• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Can´t bring myself to try psychs again despite really wanting to...

I can't stand shrooms. Too nauseating.

Don't do it. Or do it and maybe find you're over it. Do a different substance. To be honest, doing it as an adult I haven't found the same amazing experience as when I was younger, coming of age.

If psychedelics are the most meaningful thing in your life, even after 8years of not daring to trip, there might be something missing in your life other than drugs.

And don't feel embarrassed. I've felt how you've felt. Drugs are powerful and so are our brains. It's not shameful to be scared of both of them. If you're around people who make you feel ashamed, tell them to grow up. If they are making you feel bad, it might be because of some deeply suppressed anxiety of their own. And don't trip with them. If you trip, do it with people who are understanding and reassuring (perhaps people on a lighter dose than you). You do have the advantage that, having tripped many times before, you know your body can handle it. So trust your instincts.

Oh, and one other thing that could actually help a lot: try getting good at meditating. If you can train your brain for a while beforehand, you'll have a mechanism to use to deal with anxiety when on the trip.

I agree with OP. I find that psys can be the most rewarding of all drugs imo. I can't bring myself to take them again though. I had a seriously bad panic attack on DMT not that long ago which was horrific. I can't even try to think about the situation as it causes me to become extremely anxious and start to panic.
Maybe one day I'll mentally be over it and be able to use them again. Until then dissos will have to be my trips of choice.

That's too bad really... especially considering DMT is so powerful / intense... there certainly are much more easygoing psychedelics. If you do get over it (sounds like it would be good to work on it even if you never trip again, but I imagine you try and its probably not easy), and decide tro try something again, personally I'd go for 2C-C... it's so non-threatening.

Try starting with a micro dose. Then a little more next time. I too am a long time lurker and am going to try again. I have some lines out.
One thing about shrooms is they are completely unpredictable. We used to jump fences and use empty ice bags, fill them full. I'd tear off pieces like a pizza slice and eat them until I felt like I would puke if I ate another piece. Either that or cook a potfull and make electric koolade... it worked, I don't care what anyone says. HOWEVER, one evening a friend and I gathered a few and ate them. Three hours in.... NOTHING. Nothing at all, then like a ton of bricks, all at once we were soaring.
I used to enjoy drinking a 12 pack of beer and washing down shrooms, there's nothing quite like spinning, double vision with patterns on everything... then stumbling back down into the pasture around midnight with a flashlight looking for more... showing up 4 hours late for work the next day and getting fired, lol! It's all good when you're young though.
White Lightening LSD... into a horse pasture. The horses coming around us, sort of weaving in and out... thought they were going to crush us between them but they didn't. They had jewels all down their faces... still, we got out. It was at Penland school in NC. We went to the glassblowing and watched the fire and listened to what sounded like Hendrix coming from the woods behind... was probably crickets.
Start low... and enjoy. Have some benzos handy, sometimes lower doses can be worse (more easily a bad trip) that higher doses because you can still reason too much but a micro dose shouldn't do that. The ONLY trip I ever had that was close to a bad trip was some weak acid. It was OK until we went to a friends house and he put the movie "Marijuana: Assassin of Youth" on to play and I became convinced that it was about me, personally... I got over it without freaking out but I didn't like it. That was in the 80s, a good 15 years after most of my tripping. I too am ready again. I too am apprehensive but I'll do it, though I'll start slow and take the advice to check that it isn't NBOMe. cut a corner or a bit and put a UV light on it. Lucy will fluoresce, NBOMe will not. I'm VERY much interested in the 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-MiPT that is available some places. I think it sounds interesting but I would still start at the threshold doses. You could always order some San Pedro, do a polar/non-polar extraction (easy) and have some mescaline. Its nice! Mescalito can be tricky though, just like shrooms.
I wish you the best but get yourself in the right frame of mind before you do anything. If you want to do it. Convince yourself that you ARE going to LOVE it. Take it slow, have some weed and some benzos handy... and a friend if possible... you know how time gets distorted, because there really is no such thing as time. If there is no beginning and no end (how could there be either?) Then everything is actually NOW. Everything is a moment. Eternity is a moment if there is no beginning and no end... remember that if things start to get worrisome and just be.
J

Phenethylamines aren't that hard to deal with. I consider them easy to abuse or have a good time. Tryptamines on the other hand... good luck. I don't consume either often. I'm sort of wary considering I hate my job and current situation. Easy to fix but $300 on beer a month makes it easy to avoid. I could use a breakthrough but waking up every morning feeling like my third eye has gone toxic with alcohol only lasts 16 hours.

Sorry to derail. I hate it here.

