European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Cannabis Butane honey oil

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
Anyone got a quick 'n' duurty method for making butane oil? I'm getting sick of smoking weed as i find it a bit harsh on my throat these days.

I've recently been using butane to clean my grinder (I ran out of isopropyl alcohol) and have seen how effective it is, so am thinking of scaling it up a bit.

So just wondering how you guys do it?

I just bought a glass tube from the head shop, filled it up with weed, rubber banded a coffee filter on the end, and then sprayed butane through it into a pyrex dish (outside), then once most of the butane evaporated I scraped up the oil and put it on a silicone pad in a small vacuum chamber with electric pump that I sat on an induction frying pan base (those copper colored ones) and set it at like 120F I think, then pulled air out of the vacuum chamber until the oil stopped bubbling and expanding

At first you'll have to be careful to not let the oil expand too much or it'll get all over the inside of the vacuum chamber instead of staying on the silicon pad, and also do that outside or in a porch with all of the windows open

There's better ways but that always worked for me

I'd honestly advise not bothering - I've seen loads of batches cooked up by non-idiot people and it's always poor product usually with a nice portion of solvent still included - also know of a local scientist-type who managed to blow up his kitchen and got badly burned. A quick and durrty method is last thing required mate.

You could try producing Rosin by ironing weed in parchment paper? Resaerch it, it's never worked well for me though.

We are years behind the US/Canada in the concentrates game.

I happen to know someone who produces shatter and live resin to a very high standard - he lives in the hills and has been at this for over 25 years. I get it when he offers, there's no getting-it-on-request unfortunately. Every 4 months or so maybe. And he'll only sell small amounts. When he makes it he keeps most and sells the rest at cost price to local chronc-pain patients etc and even gives it for free to OAP' and dirt poor patients. . Geezers a bona fide legend. I'd prefer to have more of it and feely available buy I still feel v blessed form the connect.

I've also tried high end concentates that friends have brought back from Cali and Canadian dispenceries etc and it just blows the uk made stuff clean outta the water (and is on a par with by friend's produce.) Fucking prohibition.

Why don't you get yourself a genius pipe? Smoothest pipe I've ever used. Or a small water bong which takes ice (iced water!). Oh, and even very well produced oil can be very rough on the throat/lungs too - but obvs you need much hless

Last edited:
I'd honestly advise not bothering - I've seen loads of batches cooked up by non-idiot people and it's always poor product usually with a nice portion of solvent still included - also know of a local scientist-type who managed to blow up his kitchen and got badly burned. A quick and durrty method is last thing required mate.

You could try producing Rosin by ironing weed in parchment paper? Resaerch it, it's never worked well for me though.

We are years behind the US/Canada in the concentrates game.

I happen to know someone who produces shatter and live resin to a very high standard - he lives in the hills and has been at this for over 25 years. I get it when he offers, there's no getting-it-on-request unfortunately. Every 4 months or so maybe. And he'll only sell small amounts. When he makes it he keeps most and sells the rest at cost price to local chronc-pain patients etc and even gives it for free to OAP' and dirt poor patients. . Geezers a bona fide legend. I'd prefer to have more of it and feely available buy I still feel v blessed form the connect.

I've also tried high end concentates that friends have brought back from Cali and Canadian dispenceries etc and it just blows the uk made stuff clean outta the water (and is on a par with by friend's produce.) Fucking prohibition.

Why don't you get yourself a genius pipe? Smoothest pipe I've ever used. Or a small water bong which takes ice (iced water!). Oh, and even very well produced oil can be very rough on the throat/lungs too - but obvs you need much hless

To be honest though it won’t take long to get there, a decade ago lots of this stuff was unheard of.. Now I literally just yesterday bought a gram of amazing nug run concentrate that is some of the best I’ve had in ages. Times can change quickly.

I suggest Rosin too for the safety of it. I’ve seen folks get pretty good yields once they dial in their technique. The only thing I don’t like about Rosin is less terps overall, the heat also changes the composition a bit giving a more sedating stone.

-GC

0_PAY-CEN-HalfHeadRapper-01.jpg

Fubar after his first BHO extraction.

Honestly I wouldn't bother, just decarb the weed yourself and eat cookies add it to milk add it to what ever.
If you lack effect lay off the weed.

Honestly I wouldn't bother, just decarb the weed yourself and eat cookies add it to milk add it to what ever.
If you lack effect lay off the weed.
Know what you're saying but edible time profile diifers hugely from dabs...ime edibles take up to an hour to work then last 6 hours in effect but a nice 25mg dab or two hits in 30 seconds and lasts 3 hours ish.

