn't feel good.. even if the dopamine and endorphins are sending you to a great place there's something wrong happening and you just feel something wicked. Its like the drugs are beginning to want you to die. Before they were indifferent about you.

Everyone on here more or less wishes someone they know did not take the risk they did one night in particular. Unsaid how much they never got to see that after they passed away from this very topic how much we want them to take that mistake back. How hurt we are by it and how much we miss them. How much overdosing affects us.

Last edited: