• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Can I substitute Adderall/Ritalin with speed?

Daddydopedick

Bluelighter
I'm aware that Adderall/Ritalin are essentially slow release amphetamines. I have ADHD and I've been waiting forever for a diagnosis and treatment/medication so I need something for the time being. I don't have much knowledge surrounding this topic so be nice.

Firstly, are there types of speed that are better suited to substitute these medications and secondly, what dose am I looking at for what I'm using it for? I aren't looking for recreational use, I struggle to focus and need something that will help me so I'm thinking about microdosing speed.

I've read up on making your own extended release capsules and found that if you mix cellulose powder with whatever it is you have, speed in my case, that it can work. I saw other methods involving lecithin/wax, but that seemed too complicated to me.

I'm just wondering if anybody here has experience with this or knowledge on whether it would work; more so knowledge on the speed in small doses working as opposed to the time release part.

I think I should add that I'm wanting the speed to be able to concentrate better and be able to study without procrastinating; similar effects to that if what Adderall/Ritalin give you.

Any help or answers would be appreciated, thanks!

You're in the UK so the answer is no - unless you happen to chance upon a dealer that actually sells amphetamine as opposed to a mixture of glucose, caffeine and acetone...

You're in the UK so the answer is no - unless you happen to chance upon a dealer that actually sells amphetamine as opposed to a mixture of glucose, caffeine and acetone...
There are plenty of vendors on the DW that sell imported stuff. I can source good speed, that part isn't an issue for me. In all fairness, speed is pretty common in the UK and I know plenty of people that use/have used it. There are plenty of dealers that sell actual speed/amphetamines too, it's not rare to any extent. I don't use street dealers anyway, as stated, I use the DW to source my goods and always use reputable vendors with good feedback. Why is it that you think speed is practically none-existent in the UK?

Besides that, are you suggesting that it is feasible?

Last edited:
There are plenty of vendors on the DW that sell imported stuff. I can source good speed, that part isn't an issue for me. In all fairness, speed is pretty common in the UK and I know plenty of people that use/have used it. There are plenty of dealers that sell actual speed/amphetamines too, it's not rare to any extent. Why is it that you think speed is practically none-existent in the UK?

Besides that, are you suggesting that it is feasible?

Feasible? Maybe. But if I could get prescription Adderall I wouldn't entertain the shit being sold as speed these days. Even methylphenidate is better than pub speed.

Beware of those DW vendors - they just use more caffeine and acetone...

Feasible? Maybe. But if I could get prescription Adderall I wouldn't entertain the shit being sold as speed these days. Even methylphenidate is better than pub speed.

Beware of those DW vendors - they just use more caffeine and acetone...
Yeah it's hard to get hold of the meds I need because I've been waiting for a diagnosis and the process has taken ages, especially due to Covid. I wouldn't be considering this if I could get what I needed now and buying Adderall/Ritalin alone is too expensive for me.

Phet is extremely abundant here and easy to get hold of, whether it's good or not would vary depending on the dealer but I don't use street dealers & haven't had phet so I wouldn't know. I agree, you get plenty of dodgy DW vendors but once you know what to look for/know what you're doing you always get what you seek. I've been using it for ~5 years and never had an issue. Just gotta make sure you go for big, reputable sellers with lots of good feedback. Avoid smaller vendors like the plague. I've used testing kits a number of times and always had good results; DW is certainly safer than street sellers as long as you know what to look for.

Besides that, you mentioned methylphenidate, would that be better suited? Like I said, I don't know that much surrounding this category of drugs.

If you have any suggestions that I could use to microdose in the extended release capsules in replacement of the meds I need then it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Amphetamine works quite well, much better than methylphenidate imo.
But you gotta watch out with the dosing, keep it strict, oral only etc.... Never tried extended release capsules myself but sounds like a good idea.

I'm of the opinion that it's better to take street amphetamine, which obviously isn't good for you, than to fail horribly at everything.

Yeah, adderall and ritalin and dextroamphetamine aren't the same. Amphetamine is longer acting, less of a cardiac stimulant, but that only applies to the dextro isomer of it. Speed usually contains both isomers (levo & dextro) as well as some cutting agents so you might end up with something worse than methylphenidate (the drug isn't bad but its side effects are).

As long as you keep dosage low you'll be ok but know that illicitly sources substances will be more toxic than their pharmaceutical counterparts due to synth leftovers etc. so if there's a possibility for, you want to take real clean pharm stuff daily and not some shady cut shit.

Amphetamine works quite well, much better than methylphenidate imo.
But you gotta watch out with the dosing, keep it strict, oral only etc.... Never tried extended release capsules myself but sounds like a good idea.

I'm of the opinion that it's better to take street amphetamine, which obviously isn't good for you, than to fail horribly at everything.
Thanks for the info. I like to avoid street drugs, you never know where it's sourced or what's in them. On the DW it works like Amazon. You get hundreds/thousands of reviews and can look through those and what people have to day about the product. Online it's a competitive market, so big vendors are always in competition to deliver the best stuff.

Some people have an aversion to buying from the DW as it's seen as this dark and dodgy place but it's far safer than you'd think as long as you're not an idiot and just order from any old vendor. Certainly safer than street drugs.

Thanks again for the info.

