• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Can increasing dopamine levels cause decreases in serotonin production?

Yes it can, but its not always permanent, maybe for some people it is though.
if I take adderall everyday since it increases DOPAMINE would that lead to low serotonin as long as I keep taking adderall will my serotonin stay low?
should have clarified

Only if for some reason you couldn't get your Adderall anymore. Yea, if you go weeks or months taking it every day, and then just STOP. Then there will be some problems.

uhm im not sure thats bad. it feels its much better to have stable positive supply of dopamine versus serotonin. honestly, wouldnt anyone want more dopamine versus serotonin or is that just me??

uhm im not sure thats bad. it feels its much better to have stable positive supply of dopamine versus serotonin. honestly, wouldnt anyone want more dopamine versus serotonin or is that just me??
yeah I agree with you 100%.. Thats why im asking.. I wanna boost my dopamine with drugs in order to keep my serotonin low and I was wondering if that will work.

if I take adderall everyday since it increases DOPAMINE would that lead to low serotonin as long as I keep taking adderall will my serotonin stay low?
should have clarified

If you keep taking large doses of Adderall on a daily basis to "decrease serotonin", I think the much more likely result is going to be stimulant psychosis. The Adderall is going to wear off in the evening, after all, and deciding to re-dose at that point and missing sleep is going to greatly increase your mental health issues.

OP, you are obviously suffering from tremendous anxiety and it is perfectly understandable that would try anything to make it better, but you should really try and reconsider your foregone conclusion that all you need to do to get better is to decrease serotonin at any cost.
In other threads you said Zyprexa gave you atleast some measure of relief, so it seems like a much more promising route to use that as a starting point for a drug regimen involving anxiolytic and mood-stabilizing drugs.

If you keep taking large doses of Adderall on a daily basis to "decrease serotonin", I think the much more likely result is going to be stimulant psychosis. The Adderall is going to wear off in the evening, after all, and deciding to re-dose at that point and missing sleep is going to greatly increase your mental health issues.

OP, you are obviously suffering from tremendous anxiety and it is perfectly understandable that would try anything to make it better, but you should really try and reconsider your foregone conclusion that all you need to do to get better is to decrease serotonin at any cost.
In other threads you said Zyprexa gave you atleast some measure of relief, so it seems like a much more promising route to use that as a starting point for a drug regimen involving anxiolytic and mood-stabilizing drugs.

zyprexa I thought it worked but i realized it was a antagonsist on many histamine recepotrs which was proabably why it made me think it worked for my anxiety-

No I dont wanna take adderall I found a different method and better way adderall was just an example
check this thread out i posted this is how I wanna increase my dopamine:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/839602-wellbutrin-sertraline-to-block-DAT-efficiently

that guy is right though. if you keep bumping up your dopamine with drugs or whatever methods possible, you WILL END UP psychotic. its a fact overexpression of dopamine leads to psychosis and schizophrenia. ive had personal experiences too where ill feel through drug abuse involving the dopamine system, ill feel like a schizo, paranoid and psychotic. i guess its just a nice fantasy to just think you need a lot of dopamine to feel good...