• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can psychedelics help with social anxiety and/or problems with talking???

exercise is crucial to my mental well being (as well as eating healthy).. it levels out my emotions, and keeps me from getting insanely depressed sometimes.

Absolutely. I've been feeling amazing, really the best I've ever felt, and I've been working out 5 days a week. This morning I woke up late and missed my usual workout time, and I was feeling down and anxious, and then at lunch I worked out and now I feel great again. It's so important that I will never again go without working out as part of my life. It's made the biggest difference in my life that anything ever has, in terms of feeling happy and healthy consistently.

Probably best to be a man of few words. Its all about body language. Make people impress you. What's there really to talk about these days anyway.

These kinda threads usually strike me as pretend. What do u do where u have to talk so much?

Probably just get wasted or listen to music etc with buddies right? Lol.

Women is who u nees to talk a lot with.

There is no real indication that they would help. Surely more people than just me took psychedelics believing the mumbo jumbo about what they can do to open your mind. There are as many different takes on what they can do as people who talk about them.

Anyways, psychotherapy might be good for you, never had it, but definitely a better chance.

You just sound inexperienced.

Probably best to be a man of few words. Its all about body language. Make people impress you. What's there really to talk about these days anyway.

These kinda threads usually strike me as pretend. What do u do where u have to talk so much?

Probably just get wasted or listen to music etc with buddies right? Lol.

Women is who u nees to talk a lot with.

Really? Personally I love conversing, it's very stimulating to me. There are a million things to talk about. Clearly the guy wishes he could be better at it, I get that, if I felt restricted from socializing because of anxiety or whatever it would really negatively affect me.

^lol. Reminds me of..
6:01

and
3:45

But yea i feel what yer saying. Not everyone digs philosophy though

Oops... I posted these in the wrong that they were actually about your issue... oh well.
You may want to talk more, but you already listen. Something way more important than talking. Communication is talking, listening, and having something worth sharing. You may not say anything at all but still be communicating better than most.

I hopefully understand your frustration and wish you the best of luck. I think what helped me communicate the most was opening up about what I was feeling without having it turned into a joke of some kind. You might talk more than you realize, or you may not really be missing out on as much as you believe.

Pay attention to any feeling you may have when trying to talk: tight stomach, sweaty palms. That might be an indication you feel threatened or intimidated when speaking. If you feel dizzy, short of breathe, you might be hesitating too much. Whatever it is, just blurting out whatever pops into your head might be a good place to start. Then think about what you said afterwards.
I think simply telling yourself you are going to be more sociable would do it. Visualize the goal and see yourself acheiving that goal. No different from any other kind of self encouragement. Don't expect to be able to sort out any reason, it probably does not really matter why this is happening. Talking is something people are capable of doing. Like I said, you might also just have unreasonable expectation and believe that you have a problem when you really don't. Any of this kind of thinking would help you to convince yourself to at least stop worrying about it.