I know how the DW works but let me tell you that I nearly died off some batches of deschloroketamine I bought from so-called reputable vendors out there, one was later analyzed by police and showed to contain some beta-ketone stim. But yeah overall DW is preferable to the street.

Yeah, adderall and ritalin and dextroamphetamine aren't the same. Amphetamine is longer acting, less of a cardiac stimulant, but that only applies to the dextro isomer of it. Speed usually contains both isomers (levo & dextro) as well as some cutting agents so you might end up with something worse than methylphenidate (the drug isn't bad but its side effects are).

As long as you keep dosage low you'll be ok but know that illicitly sources substances will be more toxic than their pharmaceutical counterparts due to synth leftovers etc. so if there's a possibility for, you want to take real clean pharm stuff daily and not some shady cut shit.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I agree, illicit sources are never as clean as pharma-grade stuff, no matter what is is (unless you have Walter White making it.)

I know I can source good amphetamine and I'll probably get s testing kit for it as well. Most of it on the DW is imported from Holland.

Thanks for the info. I like to avoid street drugs, you never know where it's sourced or what's in them. On the DW it works like Amazon. You get hundreds/thousands of reviews and can look through those and what people have to day about the product. Online it's a competitive market, so big vendors are always in competition to deliver the best stuff.

Some people have an aversion to buying from the DW as it's seen as this dark and dodgy place but it's far safer than you'd think as long as you're not an idiot and just order from any old vendor. Certainly safer than street drugs.

Thanks again for the info.
I agree, but it can take a while to find a "good" vendor. Even on the DW there is A LOT of shit speed.

Good luck with the diagnosis. I heard that it's a very hard and long process in the UK. I don't even have an official diagnosis but since it was so obvious my psychiatrist just prescribed me methylphenidate.

I know how the DW works but let me tell you that I nearly died off some batches of deschloroketamine I bought from so-called reputable vendors out there, one was later analyzed by police and showed to contain some beta-ketone stim. But yeah overall DW is preferable to the street.
Yeah, you're right. The DW isn't 100% safe and things can go wrong even when you expect them not to. But it's certainly safer than purchasing on the street.

The issue with the DW atm is that markets keep opening and closing. By the time a main market has all the big, reliable sellers, it'll shut and all the vendors will scatter, build up on a new site and repeat.

It would be nice if we could get a solid, lasting market and the government just gave up trying to get rid of them.

Id highly suggest sending anything you buy to WEDINOS just to be safe, most speed that I've seen sold on the DW has come back with a major caffeine cut and if you're lucky it will contain amphetamine but there have been a few good vendors for speed in the past, I'm just not sure if they're still about. Good luck👍

I agree, but it can take a while to find a "good" vendor. Even on the DW there is A LOT of shit speed.

Good luck with the diagnosis. I heard that it's a very hard and long process in the UK. I don't even have an official diagnosis but since it was so obvious my psychiatrist just prescribed me methylphenidate.
Yeah you're right, I recently got my mate that wanted some speed, some speed and they said it was really good. It was said to be a Dutch import and she liked it so🤷‍♂️

I'll probably buy small samples and use testing kits.

It is a long process in the UK yeah. One, because it's free healthcare and there's a long queue and two, mental healthcare is mega underfunded here.

There's always the option to go private though which I'm thinking about doing. They said it'd cost around £700 for treatment and medication which isn't bad when you compare it to places where healthcare isn't free. I may be able to get it done privately for free if my GP approves which is something I need to chase up atm. You just reminded me.

Id highly suggest sending anything you buy to WEDINOS just to be safe, most speed that I've seen sold on the DW has come back with a major caffeine cut and if you're lucky it will contain amphetamine but there have been a few good vendors for speed in the past, I'm just not sure if they're still about. Good luck👍
Cheers man, appreciate it. How much does it cost to send stuff to this place to have it tested and where is it based?

Cheers man, appreciate it. How much does it cost to send stuff to this place to have it tested and where is it based?
They're based in wales and the only cost to you is the cost of sending the sample to them, It's a great service and I've used them plenty of times and usually only takes 3-7 days to get the results back.

That link lays out instructions of how you can send in your sample, if you need help filling in the form just let me know and I'll walk you through it.

That's brilliant, had no idea about this place. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. Will deffo use this in the future 👍🌛

If any were to be substituted, amphetamine sulfate would likely be the way to go. Sounds like you have access to that. I wouldn't bother even trying with other types of stimulants.

But that said, if you have access to dnm, why not just get Adderall/Dexedrine/Vyvanse on there? Skip the speed paste altogether.

But that said, if you have access to dnm, why not just get Adderall/Dexedrine/Vyvanse on there? Skip the speed paste altogether.
Price? It's been some time since the Onion saw me last but then speed paste was dirt cheap while all the pharms, be it Vyvanse or Oxycodone, were astronomically priced. At least I wonder wtf buys them.

Price? It's been some time since the Onion saw me last but then speed paste was dirt cheap while all the pharms, be it Vyvanse or Oxycodone, were astronomically priced. At least I wonder wtf buys them.
True. But ya get what you pay for usually. There are also online pharma style sources that might be more affordable. At least in my experience. It's at least cheaper than what you would find on the street generally. I have no experience with UK type amphetamine sulfate so I don't know how it compares quality wise.