• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can datura be enjoyable in a perfect, safe setting

Do you at least standardize your datura to be able to titrate accurately?

I think I read someone getting really negative lasting effects from datura, iirc it was a vision problem...

IMO you shouldn't want to go there [delirium], I have a lot of curiosity generally but that seems like morbid curiosity.

I confess I am one of few who can't live without Deliriants, I often combine a very small amount of Deliriants (such as Datura and DPH) with Opiates, Psychedelics and Dissociatives. I often find myself talking to imaginary friends while being high on Datura.

Below are the list of all positive effects I get from using Datura:
  • Frank Hallucinations.
  • Feeling like being under the earth.
  • Hearing voices from inside.
  • A positive black out.
  • Sedation and Calmness.
  • Snaping back to myself once a while amid the hallucinations.
  • Having the desire to organize and clean.
  • Insomnia (at high doses)
And here is the list of some unwanted (or side) effects I experience whne I'm on Datura:
  • Dry mouth, dehydration and slurred speech.
  • Convulsions (at high doses)
  • Depression.
  • Agitation.

Always start from low doses and keep in mind that tripping on Datura is not quite pleasant, the more u take the worse u feel.
r
I believe urinary tract complications, inherent heart complications, and lasting cognitive impairments should also be listed. Allthough your post is nothing more than anecdotal evidence, (and it should be treated as such) there is going to be someone who reads this post and possibly conclude that the ingestion of tropane alkaloids is somehow "safe".

That is a very good point... I guess some people come here asking a question formulated in a way that suggests that they will settle for at least one person supporting their idea. Often to do something dangerous / harmful. In this case it could lead one to think that "datura *can* be enjoyable", disregarding the real questions about odds and risk vs benefit considerations etc.
Often people are so fixated on doing something dangerous already that they go through with it even if nobody supports it, some of those times because they give the forum almost no time at all to respond before they proceed.

I'm not trying to pigeonhole anyone here and the OP sounds rather like there is a different reason for considering datura. It may be a bit hubrous or a matter of youthful arrogance to think that 'most other people must just be doing it wrong', although I can actually see how you might think that.
That seems to misunderstand the nature of a delirium though, in which often there is a loss of inhibition and self-awareness/reflection or realistic thought that can lead people to behavior they had not planned on (like being in public etc).

There are various risks to datura that can't really be eliminated and some of them not easily, for example standardizing and titration would require multiple careful tries before you would have the intensity of experience you are looking for... not something you just jump into on one isolated occasion in that house you have access to. Which by the way if not your own house seems like an ever worse idea.
A trip sitter is also not someone who ultimately has perfect control over a situation, nor someone who necessarily knows what to do when you're off in a delirium.

Just don't use them.

Which psychedelics and dissociatives do you take in Iran?

Most popular Dissociatives in Iran:

• Memantine
  • Dexoxadrol
  • PCP
  • DXM
  • Ketamine
  • Nitrous Oxide

And... below are the list of all popular Psychcdedelics in Iran:

• LSA.
  • LSD (Very pricey today, not available at all black markets.)
  • Myristicin (It's a Psychedelic substance, contrary to popular beliefs.)
  • Syrian Rue.
  • THC/Cannabis.
  • Shrooms.

Some Iranians would rather stick with Narcotics than Hallucinogens, but I think I like all sorts of Psychoactives.

I don't recommend datura for tripping at all don't feel like telling my story but it wasn't fun. However I do enjoy smoking datura (Jimson weed is everywhere around here so I take advantage, like a free weed substitute) in my experience smoking it has never caused anything like the delerious hell caused by the other ROAs, just makes me feel super stoned for hours. I only smoke leaves and sometimes flowers from the very small plants, I usually dry them very lttle or just try to sqeeze some of the moisture out with a paper towel. I only smoke 1-2 small leaves at a time, rolling them with some tobacco works ok but smoking it in a bong is much better. I wouldn't even recommend smoking it to anyone else because it's such a dangerous drug just cause it works great for me doesn't mean it won't act drastically differently on you it's just too unpredictable.

I tripped on all strains of Datura several years in my life, around 200-300 times. Yes, I am still alive, for whoever remembers me.

What can I tell you from personal experience, Datura will always dictate the trip without asking you about much, that's how I ended up naked on the streets, naked in my neighbor's garden, naked on corn fields in the winter, eating cow feces, drinking my piss because I believed I could convert piss into wine by urinating in an empty bottle of wine and many more, wrote a book about my trips on datura, should publish it though. Also ended up in the hospital more times than I can remember, I imagine the docs saying: ''oh, it's the naked guy again..''.

