⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Buffy the Vampire Slayer

angel is hot.

(i have nothing else relevant to add since i've never bothered watching it properly. from what i've seen though i can't say that i buy into all the symbology talk surrounding it and what not. still, perhaps i should give it a chance first before dismissing it so promptly.)

OK, so for some reason I decided to buy season 1-7 on DVD. I hardly ever buy DVD's any more, but I was lusting for nostalgia. And furthermore, I was wondering whether this was as good as I remembered it being at the time.

Reality = dated, not so funny, badly acted nonsense. But something keeps me watching still. Maybe I'm just hoping it'll pick up?. I dunno.

i absolutely fucking hated dawn in season five. in season six she grew on me, but i still disliked her. season seven, imo, saw her come into her own. trachtenberg is a marvellous young actress, and seven - with the growth of her from a "child" into a really btvs "teenager" - had the writers feeling obviously more comfortable with her characterisation. i enjoyed her in the final season.

Yeah, I hated her immensely. But I've seen her in other things and reluctantly liked her, so I don't think she's a bad actress. It's just Dawn was an annoying idiot. =D

i think tara was great. when she spoke less i guess she annoyed me - but i fucking hated season four as a whole anyway. she had a really understated intelligence to her, helped mostly by amber's subtle delivery.

Yeah, I really liked her at the time too. I'll let you know when it reaches that season second time around though. ;)

Still on season 1, and remembering how much I hated Buffy's Mum too. :!

I initially missed out a few seasons, which ones in particular I'm not absolutely certain of. I think the ones that focussed a great deal on Angel and 'The Key'. I grew increasingly bored of it. So skipped them. Which is what stopped me from watching it in it's entirety. Even though back in those times, there wasn't much worth watching. Actually, that's a lie. There was far more worth while shows than today. :(

I've decided to start watching Buffy, and there just so happened to be a Buffy thread. I'm reliving the nostalgia.

I loved the show never missed an episode, same goes with Angel. Sure it's cheesy but I was in to all the CW shows at the time. I still watch the re-runs a couple times a week. :)

I've always loved buffy and angel, watched the first episode when it aired when i was about 9, followed it for a couple weeks then stopped, then at some point picked it back up, from that point on i was hooked. I pretty much grew up with it and despite faults I have with some parts of both series seeing it now through adult eyes, it'll always hold a special place in my heart simply because i grew up with it.

Plus, I related to buffy somewhat in the first 2 or so seasons because she'd always be in trouble but never intended to be seen as a bad girl, which i could relate to at the time. Then faith was introduced and i related to her significantly more for the same reasons. Someone the world just seems to conspire to fuck over. After that point I was just so attached to the show i never stopped watching.

its my favorite show during my teenage years. Yikes I never missed episode for this. love Buffy or Sarah Michelle Gellar

Wow takes me back to being a kid. TV in general was so much better then. And Sarah Michelle Gellar's sweet, sweet ass.

I realy loved the series. It often had a subtle freudian kind of humour. Like a highschool being built on the gates of hell, witches being lesbian and such.

For the Buffy fans, check out the book "The Rest of Us Just Live Here" by Patrick Ness. The author was a huge Buffy fan and wrote this book as an exploration on what the rest of Sunnydale was doing while the Buffy gang was saving us from demons, vampires and others. It's great!

Random question, I bought the box sets years ago but on the last dvd of the 6 season it's a misprint, the label on the disc is right but it contains some Clint Eastwood movie. Did this happen to any one else?