• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Can SSRIs clear brain fog?

CrimpJiggler

Bluelighter
This depression issue I have has caused serious cognitive impairment/brain fog. I started taking sertraline a few weeks ago. Is it possible that if the sertraline works, that the brain fog might clear?

From my experience SSRIs cause brainfog by themselves. If you have been taking the Sertraline for ~3 weeks+ it should already work. It won't change its effects very much from now on unless you increase or lower the dosage...

Most ssri's cause congnitive issues, however in about 95% of the studies I've read, sertaline is the one ssri that affects congnitive abilities the least.

We can't really say whether your brain fog will lift, or not. The best we can give you is assumptions, and 'wait and see'.

I'll keep this open for a few more days to see if anyone else can shed some light on your inquiry.

IMO

Ssris snris and trycyclics are placebo at best and physically harmful at worst. Check out some case studies. They don't even pretend to know how these classes of drug should work to help anything let alone depression.

That said I've been on many anti depression meds and the side effects always made me quit n luckily before any dreaded withdrawal symptoms manifested.

Foggy brain or zombification is a common side effect of ssris.

I suggest seeing a therapist and working out the underlying causes of your depression.

I am not a doctor just a guinea pig.

your Brain fog is from usually leak gut, toxins, gut bacteria imbalance, vitamin deficiencys, methylation pathways being off, inflammation.

Possibly look into nootropics? Also, clean up your diet and exercise. Helps a lot for just about everyone, including me.