• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Cabergoline for enhanced sexual function - risk to benefit ratio?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I tried Pramipexole before- which did nothing.

But there's a clinical trial with cabergoline as to dramatic sexual enhancement.

But - wiki delineates a heavy side effect profile.

Anyone have any insights on cabergoline use??

I take Strattera and Mianserin currently.
Cabergoline activates a range of receptors Mianserin blocks.
Could that cause a negative interaction?

I could be wrong but i think bodybuilders use it when using steroids have you checked any bodybuilding forums?

I could be wrong but i think bodybuilders use it when using steroids have you checked any bodybuilding forums?

I checked out a body building forum.

Apparently yes - it's used to down regulate prolactin after injecting test.

Some of the comments;

I did have multiple orgasms (about 20 min apart) but the BEST part of the drug is the fact it makes your orgasm about 100xs more intense. I swear when you cum it lasts for about 90 seconds straight... not the cum but the feeling of cumming.
I loved it. It also made me hornier.... and i would get right back up and **** again 15 minutes later... and the next nut would be just as intense.

If you believe that you can draw a distinction between an orgasm and ejaculation, then yes, I've experienced multiple orgasms while on Dostinex (.5mg E2D). I definitely did not ejaculate multiple times, but during a couple longer sessions with my bride, I hit several "peaks" in pleasure that were very much like an orgasm.

I did not cum over and over and over within a 5 minute period.... i came... AHHHHH for about a minute and a half (Jesus) then about 10 to 15 minutes later i was knockin the puss like i had just started.... again Cumming for another minute and a half.

Certainly doesn't sound like an urban myth.

Other reports claim risk is with higher doses.

Have you tried Ropirinole. a D2/3 agonist
In November 2012, GlaxoSmithKline was ordered by a Rennes appeals court to pay Frenchman Didier Jambart 197,000 euros ($255,824); Jambart had taken ropinirole from 2003 to 2010 and exhibited risky hypersexual behavior and gambled excessively until stopping the Parkinson's treatment.[
better tolerated than pramipexole for most people.. or even Piribedil,
the problem with d2/3 agonists is that some people report unhibited hypersexual libido but also hypergambling or some other compulsive unhibited effects which may be embarrassing..

I checked out a trial on Ropirinole - and it appears marginally effective - it's efficacy based primary on hypersexuality, as oppose to enhanced sexual function.

What I would really like to see, would be a head to head trial of Bupropion Vs Cabergoline in terms of amelioration of sexual dysfunction.

Technically, both enhancing DA, should downregulate excessive prolactin.

Upon searching this however - neither buproprion nor sertraline effect plasma prolactin - yet I personally found them highly effect at dysfunction amelioration.

Which would perhaps allude to DA enhancing effect stemming from a alternate source than prolactin level suppression?

Last edited:
There is an issue with many ergolines,at least in chronic use, many have strong 5HT2b agonist properties.

Piribedil, I personally didn't like, due to its having (afaik weak compared to its dopamine agonist effects but still, not sure on that, and it doesn't take much to cause me trouble) alpha2 adrenoreceptor antagonist effects. If you are going to go with a DA agonist, IMO a non-ergoloid would be healthier on the heart,