• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Calming Ritalin comedown/side effects

Phenomena

Greenlighter
Hi all. I'm new here but I've been a reader for a while. I have came across a free supply of some ritalin tablets and have been using them with moderate success. Snorting them provides a focused euphoria, however the comedown is particularly unpleasant, with anxiety and jitters and shakes. I'm looking for the best way to help this. I'm a 6'0 180lb male usually dosing in the range of 30mg.

Marijuana helps with the racing heart, but I have an extremely low tolerance and it seems to make my anxiety worse.

Benadryl has been a minor help, but unfortunately I'm all out.

I don't have any access to benzos, or enough alcohol to get me drunk.

It definitely decreases my appetite so I am always sure to get plenty of food and sleep beforehand.

What can I do to calm these jitters and lessen the comedown? Thanks.

You are pretty much out/not enough/no access to all the good stuff for comedowns.

In your case, just save them till you get your downers together.

Try and eat something, keep hydrated, take some magnesium if you have it (helps with muscle spasms) and/or a multi-vitamin.

A small amount of alcohol and weed is your best bet to try and smooth out the comedown so you can try to sleep. If weed increases your anxiety but helps with your 'racing heart', I'd recommend having a 1-2 standard drinks then having a toke. The alcohol should remove some of the anxiety related to when you smoke up.

for me 4mg. clonazepam + 45mg. temazepam + a cup of strong herbal tea(5 bags of valerian & chamomile blend ) puts me in a much better place.

as a rule of thumb don't use uppers without the proper downers.

Hmm that seems to make the most sense. However I've heard plugging can bring really good results, going to try that as well.

Hmm that seems to make the most sense. However I've heard plugging can bring really good results, going to try that as well.

Yeah, better high, shittier comedown.

ROA is not going to help your comedown to any real noticeable degree.

I bet you are just having fun when it wars off...

absolute silence helps by not making me irritated by others and their jabble and lots of water for the headache I would get, try bumping the dose down to 10-20mg and see how that goes.

We all forgot Aspirin...

Make sure you have that, Tylenol, or Naproxen to help even further with headaches.
I don't recommend Ibuprofen, it will further raise blood pressure.

agreed with psych J... wait till you get some downers (barbs, benzos, quaaludes, carbamates...)

other than what you mentioned?maybe low dose codeine?could try zolpidem?try to get some valium/benzo.not that difficult to lie to a doctor.

I strangely found less effects in general with plugging... bio availability is higher and i was using the same dosage so that's an interesting point of reference.

I'll save them for when I need to study and wait for some benzos. I'll see if I can get a trial for some from my doctor, I actually think it would be legitimately helpful as a prescribed medication.

Thanks for the help.

Ritalin comedown

Maybe its me...or that its Adderall...but after taking six 10mg IR Adderall...no comedown effects at all....guess I feel pretty lucky :)

Edit: First timer

Last edited:
^
Well, methylphenidate and amphetamines - while both act on dopamine and norepinephrine and are considered 'stimulants' they're completely different chemicals with different methods of action. I find the comedown/crash from Ritalin worse than d-amp and d-methamp ime.

for me 4mg. clonazepam + 45mg. temazepam + a cup of strong herbal tea(5 bags of valerian & chamomile blend ) puts me in a much better place.

as a rule of thumb don't use uppers without the proper downers.

Sorry to be the party pooper but isn't this just going to worsen ones situation long term? Short term its cool but most people who are prescribed Ritalin or Adderall use it long term.
So does that mean you will use downers long term too? :S
And in the name of harm reduction this aka Stay Sedated's answer would be the wrong advice too.

I wouldn't wish a downer addiction on anybody weather your downer of choice is benzos, alcohol or opiates.

Its an absolute living hell, hard as f , etc to stop using downers after long term use (aka more than a month. The longer than this the worse of course) . I know this from others and from my own experience dabbling with uppers and downers...

So to stop a potential new bad/unhealthy habit from happening in the first place try and refrain from downers if you can when going through upper comedowns.

They are super helpful for the comedown, sure... BUT at the same time you risk addiction to these downer substances.
...Downer substances whose withdrawal's, rebound effects, (or "comedowns" but not really) are much worse than uppers (long term, typically & relatively speaking).
As a result, typically these downer substances which are much harder to quit than uppers too long term.

Up to you though as hopefully you are living in a free country lol.

However, may i suggest the alternative?
Sure it won't be as quick fixing but it is sure damn better for you long term, your long term interests, etc.
Here...
1) Meditation. Look up Transcendental and Mindfulness meditation. Do it properly for a whole 15 mins and tell me you don't feel less on edge afterwards. After your first time trying it try and make it a habit. Science shows that people who do it regularly benefit from it more. However doing it just as a one off works too.

2) Exercise - Go for at least a mile run/walk. Push your self a little. That or do some weights... No equiptment? no problem. Plenty of apps and workouts online which show you how you can just workout with your own body aka no gym equipment.

3) Weed - I know you have a low tolerance but honestly if you can build your tolerance to it so that the anxiety dies down and weed is more tolerable then weed is a godsend. I dont like to encourage someone building up a tolerance to substances but its better than building up a tolerance to certain downers like benzos, alcohol and opiates. Weed is typically pretty benevolent for 99% of people vs these other drugs when used often. I mean its never killed anyone so whats there to be anxious about when high on it? ... Okay i know its not that easy but yeah try that :S
i know i used to get anxiety when i had a low tolerance a few years back but after some time tolerance kicked in and it almost has the opposite effect. Im actually productive with weed now....
cough *Partly because i unintentionally forced myself to smoke weed chronically and failed at being productive for a couple of years whilst doing so UNTIL i finally practised being productive with weed enough to the point where i can now be not anxious and productive when i use weed.

4) There are also herbal downers or downerish like substances like Kava Kava, Valerian, Theanine you could use. They typically don't posses the addictive qualities of pharmaceutical and opiate downers. And if you have never tried pharmaceutical downers then these would probably be quite effective. I remember trying valerian before trying any benzo or anything and it actually had me pretty damn sedated. Maybe mix it with weed on the comedown :S ?

5) Change up your choice of stimulant (If your getting it legally.) I know some people find different stimulants have different comedowns and it all depends on the individual. I know i get way less side effects from Ritalin but then I also know many people who think its crap, hate the comedown and love Adderall or Vyvanse or something.

Good luck. Ill add anything else if i can think of it.

I recommend "Sleepytime Tea". Man...I make a hot cup before bed, and I'm nodding out before its gone. Puts me to sleep and better yet - KEEPS me asleep for at least a few hours. Benzos will sometimes hype me up, or if I do pass out, it's not for long. Maybe 45-60 min.

Best (legal, easy to get) thing to buy for a few $$$ for the "comedown".nTastes good too. Now I drink it every night - not just after a Ritalin binge.

Speaking of Ritalin - (it won't let me start a new post) - how much company do I have, when I tell you that at the end of my Ritalin script, I tear apart my aptartment piece by piece - and canvas my carpet for fallen/lost pills? I do it every month - lol. I've begun to purposely leave them in odd places, to be found at a later (much needed!) date. Old habits die hard...

U want a comedown after seriously abusing ritalin? Only thing that works is a shot of H.