Hi guys,

OP here. I just wanted to post a little update. Yesterday I tripped again after 10 years of psychedelic abstinence. I overcame my fear and took 2g of powdered shrooms in pills and went to a forrest with a friend. We both preloaded wit 0,5mg of Lorazepam to take the edge of and I am very happy wie did so. The comeup was very intense and the Tavor helped to smooth it out. It was pretty uncomfortable, but it was always possible to push the anxiety away. I will always preload with a little benzo now until I am really comfortable with psychs again. I heard benzos diminish the visuals, but oh boy the visuals were insane. I can´t belive how something like that is possible on just 2g, because I tripped harder than ever before and my highest dose was nearly 3,5g. So I guess my shrooms are really fucking potent. Visuals were mindblowing...haven´t seen something like it before. They were 3 dimensional in nature almost. Hard to describe. Amazing. I was totally taken by surprise, because I thought on just 2g and a benzo nothing much would happen...

Unfortunately I took another 0,5mg of Lorazepam while on the peak, because time was extremely dilated and I thought the first 0,5mg had already worn of. This was too much and it cut off all the visuals for me and ended my peak after only 45min or so (seemed like days already). The comedown and the afterglow was amazing. We made a fire and I felt so much at peace like I haven´t in years. Feeling was kind of like MDMA, but so much better.

So I am really happy that I tried it and now I know that benzos can bring me back reliably (I needed to have that experience) I am a lot more confident! I still mourn the fact that I have killed that awesome peak, but I learned a lot yesterday!!

Happy tripping, guys :)

This sounds really terrifying! I hope you´ll get better :|
You think dissociatives are a lot more managable than psychs ?
It was pretty damn terrifying indeed, I did gain something positive from the experience though. It has helped me break most of my mental attachments to drugs.
Dissociatives are pretty manageable for me. I limit the amount I buy and how often I buy them. I'm aware that I'd just keep going and going if not, which would lose the benefits to extreme tolerance (already high from Methoxetamine binging for a year or so) and cause who knows what damage to myself.
I treat them the same as one would serotogenic psychedelics, lots of respect and allowing plenty of time between use.
They're definitely one of the most useful substances for me now. Nothing compared to psychedelics but very useful nevertheless. I just wish I didn't have issues with now. Panic attack aside I find I rarely get anything in a visual aspect, usually end up with physical discomfort/exacerbated pains in my feet, legs and back. Which results in me being unable to get into the trip.

That's too bad really... especially considering DMT is so powerful / intense... there certainly are much more easygoing psychedelics. If you do get over it (sounds like it would be good to work on it even if you never trip again, but I imagine you try and its probably not easy), and decide tro try something again, personally I'd go for 2C-C... it's so non-threatening.

As an update I've been working on my experience and gained from it. It's allowed me to break my mental attachment to unhealthy drug use and to become ready to tackle a lot issues in my life. I'm finding it hard to cope with but I'm determined in see it through. This is the first time in a long time that I'm in a position to do this.
Also I've kind of been able to cope with tripping again. I took 100mcg of some great quality LSD, whilst it played havoc on gi system later in the trip it was a very pleasant experience. It put me in a great mood all night, I was making superb jokes and having my friends roaring with laughter (one could barely breath laughing and two were crying laughing). I still don't feel ready to take anything more intense yet but definitely would like to try something light. 2C-C has been on my list for a long time now so maybe that's next or a 4 subbed tryptamine.
Thank you for your kind words, they're much appreciated.
P.s. apologies for double posting my edit function keeps deleting my posts on my tablet. Oh and also I hope I'm not hijacking the OP's thread, I thought an update would be a positive action.

I relate to a lot of what has been said here. I too was fearless when it came to psychs as a teenager, now, I study them, am fascinated by them, and have the utmost respect for them as psychotherapeutic agents, yet I'm terrified to take them.
I too had about 10 years abstinence after using DMT, lsd, and mushrooms frequently and in high doses.

I have dabbled in the past year, always enjoy it, and am grateful I did it. but I'm so nervous to commit, or afraid of my psyche I guess. I'm very introverted naturally and when I take these substances I definitely go internal, it is difficult for me to integrate the experience at times.

Anyway, its strange right? sure, I've had some anxiety or negative thoughts loops while tripping but nothing irreversible or damaging has ever happened (as long as caution is always taken and knowledge of what is being ingested).
Why is it so anxiety provoking when we've all been through it and know it is physically not harmful?

Thanks for the replies, guys :)

Actually SWIM doesn´t have access to the more exotic stuff, but can get his hands on AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, ALD-52 and 1P-LSD since they are all still legal here.

Lol dude.
THAT is the fancy shit. Try australian blanket ban on for size.
All we have is lsd and mind cracker nbome. Obviously shrooms n stuff too.

But uhh yea just saying, ide give a nut to try the analogues of lsd n stuff.
The only "fancy" shit ive seen around is 2cb, and that was 30 bucks for a shit pill, 60 bucks for mediocre experience. I passed that opportunity.