• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Bromazepam tapering

Man67

Bluelighter
Just a simple question. Can Zoloft be of any help with benzo tapering? Currently using 6mg Bromazepam at night mostly as a sleeping aid. My goal is to reduce that dose in half due to depression. Would 50mg Zoloft help?

Zoloft probably won't help much. In fact, one of the most common side-effects of zoloft is insomnia/difficulty sleeping, so if could make the matter worse.

Few things help benzo withdrawal that aren't themselves habit forming (like gabapentin, pregabalin, etc).

Might look into amanita muscaria gummies or tinctures, that does seem to help induce sleep during benzo withdrawal, but I'm not sure what the long-term implications are, or if decarboxylated amanita muscaria products have any rebound effects of their own upon discontinuation.

Tapering advice:

Each week go down .5 increments. So,
6,5.5,5.0,etc.

Zoloft, unfortunately, will not aid you. Very subtle effects. Take care.

Cheers

Tomer

Tapering advice:

Each week go down .5 increments. So,
6,5.5,5.0,etc.

Zoloft, unfortunately, will not aid you. Very subtle effects. Take care.

Cheers

Tomer
Thanks for the advice. I use Bromazepam exclusively for treatment of insomnia (together with 100mg Amitriptyline and 20mg Zolpidem). Any thoughts how to get at least 4-5 hours of sleep during tapering? Tried Melatonin and it doesn't make any difference.

Hey there,

Listen, I’m just concerned with your other medications, in terms of the tapering down instructions I gave you before. Tapering wont feel as good in the beginning, but you will get through it! Mind over matter.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any intel on what you can do about your sleeping issues. Maybe someone else can aid you in that. Take care.

Cheers

Tomer

If you have the meds thrn just slow the taper. 0.5mg a week at first is ok but that'll be painful after a while.
Look at the Ashton Manual. 10% drop every 2 weeks should be easier. And you can try the zoloft too.
Good luck. I fucking hate tapering benzos.

Hey there,

Listen, I’m just concerned with your other medications, in terms of the tapering down instructions I gave you before. Tapering wont feel as good in the beginning, but you will get through it! Mind over matter.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any intel on what you can do about your sleeping issues. Maybe someone else can aid you in that. Take care.

Cheers

Tomer
I am also concerned about Amitriptyline which I basically use only as a sleeping aid because it doesn't do sh*t for depression and pain. But whenever I asked should I tapper that one, the answer was no. On the contrary. They want me to increase the dose to 150mg which I refuse. Been there, done that no benefits at all.

I think you should try to get Baclofen or Tizanadine if you could.. I'm pretty sure they work same on the GABA receptors like benzodiazepines do.
Baclofen does not work on benzodiazepine receptors. It works on gaba B. There is some evidence after taper and cessation of benzodiazepine use that baclofen may be effective in reducing cravings. However, I've been on baclofen and the withdrawal syndrome is just as bad.

Tizanidine is a centrally acting alpha adrenergic agonist, not active at the benzodiazepine binding site on GABA Receptors.

Just a simple question. Can Zoloft be of any help with benzo tapering? Currently using 6mg Bromazepam at night mostly as a sleeping aid. My goal is to reduce that dose in half due to depression. Would 50mg Zoloft help?
My advice is to switch to chlordiazepoxide (Librium). It is sedating with an onset of 30 to 45 minutes, So it's effective for sleep. It's also used as a substitute to taper benzodiazepines. It's much less potent about half as potent as diazepam, with 25 mg being the equivalent dose to 6 mg of bromazepam.

Baclofen does not work on benzodiazepine receptors. It works on gaba B. There is some evidence after taper and cessation of benzodiazepine use that baclofen may be effective in reducing cravings. However, I've been on baclofen and the withdrawal syndrome is just as bad.

Tizanidine is a centrally acting alpha adrenergic agonist, not active at the benzodiazepine binding site on GABA Receptors.
Thanks for pointing that out, I'm not big on the science behind this stuff, my point of reference is usually Wikipedia lol.

I just know Baclofen helped me with restless legs and body soreness when I was dope sick. I liked it better than Tizanidine.

If you have the meds thrn just slow the taper. 0.5mg a week at first is ok but that'll be painful after a while.
Look at the Ashton Manual. 10% drop every 2 weeks should be easier. And you can try the zoloft too.
Good luck. I fucking hate tapering benzos.
How am I supposed to cut 0.5mg from 6mg pill?

Have you considered switching to Valium and then tapering down? Last time I stopped taking benzos, that's what I did.

Needless to say, I am a benzo addict again. I just need them for my crippling anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, and to be able to function. My GP discovered my habit and cut me off. That's when I started importing mine.

Have you considered switching to Valium and then tapering down? Last time I stopped taking benzos, that's what I did.

Needless to say, I am a benzo addict again. I just need them for my crippling anxiety, insomnia, panic attacks, and to be able to function. My GP discovered my habit and cut me off. That's when I started importing mine.
Unfortunately this is the only one that I tolerate without any side effects.

Unfortunately this is the only one that I tolerate without any side effects.
I'm with you on that. To me, Bromazepam provides a "clean high", if that's what it is called. Easy on the body, no hangovers, perfect for GAD though, and not severe panic attacks.