Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bush Doof - Hints & Tips

Lovegrud

Bluelighter
Hey there people I am going to my first ever bush doof and am seeking advice for making it awesome from you experienced bush doofers. add your tips and advice here.

I'm sure Doofqueen started a thread like this quite a while back that head heaps of useful info in it. It was like a survival guide for doofing.

SOmeone that hasnt already ahd a fwe too many do a serch

Id like to hear one of these too, im currently trying to turn my friends from raving to bush doofing. Do you think this could work?

Just because you're in the middle of no where, don't think the cops won't turn up.

And candy flip, fo shizzle.

Take lots of fresh water and somewhere comfortable where you can get away from it all if need be.

Ket..........I reckon your powers of persuasion could do it.....I reckon they would have a blast.

toilet paper
heaps of water
first aid kit
insect repellent
empty bags for rubbish
container for ciggie butts if you smoke tailors
spare clothes, socks, undies
painkillers (I'd go aspirin, less chance of killing your liver)
an esky if you can, stock it with ice, fruit, juice, beer
up n go drinks
a torch
rat nosed pliers
and a unicorn

SOmeone that hasnt already ahd a fwe too many do a serch

Manuel-fawlty-towers-2856236-100-100.jpg
;)

^ I think someone (we wont name any names) was suggesting that an alternate person, who has consumed less beverages of the alcoholic variety, should locate:

This thread or maybe this thread.

But probably just the first one.

(I just searched for camp)

Thanks Kat, I think that's the one I was thinking of. Really, who knows anyway.

^ I think someone (we wont name any names) was suggesting that an alternate person, who has consumed less beverages of the alcoholic variety, should locate:

This thread or maybe this thread.

But probably just the first one.

(I just searched for camp)

and here I was thinking I was being original and helpful :p thanks Katmeow ill check it out :)

Freeze plastic bottles of water, they act as coolers for your esky and you can take em out to defrost for nice fresh cool water!!!!

Set up a tent, you may feel you will just party all the way through and all but trust me it's good to have somewhere to go rest. Doofs take a lot out of you.

Apart from the general camping gear already mentioned it's always great to bring something creative, add something to everyones expirience. My friend bought a mini tophat once and passed it onto a stranger with the condition they bring it to the next doof, give it to someone else and tell them to do the same.

I've seen it circulating ever since :), wouldn't happen to be going to neurofractal by any chance would you?

Some sort of shade is a god send. A tent is nice but under the blazing sun it turns quickly into a sauna. You can purchase a pop up gazebo at most dollar shops for under $50. Once the sun goes down you can dismantle it.

Something to lounge on is nice. We always pack foam matresses to sleep on, but if I had the room a beanbag would go down a treat.

Just on sleeping matters - what are people's preferences?

I really hate sleeping on an airmattress. It really doesn't do good things for my back over a 6 day event. I've just borrowed a friend's self-inflating mattress for the weekend and that seems to be ok, but this has just been tested on the floor, not on uneven ground.

What do you guys recommend as the best bed option for camping?

Will and i just use a double air mattress and find it's fine... for us we found packing a foam mattress took up too much room, the air mattress folds up and gets tucked away back into it's box. We make sure we take lovely soft pillows as well with out sleeping bags. We're going to upgrade and get a double sleeping bag, as it will take up less room and be more efficient.

I have a very fragile back and have found the air mattress to be fine providing we camp on level ground. Well, as level as can be. We're very fussy with where we camp. The conditions have to be perfect, and if it means camping ages away from the stalls and dance floor then so be it.

Some sort of shade is a god send. A tent is nice but under the blazing sun it turns quickly into a sauna. You can purchase a pop up gazebo at most dollar shops for under $50. Once the sun goes down you can dismantle it.

Something to lounge on is nice. We always pack foam matresses to sleep on, but if I had the room a beanbag would go down a treat.

Good advice. We tend to hang up a big tarp providing there are trees but when there are no trees the gazeebo is a brilliant idea. In fact, i might get one! :D

What do you guys recommend as the best bed option for camping?

I spend a lot of time out in the bush camping and I have pretty muc been through it all at some stage in my life.

I now have close to the ultimate setup.

Tents are not something you want to spend time in during the day unless its raining and its a half decent size.

So with that in mind, I use a swag..........its just for sleeping in.

The swag also has a fantastic closed cell foam mattress which provides excellent insulation and you can choose what thickness you want based on your tatses and also how much space you have available for transport.

In conjunction with the swag, I use a quickshade which provides a standup area for changing etc and also is great to get under during the heat of the day as well as under cover from rain.

Blowup mattresses are a disaster in the cold as they will not insulate you.

They are always going down and are either to bloody hard or to bloody soft.