Writing-up Buying medicines on the web

lsugiura

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm a PhD student at the University of Southampton and I am undertaking an online survey into the purchasing of medicine from the Web. I am interested in finding out more about attitudes and experiences of people that purchase medicine from the Web or have thought about doing so, along with thoughts and opinions from people who have never purchased medicine from the Web.

I would be extremely grateful if people could spare the time to complete this survey, which can be found here (along with more details about the research)
https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/8264

All responses will be anonymised and kept confidential, and participants are welcome from anywhere in the world.

The survey contains 42 questions and should take approximately 15 minutes to complete. I am also looking to conduct interviews following up on some of the survey questions. If you would like to take part in these please provide your email at the end of the survey where prompted.

Many thanks
Lisa
Lisa Sugiura [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd advise you to inform colleagues. I've seen ads like yours for years and they all just seem weird to me.

What do you mean when you say medicines? Like drugs in general or pharmacy obtainable?

What do you mean when you say medicines? Like drugs in general or pharmacy obtainable?

Hi, primarily I'm interested in medicines/ drugs that are usually controlled or need a prescription, therefore generally requiring consultation with a health care professional.

Thanks
Lisa

Hi, primarily I'm interested in medicines/ drugs that are usually controlled or need a prescription, therefore generally requiring consultation with a health care professional.

Thanks
Lisa
Well there goes my response,nice and detailed because i enjoy the loud sound of typing with people asleep(Im evil like that),think I might be a tad of an outlier(Working at a pharmacy and ordering online mostly :p )

also done, I couldnt pick the right backround cuz im jewish, dont give me that shit i dont believe in jehova im just jewish by blood.I'm from Canada so i aint not Zionist.. I Actually hate Zionists. The semetic blood boils when i thin of what israel is doifng. Fucking ppl always say shit about it like at partys ... "soo did the mosssad actuallly blow up the twin toweres" I always answer "yes" lol

Last edited:
Done. Few things:

1: It would help if you could make the pictures from the pharmacy sites a little bigger.
2: You don't mention a currency when asking how much was paid for the medicine. I assumed pounds.

All responses will be anonymised and kept confidential, and participants are welcome from anywhere in the world.
Yet it is clearly aimed at people from the UK. You don't even name the currency when you're asking about the price - are we supposed to guess it's in GBP?

Some questions are unclear and/or incoherent, too. For example on page 3 the first question is Where did you get the medicine from? and from the available answers I gather it refers to medicines bought offline as well as online. Yet the next question asks what medicine that was so as to inform our knowledge of the types of medicine available online and which are the most popular. How it that related to a medicine bought in a local pharmacy?

Yet it is clearly aimed at people from the UK. You don't even name the currency when you're asking about the price - are we supposed to guess it's in GBP?

With all due respect, the overwhelming majority of people will/should know the £ conversion. If not, assume it is on parity with the Euro (which isn't too far off). I'd guess that £1 is ~5 zloty.