Also bare in mind @F.U.B.A.R. is an imaptient fucker who wants he wants kinda now and he hasn't the patience for edibles!

Know what you're saying but edible time profile diifers hugely from dabs...ime edibles take up to an hour to work then last 6 hours in effect but a nice 25mg dab or two hits in 30 seconds and lasts 3 hours ish.

Also bare in mind @F.U.B.A.R. is an imaptient fucker who wants he wants kinda now and he hasn't the patience for edibles!
He's expressed his liking of edibles before iirc.

He's expressed his liking of edibles before iirc.
Has he? I seem to remember him decribing them as a waste of time cos he falls asleep before they hit (bet he has a great sleep though._ My memory isn't that amazing though @Arnold so there's every chace you could be right, we'll have to wait until the cocentrate-starved pest controller appears bagain and then perhaps the mystery will be soved?

Maybe he likes edibles and also finds them a drag cos of the timescale? Then what? bttw on thi occason I think you are wrong, but I'm no1 100% sure, maybe 90%

Anyway gonna make a cuppa tea then cook some organic chicken and vegetables for an evening meal. Followed by a hefty dab of zkitlles live resin In FUBAR's honour) which will couch lock me for a couple hours before bedtime. A good sunday evening awaits - hope you'rs is good too

Has he? I seem to remember him decribing them as a waste of time cos he falls asleep before they hit (bet he has a great sleep though._ My memory isn't that amazing though @Arnold so there's every chace you could be right, we'll have to wait until the cocentrate-starved pest controller appears bagain and then perhaps the mystery will be soved?

Maybe he likes edibles and also finds them a drag cos of the timescale? Then what? bttw on thi occason I think you are wrong, but I'm no1 100% sure, maybe 90%

Anyway gonna make a cuppa tea then cook some organic chicken and vegetables for an evening meal. Followed by a hefty dab of zkitlles live resin In FUBAR's honour) which will couch lock me for a couple hours before bedtime. A good sunday evening awaits - hope you'rs is good too
If they send you to sleep before they hit you ain't used to them obviously and are in for a hell of discovery journey obviously due to the different effects of the different strains.

Obviously

ymmv

If they send you to sleep before they hit you ain't used to them obviously and are in for a hell of discovery journey obviously due to the different effects of the different strains.

Obviously

ymmv
We were talkin bout Fubar, but yeah my mileage does vary, substantially, often

I still find them unpredictable afrer decades experimentation personally. There's many variables eh...strain, what you'e eaten, setting, how tired you are, dose, mood, brain chemistry etc

edibles hit me in about 20 mintues usually, I've stopped fucking about with baking etc. Small bit butter (teaspoon full?) in a pan held/rested on an angle, melt butter, sprinkle/crumble in your hash, lightly fry for 2 minutes. Soak up with about a 20th of a slice of wholemeal seeded bread, eat it. £1 money, a few minutes time, bargain or what? Different tech for weed but I prefer hash for edible

I like to use high quality hash.You gotta discover your optimal individual dose. A few nights ago for example took 100mg v good quality cannabis orally, so lets guesstimate 25-30mg thc. Was high as kite for 4 hours, maybe 5. With decades tolerance. For about £1, yeah.

love 'em when I wanna be very stoned for a good few hours and have nothing else to do /people to see. my dose range 70-200mg hash

Yeh, you're bang on there. Not a big fan of edibles - too long to take effect then I fall asleep.

Oh, and I'm well aware of the safety issues - thanks to all, but if I can be arsed to do it, it will be outside.

Anyone got a quick 'n' duurty method for making butane oil? I'm getting sick of smoking weed as i find it a bit harsh on my throat these days.

I've recently been using butane to clean my grinder (I ran out of isopropyl alcohol) and have seen how effective it is, so am thinking of scaling it up a bit.

So just wondering how you guys do it?
Not indoors, grasshopper!

Besides, volcanoes make for good conversation stzrters

Last edited:
People doing it in their kitchen with a gas stove that has pilot lights....

Wait a second. You're the one that had that accident, right? or am I mistaken here

Accident? No. Far too shite an understanding of replacing saltpetre with much more violent oxidizers (a variation on the 'spotty teenagers do not know everything about anything (even wanking); most certainly!

I used to make it with a glass tube made for it but I wouldn’t bother with it unless you are going to use vacuum to remove residual solvent (for edibles it's good without that step). And I always thought BHO stands for beautiful honey oil lol

Ahh the hash years were great - kiff mountains, local farmer boxes of product, next 'farm' reduced the volume by 90% I seem to remember, for the best hash oil evah. Cleaning out pipes etc is mostly tar from the smoke with some product no?