Busted!! Facing Life In Prison!

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
See if you can get long term house arrest and rigorous probation instead of jail time. That could be a possibility, you would need a damn good lawyer though.

Id assume hes probably on federal house arrest as a bond agreement prolly. From what i understand, theres a 98% conviction rate with federal meth cases. This is federal right? Id live as much life not in prison as i could until i went down lol. Thats just me though. Look at it and see what they offer u.

Yeah get a lawyer, fire him. Repeat. Get as many continuances as possible until the case falls apart. R-Kelly style.

pin said:
Id assume hes probably on federal house arrest as a bond agreement prolly. From what i understand, theres a 98% conviction rate with federal meth cases. This is federal right? Id live as much life not in prison as i could until i went down lol. Thats just me though. Look at it and see what they offer u.

This is a false statistic.

Yes - Feds have a 98% conviction rate... but this is not the number of people convicted going to court.
That's mostly plea deals.

If I remember correctly, only 3-5% of Federal cases go to trial.
Of the cases going to trial there is around a 70% conviction rate.

It goes up and down a bit year to year, but you have about a 1 in 4 chance if you go to court.

It's not quite 50/50, but it's better than 98%.

TwAcKEdOutInBoise said:
Well it finally happened, on the 26th of march i was arrested at my home in Boise, Idaho they came at about 7:00PM and put me in handcuffs.

they took 460 something grams of crystal and $12500 in cash under the dash in my truck and inside my trailer they seized some chemicals and some equipment, a number of firearms and about a half Oz of meth and a pipe lying in plain view on the table...

I was arrested and charged with manufacture and sale of methamphetamine, im currently on a $100.000 bond and im due to appear in court in may,

i was all ready on probation for a CLASS A felony and my lawyer basically told me i will be lucky if i get 60 years but no less than 20 and im facing life so i pretty much see it as a death sentence...

I don't know what to do, does anyone have any advice on this whole situation?

I've got my glock loaded in my lap and im ready to blow my brains out all over the wall unless anyone has some suggestions on what the fuck i should do!

I would rather die than spend 20 years in the idaho state pen, i did 5 years already and its all run by gangs and if you don't roll with a set you get raped...

I was thinking about shooting my brother and his wife because they have a lot of loot and then just fleeing the country in one their cars but i don't really want to bother them with my problems....

PLEASE I AM DESPERATE FOR ADVICE & YES I AM A LONG TIME BL'ER BUT I CHOOSE TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS FOR OBVIOUS REASONS!

Though this is not particularly useful advice, the Piper has come and it is now time to pay for manfacturing meth. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions, and start before you get your first parole hearing so you have a chance. When you get to prison, get with your people quick.

Please don't shoot your brother and his wife. No doubt your brother loves you very much. Plus, he might be the only one sending you commissary money.

Take care of yourself and man up. Hard road ahead.:(

Obviously capping the brother and wife - man that is unthinkable.

But there is one other very important issue here that I am a little surprised no one has brought up.

Priors. 460 gms meth. Cash. Presumably either conspiracy or direct manufacturing charge. Firearms.

This has splitsville written all over it. I can't see a bondsman going near this one for the usual percentage. If one did, dude you got real lucky one at least one thing, and he/she is one dumb mofo.

I'm kinda finding that so hard to believe though, I'm gonna assume it's not the case and that you are out on secured bond.

In which case, if so, my question is exactly who are you in for a hundred large? Because if it is someone else who was also engaged in the criminal enterprise, I might be inclined to say fuck 'em, get off the grid, live hard, die free - if you can.

But if like your brother or your mom did something like put up a property deed, all I can say is whatever you gotta do to get through, you gotta do. But putting your mom out on the street because you split? That's gonna come back home to you for sure one day bro.

^ Everything retired_chemist said. You walked the line.

its a pretty bad situation mate....

i think your best bet would be to flee the country, maybe go upto canada since you dont need to get on a plane and start a new life

^ How is he going to live in Canada without any documents? Any passport, driver's license, or other ID? Don't Canada's police cooperate with the U.S. to capture fugitives?

While I don't think that possession of any drugs should be illegal (or even very heavily regulated; especially plants like marijuana, coca, opium, etc.), there is a line with me when producing meth comes into the picture. I won't judge you personally. I won't. But let me explain why getting arrested for producing crystal meth is a little different than any other drug crime:

Unless you are a chemist, you are endangering everyone around you when you have a meth lab. There's no difference between that and driving drunk. You doing something that puts those around you in direct and immediate danger of severe injury. On another thread someone brought up nuclear bombs. If we believe in the right to possess person property as long as we aren't hurting others, why can't I possess a bomb or a nuclear reactor? I agree in the most limited way. There is no problem (at least theoretically) with someone possessing a nuclear bomb, or, for that matter, all the bits and pieces needed for a meth lab. However should I be allowed to toss the bomb up and down in my house when I don't exactly have Randy Moss' hands? [Sentences edited here. Please note - judging is against forum guidelines; I know you are speaking philosophically, but this crossed the line.] We all know it's dangerous, and I think it's safe to say that most of the people that cook it probably didn't receive a degree in chemical engineering. So, really, I have no problem with laws that focus on these people who, with great disregard for others, decide to cook meth. However, if drugs were legal, then trailer parks wouldn't be the top producer of meth. Some legitimate company with people with doctorates in physics would cook up fantastic batches of all the chemicals we could desire, and under safe conditions.