So, my advice, do what you want.

I enjoy eating 2-3 seeds when I have nausea. Sometimes I eat a few more. Always pleasant....cant say I feel much from the low dose other than some relaxation. So yes...one can enjoy datura in the right setting.

Hey all I recently found some datura in the wilderness. I have access to a house that I could potentially spend a whole weekend at, with no parents or anything around. I could bring close friends to trip sit, and would potentially have access to anything I'd need. Could I have a good time on a reasonable dose? We've all read the bad trip stories, but it seems like in a lot if those people do it in the wrong setting, ie around authority figures or in public.

No, never.

I think there is a lot to be said for "if you have to ask...then the answer is no" but moreover it is against your BL user agreement to ask us if you should datura it up so someone, maybe me, should report your post to the proper authorities.

I have done datura three times. I must not have taken very much because I only experienced hallucinations when I closed my eyes. I've only ever eaten the seeds. I really enjoyed it. It was nothing like any of the other hallucinagins I've used. It was a real out of body experience where I could walk around and pick things up. One of the times I was at a friend's house and when i closed my eyes, I was still in the same house but in a different time period. The wall paper was different and the people in the pictures on the walls were different people, all the furniture was of an older style and so was the carpet. I was thrown into an instant dream everytime I closed my eyes and only realised it wasn't real and that I had not left the couch I was sitting on when I'd open my eyes again. I would definitely do it again but I'm really into anything related to dreaming to the point that I stopped taking my medications for night terrors because they stopped me from dreaming completely.
Anyways, aside from my experience being a positive one, I wouldn't encourage anyone to try it simply because it is dangerous and very easy to take way too much and end up dead. It is definitely not something that you should use "for fun" and it should definitely be used with respect and with the right intentions.

I have done datura three times. I must not have taken very much because I only experienced hallucinations when I closed my eyes. I've only ever eaten the seeds. I really enjoyed it. It was nothing like any of the other hallucinagins I've used. It was a real out of body experience where I could walk around and pick things up. One of the times I was at a friend's house and when i closed my eyes, I was still in the same house but in a different time period. The wall paper was different and the people in the pictures on the walls were different people, all the furniture was of an older style and so was the carpet. I was thrown into an instant dream everytime I closed my eyes and only realised it wasn't real and that I had not left the couch I was sitting on when I'd open my eyes again. I would definitely do it again but I'm really into anything related to dreaming to the point that I stopped taking my medications for night terrors because they stopped me from dreaming completely.
Anyways, aside from my experience being a positive one, I wouldn't encourage anyone to try it simply because it is dangerous and very easy to take way too much and end up dead. It is definitely not something that you should use "for fun" and it should definitely be used with respect and with the right intentions.

I witnessed first-hand, as in visually infront of me, in a rehab I was in at the time, a guy swallow a few hundred seeds at once.

Don't know how many pods he got it from (how inept if the people running the rehab to have Datura freely growing all over the fucking show) but then I had to take care of the guy and did the best I could. I kept him in our room as long as I could but being in a rehab the other druggies caught on quick

One guy was even like a loudspeaker infront of everyone: "John-Doe, your pupils are biiiiiig braaaaaaa". It was over, I gave up my baby sitting and just witnessed the rest. He caused havoc. Opened all the showers at once, spilled coffee all over the beds, made imaginary coffee doing all the motions of spoon then water then stirring then drinking oh my fucking soul.

Long story short obviously some staff member was notified and was taken to the hospital and an hour later he was in I.C.U. Thank the lord for that as he stopped breathing on his own (he fell asleep sometime) and was put on life support.

Some say that I should have said something earlier but he didn't do it alone, another guy and him shared a pod but after an hour after dinner he wasn't satisfied with the mild trippy feeling like the other guy who he did it with (the other guy had the giggles non-stop and couldn't even bring the fork to his mouth without messing all over himself and the people next to him with each bite) and then only later that evening did I witness him eat the rest. I don't narc on nobody dude, I'm no rat.

Obviously if I am in the immediate presence of something going on and see someone do something and become unresponsive or anything even close to that I would do something immediately without hesitation, but that in itself is an entirely different scenario where the setting and substance/s in question plays a huge role and also where basic human ethics are applicable, full stop

Long story short, I myself have thought about taking Datura, but after what I witnessed IN A REHAB FACILITY for fuck sakes, I would never.

