Bounty Hunters

rivered1

Bluelighter
What legal rights do bounty hunters have when tracking fugitives/bail jumpers? What are they allowed to do and what are they not allowed to do?

Sorry, to be more specific I mean in the United States.

Last edited:
Well, from watching that HBO series about bounty hunters, it seems they pretty much own your ass. As a fugitive, you don't have any rights and they can go to great lengths to grab you.

Guess I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

The HBO series "Family Affair (or something)" cant be compared to dog the bounty hunter, I tried to watch that show, it was ridiculous.

I assume they have the power to lie, decieve, and basically any means including force to do what it takes to catch the fugitive...

Right, television shows aren't always the best for accurate information, especially when regarding the law...

I wouldn't stay in the US with bounty hunters on my ass. Lots of other country's authorties will not cooperate with bounty hunters.

^^ Funny you mentioned that, because just recently a couple of bounty hunters were trying to smuggle a US citizen who jumped bail in US out of canada, well guess what, they got busted at the border and charged with kidnapping! lol.

Bounty hunters find themselves in a bind

^^^^ LOL pretty funny article. That guy is pretty damn lucky.