Anyway, if all that is inappropriate for this forum, I apologize. I'll end with some basic advice (I'll probably just repeat some of what I've said in other threads, so anyone who's read it already, just skip over the repeats):
1) If you run, you will get caught. I've always been one to say if I ever get arrested and face serious jail time, Brazil will be my new home. But, realistically, I'd never do it or suggest anyone do it (unless they were looking at execution for a crime they didn't commit or something else extreme).
2) Killing your brother, or anyone for that matter, won't help at all. Again, if you run, you will get caught. And for someone with your criminal history, a double murder and robbery of your family will earn you the death penalty. I'm sure some people would say, "Well, that's better than being in prison for 60 years." Those people have never seen death row. You'll be on death row for (on average) 10-20 years. In a single cell. With (depending upon where you are) between 30 minutes and 1 hours a day out of the cell. You'll shower maybe once a week. You'll eat the same food. The only faces you'll see are those of the prison guards and maybe the occasional priest or preacher trying to save your soul. I, for one, am completely and unequivocally against the death penalty, but, as many states still have it, as does the federal government it's a reality you have to consider. You're in a bad position, but there's no reason to make it worse. And, believe me, if you think you have it bad, talk to some of the people I have worked with that are on trial for capital murder. They sit in jail each day wondering how much longer they'll get to live.
3) As John McCain would say (just to get this straight, I'm mocking McCain, not honoring him), let me drop a little straight-talk on you: If this is a federal crime and you get convicted, there's no parole (for all crimes committed after 1987 that is). There is "good-time." But you'll serve at least 85% of your sentence (you can get, at the most, 54 days a year of "good time"). 85% of a 20 years sentenced means that, if you behave yourself and get all the good time you can, you'll serve 17 years. That's a long time, and I don't know how old you are, but if you're not an old man, you can still have a life when you get out. If you think that's hard to swallow, I've had to tell a 22 year old kid that he better take a life-without-parole offer (this is in a state court) because if he goes to trial, he loses his life.
4) There are options besides running, killing yourself, or just taking a life sentence. I'll be honest and say that having the guns is probably the most damaging part of your case. Whether you ever hurt anyone or not, you're considered a violent criminal because of the weapons, and courts don't like violent criminals. However, you can get a lawyer and fight. Your best chance (as is the case in most cases) is to try to get evidence suppressed. Sometimes even if the judge just MIGHT suppress evidence the US Attorney or District Attorney will offer a plea to a lesser charge to avoid the possibility of having some of his best evidence thrown out. I posted this on another thread, but here's a list of some potentially helpful cases when you're trying to get evidence tossed out (and if your attorney isn't familiar with these cases, then get a new one, because he isn't worth a damn; these are the basics):

Katz v. United States, 389 U.S. 347 (1967) (you have to have a reasonable expectation of privacy before your right to privacy can be violated; the court discuss what constitutes a reasonable expectation)

Johnson v. United States, 333 U.S. 10 (194 (this only helps if the search was without a warrant; basically says that, without more, just because you have probable cause to get a warrant doesn't mean you have probable cause to conduct a warrantless search without consent)

Spinelli v. United States, 393 U.S. 410 (1969)(if the probable cause used to get the warrant was based upon an informant, the following test applies--Spinelli Test for reasonableness of search based upon information from informant:
1) Who is the source of the information and is this source reliable?
2) If we don’t know the identity of the source, can we know that it is reliable and credible and what’s the basis of the information?)

Prandy-Binett, 995 F.2d 1069 (D.C. Cir. 1993) (if you're not in the DC circuit this isn't binding precedent, but it can be persuasive. It also states a generally accepted standard on how to determine if probable cause is present--courts like to use a "totality of the circumstances" test because it gives them the most leeway)

I was about to give you a lecture, but I'm not supposed to do that, I don't think. I'll just pray for you and also hope that, no matter what happens, you get something positive out of it. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
TwAcKEdOutInBoise, I see your screen name is no longer active but best of luck to you bro.

I've been through the same bullshit (not quite as heavy) enough times to know how miserable it is.

Make your time as beneficial as possible and return with useful LEGAL ;) skills.