Jesus, some people just can't seem to keep from overdoing things. The experience I got was awesome enough for me to remember it for over ten years and I only took somewhere around 60 seeds. I didn't lose control over anything. My coordination was still intact and everything. I was however introduced to it by a close friend who, like me, researches the hell out of things before jumping into them so I trusted his dosage guidelines. It probably helps to be in a comfortable environment as opposed to a rehab center packed with people not of your choosing;)
What happened to the guy? Did he make it?

As others have already started, if you're looking for a "trip", I'd stay clear of datura.. The mental preparation and stability needed to have an enjoyable high are very difficult to achieve, especially with other newbies around. I tried it with some friends years ago and it triggered dormant schizophrenia in one of them and pretty much scarred the rest of us for life. The only good thing I can say about that night and the 4 days it took for my brain to return to normal is that I no longer fear hell or even death for that matter.. It was the absolute worse experience I've had with drugs and I've had some f****** bad ones!

BUT... In a very controled setting with lots (weeks) of mental preparation and an experienced sitter as I did years later, it can be one of the deepest experience you'll ever have! But still more of a spiritual journey than a trip though. It cleared up a lot of the nasty stuff that was going on in my head and I Haven't needed anxiety or depression meds ever since

Well, tell us more!

BUT... In a very controled setting with lots (weeks) of mental preparation and an experienced sitter as I did years later, it can be one of the deepest experience you'll ever have! But still more of a spiritual journey than a trip though. It cleared up a lot of the nasty stuff that was going on in my head and I Haven't needed anxiety or depression meds ever since

Well, tell us more!

Most of it is quite vague and all blurred now but I'll do my best. It happened in a spiritual retreat that I found after failing to reach any significant enlightenment with my personal experiments. After about a month of back and forth communication so they would be convinced I wasn't just looking for a trip, I was finally invited to join one of the week long sessions. I was instructed to not consume any drugs or alcohol for 2 weeks before hand and to meditate as much as possible on what I wished to achieve. The first 3 days were more meditation and training to try to have some control over the experience. I was then judged ready to proceed by the "shaman" and allowed to proceed to one of the cabins with my sitter (referred to as Guide). We then sat on mats on the floor and I drank the datura concoction while he started the final meditation to send me off the the other realm (what they called the experience). I sat there meditating for about half an hour before it felt like the floor was melting under me and when I opened my eyes, it really was melting under me. I tried telling my Guide but wasn't able to speak and he just told me "don't be scared, you're ready". The next thing I remember was my mom holding me after my birth, followed by various experiences throughout my life. When I reached the cabin again, the roof opened up and I was projected into space. I floated throughout the universe for what seemed like years before waking up in an unknown space that looked like a cave. There was a strange being there and we had a lengthy conversation about my purpose in the universe but I unfortunately can't remember most of it. He then told me I was ready to go and propelled me out of the cave and I regained consciousness sitting on of the counter that was in the cabin. At this point I had no idea who I was and why I was there. After my guide spent a few minutes bringing me back to reality, I asked him how long I was gone. 4 godamn minutes lol. The next 7 hours were spent talking about my experience with a few various jumps in and out of reality and almost continual hallucinations like bending walls and people from my past being in the cabin. At this point we met up with the rest of the group and had conversations about what we went through, complete with more hallucinations of them changing into various beasts and even being in completely different places. We then went to sleep, and I woke up still quite out of it and not remembering a single thing from the day before. I joined the others for breakfast and found out none of them had many memories either. That day was spent alone with our guides again for more meditation and memory exercises to remember as much of the experience as possible. This was filled with other mild hallucinations, visual distortions and very strange feelings in my body like having extra or missing limbs and things touching me. The last 2 days were relaxation and recuperating with plenty more visual distortions.
I do remember a bit more but had to leave it out as it's extremely personal stuff.

Btw, I love your username! Had some pretty awesome experiences with those too!

Very interesting, thank you for sharing! How much of the experience do you remember? Was a lot of the spirit work done in the background (which I assume since you don't remember much) or did it take your full involvement to acheive a successful trip?

