View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

BTCP

Pontius Pilate

Bluelighter
Benocyclidine is an arylcyclohexylamine that has recently become available again.

This PCP analogue is hard to find information on though.

Does anyone have any experience with this compound?

Anyone care to speculate?

It's a Stimulant from what I've been told and doesn't have any dissociative effects. I've also become curious about it as well since it was brought to market. Not sure if its something I'd start messing with though due to the fact it has the same risks as other arylcyclohexylamines. Speaking about bladder issues and the like, especially cause stimulants are drugs i tend to binge on.

Still looking forward to reading about it though, and if it does end up being special i may get a little bit to sample but not make a habit of the stuff for damn sure. Hopefully some reports will pop up soon around here.

Yeah, the literature suggests that it's a potent and selective DRI. Cocaine is also a DRI..

I'm not the biggest fan of stimulants, but I'm down to check this shit out just for the novelty of it.

Gimme a couple months, and I'll post a report.

I was unaware arylcyclohexylamines could be non dissociative.

There is also a selective sigma receptor agonist called PRE-084, and that's an arylcyclohexylamine, too.

They seem to be a diverse class of drugs, and it will be exciting to see and experience the different possibilities as they're brought to market after the current line-up are banned (knock on wood; I hope 3-MeO-PCP never goes the way of MXE).

Last edited:
I'm pretty curious, but definitely want to wait for reports.

As I've been scouring the Bluelight Neuroscience and Pharmacology forums looking for more information on this compound, I've come across a few threads talking about some apparent hepatoxicity..

This information was being reported after a rat study was unearthed wherein six rats were set to differentiate BTCP from saline.

It looks like one rat died, and the other five rats ended up in a bad way, with lost weight and abdominal tenderness.

Necropsies performed on the rats linked these effects with gastrointestinal issues like
adhesive peritonitis linked to mesenteric lymphadenopathy, as well as ileitis, and encapsulation of the liver.

So the researchers lowered the dose, but subsequent groups of rats suffered the same consequences, even up to death, after prolonged and repeated exposure.

The initial dose used in the studies was 10mg/kg, and the adjusted dose was 5mg/kg. A Bluelight user 'any major dude' did the math for rat to human equivalence and worked out that this would translate to approximately 50mg doses for humans.

So it would seem that the safety margins for this drug would be very thin.

Of course, the hepatoxicity only occurred with repeated administration.. There was talk that this could be used without too much risk, but only sparingly. 'Vecktor' even mentioned that he personally knew a few people who had tested the drug up to 25mg with no subjective negative effects.

In the same thread, there was some discussion regarding the SAR of this drug, and it seems like this may be a more potent DRI than cocaine, lacking activity at the serotonin and norepinephrine sites.

Also, somebody mentioned that the metabolites are also known, but I can't find any further discussion about that..

I'm going to keep reading up on this drug.. Maybe Google Scholar will turn up some more information.

I'll leave the link to the thread where I found these conversations..

I don't mind being the lab rat usually, and I am still interested in testing this drug, but it looks like this is going to be a risky business.

Last edited:
So an arylcyclo that highs like synthetic coke and kill rats in the lab?. Interesting. But I will pass to do the ginea pig with this one... Anyone?

Yeah im deff not exploring this now it seems way to sketchy. And there are some stimulants on the market with a much better safety profile. But it i think its interesting for novelties sake, but will be living vicariously through other peoples reports.

Ok i finally got my hands on this substance. I have been interested in the idea of a non traditional stim / arylyclohexamine. So I received 500mg of material as a free sample with an order of something else. I started with a nasal allergy test of 5mg and no effects. Then i decided to try it vaporized and this is most certainly an effective ROA probably the most effective. 30mg in total, Its a very subtle clean stimulation that is very much in the background what i imagine a DRI would be. Now that i felt relatively save with this chemical i decided to try a IV dose of 50mg. Trouble was it is not as water soluble as i had hoped as had to fill the entire syringe and still cant be sure that i got all 50mg. Anyway no overpowering rush to speak off but a very nice uplifting of my awareness and focus in a very side effect free way. So anyway this is probably the most extensive report of this substance to date and ill add more as i use the rest of the .5g sample. It seems to have value as a nootropic type substance or a functional drug.