Buprenorphine - Switch to full agonist to shorten withdrawal

Down to 0.8 daily bupe now , still working , a couple of restless nights along the way but cant complain too much , next week 0.6 & so on then a prescription review with my local drug service ...

Hey there eastender, I haven't been here in quite a while as I have me own little corner of cyberland to deal with. It's a very small sub detox forum but we invite all sorts of bitching, moaning, pissiness and general Bullshit. It's American but don't hold that against us.
Anyhoo....just go as slow as you can. Rule of thumb for us is 25% reduction every 10 days or until your body reaches homostasis. Some say this is too show but getting into the real low numbers helps very much with the acute shit.
Good luck in your taper and jump, tuka
Thanks for the info tuka, currently down to 0.4mg daily bupe now, coping sort of , just worried about the final jump really.....any advice once I jump ? Gonna go down to 0.1 within the next 6 weeks or so but its gonna be so fucking weird not taking that bupe to see me through the day, just worried about bupe withdrawal symptoms from which I read are prolonged, would love to chat to people who have experience of this , thanks Eastender

Hello. I have been doing bupre for last 1.5 years with most of my breaks being around week or most. I have been thinking abouut same resolution you had - just do heroin for a while and then go cold turkey. Bupre withdrawals are so fucking long, painful and annoying. They make me mad, angry, sad and i can't even hang out around people. I know how bupre affects on long term, it's really fucking sad. PM me if you wanna talk about how to get over withdrawals, i got lots of good tips. I hope everything goes well for you.

Thanks for the info tuka, currently down to 0.4mg daily bupe now, coping sort of , just worried about the final jump really.....any advice once I jump ? Gonna go down to 0.1 within the next 6 weeks or so but its gonna be so fucking weird not taking that bupe to see me through the day, just worried about bupe withdrawal symptoms from which I read are prolonged, would love to chat to people who have experience of this , thanks Eastender
You too can PM me about withdrawals, i know how to get through. I just don't know how to stay sober for longer time, but i can help you with what you have asked me. I can write my withdrawal guide here when i have time too. Propably will soon.

Hey all,
Thanks for all your useful reactions. i would like to give you some news about my taper and jump.
I tapered comfortably to 240mg once a day the last 3 days.
Even if the best would be to taper from this dose, I jumped to nothing this morning and I’m actually in cold turkey.
It is the best time for me because my girlfriend is gone for 2 weeks, I strongly hope that I’ll be free from opiates and feel humain again when I’ll see her.
I have all the symptoms of withdrawal (RLS, Hot / Cold flashes, headache, etc.), it is not that bad because I have all the comfort meds I need to control the symptoms. The most useful being Lyrica (300mg when needed, calms down RLS and anxiety), some nice hash for the mood and pain, and maybe xanies that seems to help me sleep.

Let’s see how it goes tomorrow, I hope I will sleep and it will reach a plateau tomorrow.

So to sum up, I stopped bupre 3 weeks ago, took h for about 2 weeks and switched to DHC foe one week to taper. Now I’m 1 day free from opiates and it’s not too bad.

Thank you all for support ! I’ll post some updates later
Hi pal , did you come off successfully? How did it work out, I'm down to 0.4 daily now , getting there
You too can PM me about withdrawals, i know how to get through. I just don't know how to stay sober for longer time, but i can help you with what you have asked me. I can write my withdrawal guide here when i have time too. Propably will soon.
That would be very helpful if you could , many people I speak to on here are worried about finally getting off buprenorphine after hearing it can be horrible

