• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Burnt out receptors

Hector

Bluelighter
I've been using/abusing drugs for well over 20 years and I'm no longer finding it possible to get high. Opiates, one of my drugs of choice always did the job but now they leave me with awful histamine reactions. Stims, don't seem to do anything other than make me twitchy and anxious. .

I've abused benzos on a more or less 10 year period and suffered serious grand mal seizures over that time. However, as a hopeless, anxious addict that hasn't stopped me. They work and that's the class of drugs I'd lose my mind without.

I also take lamotrigine and pregablin but can't find any info on how that might cause any interactions.

Maybe this is my brain telling me to give it a rest...but I'm curious if long term drug abuse can do this to some?

Hector, the subjective nature of drug experiences is such a personal thing, that we are not going to be able to make anything other than an esoteric guess. I actually take Lamotrigine (Lamictal) and Pregabalin (Lyrica). They are prescribed as adjunct therapies for seizure that can actually lead to full blown Status Epilepticus. I'm a well-known and documented drug addict who enjoys the sport of extracting scripts from MD's, so this is the best I can get, whereas in a perfect world, I would be on either a Benzodiazepine or Barbiturate.

There is no kind of dangerous interaction. They actually compliment each other in the nature I've described. As far as your life goes and the fact that you no longer "get high", in my opinion, does indeed mean it's time to take a break. I'm gonna leave this open, but it might be moved to The Dark Side, which, though it has a rather scary name, is actually our recovery-dedicated sub-forum.

We will be in touch and follow your case man.