• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Policy California bans controversial ‘excited delirium’ diagnosis; is first state to do so

this I never really understood... my understanding for emergency treatment of agitated psychosis was a "b52", which is basically an IM injection of 2mg lorazepam, 50mg diphenhydramine, and a modest does of an antipsychotic (I forgot which one). That will surely calm someone down... and is designed to treat psychosis.

Why give ketamine to a psychotic person? It seems like a brutish attempt to physically disable them so they literally cannot resist, but will only worsen a psychosis!!
It is administered in a lot higher than recreational dose. Sure person wont magically get to baseline as soon as he/she starts waking up from heavy black-out dose but that’s still more humane than effects of most antipsychotics.
There was a case awhile back were a cop apparently OD from handling fent. it has since been established that you can’t really OD from touching fent.

But you can from touching it and licking finger to see if it’s a good coke.

I bet sometimes they really do need narcan, like someone throwing fent powder in theri face.

They are also front line in saving people from overdoses.
Really? With the naloxone that's only for themselves?

I just learned the Vancouver Police carry Naloxone only to use on themselves. Strange world...

Also I've heard this argument from so many cops before:
"If we give away free naloxone shouldn't we give out free insulin?!"

Largely cops are assholes who are against life saving measures but are forced to do it

Also yes, we should give away free insulin you dicks

Last edited:
If you ate way too much meth, then you could die from 'excited delirium.'

recent study on methamphetamine OD

“It’s called overamping”: experiences of overdose among people who use methamphetamine

Harm Reduction Journal volume 19, Article number: 4 (2022)