This is for anyone looking help with bupre rehab.
Clonidine is the chemical name, whatever the brand name over there may be, clonidine is essential, it's like core of how i have been getting through bupre withdrawals. It's used to treat high blood pressure, but it's also used on finnish rehabs to help with the cool, hot, cool, hot symptoms, you know feeling cold etc. it really helps and if you can get it it's very good.
Mirzapin/Ketiapin/Olanzapin for sleeping, you need some good sleeping pills that knock you off and those are ones i would use - they also help you with feeling restless, spinning around and you can't focus, it's part of the withdrawals and those pills make you little bit more zombie. I would recommend getting long lasting benzos for the restlessness, not feeling like talking to people, just spinning around and not being able to focus. Benzos like xanax at morning at first may be good, but they don't lask that long. Diazepam is good, klonazepam is good for making you little bit calmer during days. Xanax maybe at morning and when you go to sleep.
Kratom might be good, don't know if you can get it - i have never used it because of it is so hard to get here.
Also, prepagalin is very essential, it's amazing. The bupre withdrawals make your legs hurt, to be honest - your entire body hurts. It's used for nerve pain and it really helps and it boosts benzos, so you wont need them that much. If you can't get prepagalin, try to get gababentin. It's very similiar, but not that strong so you're going to need more.
Diarrhea medication is essential. It comes to you how bad your stomach is, but for me it's horrible. Here you can get it without prespiction and even if you needed prespiction, you would get it really easily.
Most essential ones are clonidine, prepagalin/gababentin (preferably prepagalin) and diarrhea medication. If you can get kratom for good price go for it, i don't know how much it helps but i have heard it helps. Sleeping pills i recommended are highly suggested, but if you can't get them it's OK. those are chemical names, so look out the brand name in your country. i would assume they are pretty easily written a prespiction for since they don't really get you high.
How i would do my day would be
Waking up go for 300-600mg of prepagalin, if you have gabapentin take 900-1500mg. Take your clonidine. Don't take too much clonidine, it will knock you out if you have too low blood pressure. Maybe pop a xanax/alprozolam to make your morning feeling shittiness away. Pop 10-20mg of valium or 2-4mg of clonazepam, they take little bit longer to hit, but if you can wait you don't really need the alpro. Take diarrhea medication every time you feel like needing it. Pop little bit more prepagalin and/or benzos during mid of day , it really depends on how you feel. mid of your day is best time to do it, but after going through the worst you wont need preaga more than 300-600mg during entire day.
Going sleep take the sleeping pills you got, it's good to have something that really knocks you out. Read the ones i listed. They aren't for getting high, but they help you sleep really really good.
If you have any more questions ask me.

How’s everyone doing ?
This pandemic is so fucking painful ! Lost my in-laws last month, and my best friends wife yesterday from it 😢😷🙈

I am still dependent on my Vicodin’s
As an alcoholic I knew better, and stayed away from there’s fuckin things after my radiation for cancer TX. But after 12 years, and all the BS to work through pain , I was like Fuck it!
As a cancer patient, I am one of those people that are not on the radar of DEA for scripts?? I guess it like “ poor bastard had cancer”
So it’s a love hate now.
I wake up in withdrawals, and slowly take 5 mgs every 2-3 hours till function !!
Wish I never went on them, but also need to function to work and make $$ , thank God I am an essential worker and can work 🤙🏻
this whole thing is so Fucked

I am still dependent on my Vicodin’s
As an alcoholic I knew better, and stayed away from there’s fuckin things after my radiation for cancer TX. But after 12 years, and all the BS to work through pain , I was like Fuck it!
As a cancer patient, I am one of those people that are not on the radar of DEA for scripts?? I guess it like “ poor bastard had cancer”
So it’s a love hate now.
I wake up in withdrawals, and slowly take 5 mgs every 2-3 hours till function !!
Wish I never went on them, but also need to function to work and make $$ , thank God I am an essential worker and can work 🤙🏻
this whole thing is so Fucked
I feel you man. I just wake up, entire bed in cold sweat i'm hurting like hell and no one i know has bupre. I'm going to have to buy OC soon but they're way too fucking expensive for my wallet. I'll probably just suffer waiting for a while rather than pay for Oxys.

@DeadManWalkin' , thanks I am the same here. Feel like shit, and now have a problem with a new pharmacist?? When did they become the drug police ???
You should know how they are here. They're like agents of the government. Worst ones are the doctors who work for the state. I had to wait 8 hours in line to get small appointment, just to get some paperwork. They have database that has everything about you, so if you have any mental health/drug abuse history they WONT give you anything. You can regulate some of the data they can give about you to each other on internet, but in most cases if you have it hidden like i do they get suspicious. Fuck them all. It's funny how Americans praise the European healthcare system, but to be honest it's bullshit. Of course there's benefits to it, but i would prefer having the American system.