Most of it is quite vague and all blurred now but I'll do my best. It happened in a spiritual retreat that I found after failing to reach any significant enlightenment with my personal experiments. After about a month of back and forth communication so they would be convinced I wasn't just looking for a trip, I was finally invited to join one of the week long sessions. I was instructed to not consume any drugs or alcohol for 2 weeks before hand and to meditate as much as possible on what I wished to achieve. The first 3 days were more meditation and training to try to have some control over the experience. I was then judged ready to proceed by the "shaman" and allowed to proceed to one of the cabins with my sitter (referred to as Guide). We then sat on mats on the floor and I drank the datura concoction while he started the final meditation to send me off the the other realm (what they called the experience). I sat there meditating for about half an hour before it felt like the floor was melting under me and when I opened my eyes, it really was melting under me. I tried telling my Guide but wasn't able to speak and he just told me "don't be scared, you're ready". The next thing I remember was my mom holding me after my birth, followed by various experiences throughout my life. When I reached the cabin again, the roof opened up and I was projected into space. I floated throughout the universe for what seemed like years before waking up in an unknown space that looked like a cave. There was a strange being there and we had a lengthy conversation about my purpose in the universe but I unfortunately can't remember most of it. He then told me I was ready to go and propelled me out of the cave and I regained consciousness sitting on of the counter that was in the cabin. At this point I had no idea who I was and why I was there. After my guide spent a few minutes bringing me back to reality, I asked him how long I was gone. 4 godamn minutes lol. The next 7 hours were spent talking about my experience with a few various jumps in and out of reality and almost continual hallucinations like bending walls and people from my past being in the cabin. At this point we met up with the rest of the group and had conversations about what we went through, complete with more hallucinations of them changing into various beasts and even being in completely different places. We then went to sleep, and I woke up still quite out of it and not remembering a single thing from the day before. I joined the others for breakfast and found out none of them had many memories either. That day was spent alone with our guides again for more meditation and memory exercises to remember as much of the experience as possible. This was filled with other mild hallucinations, visual distortions and very strange feelings in my body like having extra or missing limbs and things touching me. The last 2 days were relaxation and recuperating with plenty more visual distortions.
I do remember a bit more but had to leave it out as it's extremely personal stuff.

Btw, I love your username! Had some pretty awesome experiences with those too!

Very interesting, thank you for sharing! How much of the experience do you remember? Was a lot of the spirit work done in the background (which I assume since you don't remember much) or did it take your full involvement to acheive a successful trip?

I'd say I probably remember about half of the whole thing and maybe a quarter of when I was totally gone. But I have no recollection whatsoever of what my body was doing when I was gone and we weren't aloud to ask the guide about it.
I think the meditation prior to it made a difference in how relaxed I was through the whole thing but I had no control at all.. I'm not really sure why it left me with that much peace of mind either tbh since what I do remember wasn't especially meaningful. I kinda figure it's all somewhere in my subconscious and working in the background. Sorry I can't be clearer but I never really understood myself lol.

I totally understand. My (first) iboga experience was like that as far as so much happened in the background....I had no idea of all that was being downloaded into my brain...indeed it was a couple weeks before all of the gains were apparent. Like the diet changes....at no time during my trip was food, or nutrition explained to me, yet when I was fully down (like a week later) I found myself cooking/eating like a genuine health nut. I swear the plant had installed a healthy eating program which still guides me to this day.

Allah blesses our plant n spirit guides!

I totally understand. My (first) iboga experience was like that as far as so much happened in the background....I had no idea of all that was being downloaded into my brain...indeed it was a couple weeks before all of the gains were apparent. Like the diet changes....at no time during my trip was food, or nutrition explained to me, yet when I was fully down (like a week later) I found myself cooking/eating like a genuine health nut. I swear the plant had installed a healthy eating program which still guides me to this day.

I haven't tried iboga yet.. Been thinking about it for years but I'm a bit scared to try it alone and finding a sober sitter isn't easy. I've also been a bit nervous with anything that gives full on visions since I've had a few traumatic experiences (not drug related) in the past few years that I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with so head on.

Exactly the same for me. Also with working out and, of course, opiate addiction. There were some dreams during the trip that abstractly referenced my opiate addiction for sure, though nothing was ever head-on. I never reviewed parts of my life or anything, it was much more abstract and strange. A week afterwards, everything clicked into place and I just suddenly felt healthy and strong. There was never at any point anything consciously referencing my eating habits or physical health in my trip. It was like it was all happening subconsciously, totally behind the scenes. The changes in patterns and self-perception remain to this day, although I have need of revising some of my patterns lately to nudge them back towards the ideal place (it's been over 3 years since my flood dose)

(This is about iboga just to be clear)