View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Brain Cancer and psychs (and mdma)

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
We have all heard of the research currently being done with terminal cancer patients and psychedelics. Im assuming many of these people have had the cancer spread to their brain by the time they take the psychs, but I don't know.

Is there a chance that something horrible like migranes or pain could be brought on by taking a psychedelic or MDMA?

I'm aware that most of these studies are concerning psychs and cancerpatients.

what about MDMA and cancer patients? Its a more physically harsh drug. but assuming the person is is good strength and except for having a tumors in their body/brain, they are not weak or sickly...would MDMA problematic? if you have brain tumors? I know these questions cant really be answered definitively as there are too many variables....but just looking for anyone with experience on the topic to give info

I don't have brain cancer (that I know of) but I have been recovering from TBI since I was about 14 and took multiple blows to the head between the ages of 14 and 24 (I rode motorcross). I asked about it here before and was told that I pretty much should not be taking anything because it implied a major risk, but I like most things too much to quit them so I didn't follow that (very good) advice.

Personally I've noticed changes in how I handle certain things. For example anything in the amphetamine class is a huge no-go for me now, even the smallest dose of something like adderall will have me up for days on end if I don't have a benzo to force me into sleep. My main issue with my TBI was the way it threw off my sleeping patterns. It brought on major insomnia coupled with a non-24 hour sleep cycle, this means my internal clock tends to run close to 36 hours or so. In practice this means I'm generally up to two days then sleeping for 15 hours or so before begin up for 48 hours again. As you can imagine this makes holding a regular job hard since I basically live in constant jet lag and often go into work with no sleep. Any form of amphetamine just makes this even worse.

This problem extends to drugs like 2C-P and MDMA but it isn't as bad as what I described above. With MDMA I am able to roll properly and the come-down/crash isn't bad at all. However, I will be unable to sleep for at least 6-12 hours after the come down without a sleep aide. I am also testing the batches of MDMA I use so I know it isn't an RC begin passed off as MDMA. M1 (methylone) is another story, I took it once while I was holding a regular job in another state. I took it on a Saturday night expecting all the after effects to be over with by the next night and I only re-dosed once in that session. I was unable to sleep for 5 days after taking it despite using a few OTC sleep aids that had worked in the past. By day three I had to call into work because I just couldn't drive, the day before I nearly fell asleep in traffic multiple times on my 2 hour commute home. I was still unable to sleep once I made it home, as soon as I got in bed I was just wide awake.

I eventually had to pay $200 at an urgent care where the doctor decided to take me out of work for a week and sent me home with xanax. With the help of the xanax I finally managed to sleep that night, I attempted to return to work three days later but they wouldn't let me. Ended up missing out on 7 days worth of pay.

2C-P is long acting so it would probably keep anyone up for at least a day and a half anyway. For me 2C-P was fairly stimulating even many hours post-peak and I required xanax to put myself to sleep about 30 hours after initially dosing. I did enjoy it and didn't feel it was too pushy while I was on it however, just couldn't get that "sleep switch" in my head to flip to on.

As far as migraines/head pains go this has been a constant issue for me since I first injured myself at age 14. Migraines are rare for me but the head pains are an every day thing. The pains are centered around both areas of my head/brain where I had my worst concussions, two of which were confirmed to result in TBI. MDMA and some other psychs seem to bring these out from time to time. I have a lot of experience with grinning and bearing this pain so it hasn't become overly worrying while taking these substances. Some substances actually take away that pain: Mushrooms and 5-meo-mipt begin the main two I've noticed this with. Last year I was often taking micro-doses of 5-meo-mipt at 1mg-3mg to deal with the migraines and head pains. If I felt a migraine coming on I could take 5-meo-mipt and be pain free within about an hour or two, if I would have rode out the migraine without anything they typically lasted for several hours and sometimes into the next morning. I don't advocate use of such RCs for these medical problems but I had nothing else on hand and it seemed to work for me. I do think mushrooms are good for this purpose though since they're begin used by the medical community for it these days. For me a gram or two of what I could source locally was enough to stop such pain in its tracks.

I plan on having CT scans and/or MRIs done on my head soon to see what type of problems I have currently. I haven't been able to get proper medical care in some time and I know I need to get proactive about these injuries. I fear I might have some type of growth/tumor in my brain due to some dizzy spells and on two occasions having what I can only describe as mild seizures (or maybe strokes?). These are not common but when they have happened they were very concerning, the last time I "stroked out" I was helping a friend fix his kids bike. I was holding the frame while he took off the rear tire, all of a sudden my vision just blacked over, I lost control of my coordination/muscles, and while I could hear everyone in the room they sounded like they were far away. I had to go to my knees because I was afraid I'd fall and was quickly losing the ability to control my body. I came out of this pretty quickly (at least it felt that way, friend said I was out for about half a minute). I felt like shit all that night and the the next day. My friend, mother, and step father begged me to go to the ER and the local firemen that looked me over said they advised that I go as well. Begin the stubborn farm boy that I am I went home instead and "slept it off". I didn't have health insurance and was afraid that going to the ER would put me in massive debt that I would be unable to repay. Stupid reason for not going but that's how I was raised...us men in my family don't complain about such things and just pretend they don't exist/will go away.

At any rate I'm interested in this thread and any research concerning brain injury and use of these drugs. As I said I'm hopefully going to be back to getting proper medical care soon and will know for sure how far my brain injuries have progressed (for better or worse). Whenever that time comes I'll either bump this thread or post my own.

Last edited: