• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Burn from cigarette lighter in car

feedtheSoul

Bluelighter
So, I don't really know where this thread belongs lol. This might sound like I'm an idiot, but I just replaced my car with an old model that came with a cigarette lighter in it. I have never used these before, so I pushed it in and wasn't sure how to use it, when I took it out, I touched the top to see if it was hot. Well, HELL, it was HOT. I have a burn on my thumb that was like an orangey-yellow color. I read online that this is a third degree burn if it turns maroon? I'm wondering if I should get this looked at or if it's not something to worry about? It doesn't exactly hurt that bad, but I'm worried if it starts to blister or scar that it could get infected. What do you guys think?

I remember back in high school doing the same thing, I got in my car after dismissal (98 Cherokee), and realized I had no lighter for my cig. I remembered I had a car lighter and pushed it in. It popped out and I put it to my smoke and it didn't light it!!!???? I was like 'what the hell does this thing even work?' and touched the end of it for some stupid reason. Had a bubbled up blister for weeks but it eventually healed with no scar. Ice and hydrocortisone, don't wrap it either it'll need to breathe. Sorry about the incident hope it turns out okay!

I did that too he first time trying to use one, it didn't look any different so I touched it and my skin bubbled and turned white. It was inconvenient but it healed. Keep and eye on it and if it looks like it's getting infected go see a doctor.